Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
zlatan did pretty well but ultimately he couldnt hack it on a cold northern thursday night, another foreign myth busted

edit: and in a shocking twist, jesus actually is back after easter.

Eau de MacGowan fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Milan will sign Ibra and he'll play a similar role to what Totti has done for Roma the past couple of years, and it'll be good.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Ibrahimovich is (was) a fantastic player possessing enormous skill, and he scored probably the greatest goal ever, and he still had much to offer the game... but his constant selection by Mourinho was a symptom of the manager's lack of vision and primary flaw: misplaced faith in seniority.

Ibrahimovich flattered to deceive all season and is part of the reason United stand 5th in the table.

had United put full faith in Rashford, Martial, and perhaps another pacey striker, they'd have outlets for Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Herrera, and Mata and would have comfortably finished top 4.

that said, i wouldn't wish this type of exit on anyone. he didn't deserve to die so that Mourinho could live.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Reprisal posted:

Ibrahimovich is (was) a fantastic player possessing enormous skill, and he scored probably the greatest goal ever, and he still had much to offer the game... but his constant selection by Mourinho was a symptom of the manager's lack of vision and primary flaw: misplaced faith in seniority.

Ibrahimovich flattered to deceive all season and is part of the reason United stand 5th in the table.

had United put full faith in Rashford, Martial, and perhaps another pacey striker, they'd have outlets for Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Herrera, and Mata and would have comfortably finished top 4.

that said, i wouldn't wish this type of exit on anyone. he didn't deserve to die so that Mourinho could live.

Agreed on all counts. I really hope he pulls off a miracle recovery to lift the trophy in Stockholm without John Terrying it, though.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Reprisal posted:

IMO Manchester United is a bad team and Zlatan is the only reason they aren't mid table. Mata and Herrera are bad and so is Rashford probably

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Herrera is good, Mata is good but too tiny for the PL, and Rashford will be a very good striker hth

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Mata is good, Herrera is alright and Rashford will threaten to be a world class player before burning out in his early twenties and never realise his potential.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

TheBigAristotle posted:

Mata is good but too tiny for the PL

same size as silva, bigger than zola, just a huge freckled pussy imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Kante is a literal pygmy and he does fine

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Zlatan has scored the winning or equalising goal at least five times this season, the gently caress are you all on about

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Ibrahimovic was very good for the first half of the season but Mourinho overplayed him and for the last couple of months he has looked knackered in most games. Since the league cup final in February he has scored 2 goals, 1 was a penalty and the other was against Sunderland. Still a big blow though to lose him though.

Also Mata is quite good but Herrera and Rashford own.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hearing reports that Rojo will be out until September, Ibra for 9-10 months, so that's probably his career done then :-/

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Some of these predictions seem a little..Rash

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Paul Pogba has scored the same amount of goals as Christian Stuani in an abysmal, toothless Middlesbrough team.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bape Culture posted:

Paul Pogba has scored the same amount of goals as Christian Stuani in an abysmal, toothless Middlesbrough team.

Sounds like Christian is good.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Stuani is a striker, Pogba is a midfielder, and only one of them is getting relegated. Makes you think.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

Stuani is a striker, Pogba is a midfielder, and only one of them is getting relegated. Makes you think.

Do you think Pogba has been good for United?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Hahahaha

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Shrapnig posted:

what if I told you that stuani is played as a right midfielder

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

One was also the most expensive transfer in history and it definitely does make me think

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

sassassin posted:

He has struggled at times but he's still been one of our better players this season and we'd be a lot shitter without him. He has absolutely been a good signing and will only get better, he's had an absurd amount of 'nearly' moments this season

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

United put out a video celebrating that Pogba has (finally) overtaken Henderson as the leading passer in the league

Henderson having not played since February 25th

That's hilarious however you look at it.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

American man: lol u support the team from the town where u were born and they're not as good as the billion pound team I arbitrarily chose to support and who are the best! Where is Manchester?

Me: ah, owned again

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

No. He's been trying to do too much instead of just playing football. It's incredibly frustrating to watch him play because he clearly as the ability to be world class but his entire game looks forced right now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

American man: lol u support the team from the town where u were born and they're not as good as the billion pound team I arbitrarily chose to support and who are the best! Where is Manchester?

Me: ah, owned again

It's not my fault you were born in a town with a poo poo football club.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

African AIDS cum posted:

IMO Manchester United is a bad team and Zlatan is the only reason they aren't mid table. Mata and Herrera are bad and so is Rashford probably

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Paperhouse posted:

He has struggled at times but he's still been one of our better players this season and we'd be a lot shitter without him. He has absolutely been a good signing and will only get better, he's had an absurd amount of 'nearly' moments this season

Yeah, he's not been £90m good, but he's been largely good in the role he plays (which is not "Frank Lampard but does dabs")

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

TheBigAristotle posted:

Mata is good but too tiny for the PL

Mata would be amazing for literally any top side other than United who can't figure out how to play him. I was salivating at the thought of him coming to Spurs a few years when people thought he'd be leaving.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

He'd still probably do a job at Spurs as the Eriksen cover/competition/replacement

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Bournemouth with a tasty goal for me to post about in this non-MDT, Boro look real bad at the back

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mata has scored 35 goals since he moved to United. I'm not sure how that translates to him not being good enough or in the right system or whatever.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

Mata has scored 35 goals since he moved to United. I'm not sure how that translates to him not being good enough or in the right system or whatever.

Weird that he's a midfielder but has still scored goals imo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Weird that he's a midfielder but has still scored goals imo

35 in four seasons vs 7 in one. Amazing stuff Jeff.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Lol Ramirez already sent off by Boro for the biggest dive of the season and a moronic lunge at the ball at the corner-flag. And they should be 3 - 0 down since King also missed a huge chance.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Insurrectionist posted:

Lol Ramirez already sent off by Boro for the biggest dive of the season and a moronic lunge at the ball at the corner-flag. And they should be 3 - 0 down since King also missed a huge chance.

you can make a mdt if you want

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm a lurker at heart and making threads on any forum is too much effort for a low-effort poster like me

also there is one now

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Pogba was the worst player on the pitch when Liverpool played United and that's the only United game I've watched this season so therefore Paul Pogba is the actual worst player, the end

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm a lurker at heart and making threads on any forum is too much effort for a low-effort poster like me

also there is one now
I did one mdt in like 7 years of posting in TRP and it was quite fun. Do it next time Insurrectionist. we believe in you and we love you.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
This misplaced faith is touching and Im tearing up, powerful man tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Paperhouse posted:

I said this a lot about Stewart Downing during the 2010-2011 season.

In all seriousness, I do think Pogba has not been nearly as bad as everyone has liked to say. It really isn't his fault that Woodward wanted to make him the most expensive player in the world regardless of whether or not United actually had the kind of side that would make the best use of Pogba.

• Locked thread