Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

extradite THIS! posted:

I'm mostly drawing a blank right now but definitely give at least Stillste Stund a try.

Thanks mate, I'll check 'em out. :)

Edit: This is great stuff, just the kind of music I'm looking for. :)

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Kamrat posted:

I've been listening to a lot of Das Ich as of late and I would very much like to find similar music, any recommendations?
I kinda like Schwarzblut and they're not a million miles away from Das Ich.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

I'm seeing Covenant today here in Helsinki and I'm so excited :hellyeah: Seeing them at Amphi last year with Prop Wash was so great and I've been DYING to see a full-blown club set from them ever since. Hoping they play a lot from Blinding Dark because I loving love that album. I'm bringing my limited edition copy of it with me on the off chance I have the chance to get it signed.

I'm mostly drawing a blank right now but definitely give at least Stillste Stund a try.

E-Tropolis wasn't a full-blown club set but they went pretty heavy on Blinding Dark, so I hope you get your wish in Helsinki!

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Hedenius posted:

I kinda like Schwarzblut and they're not a million miles away from Das Ich.

Thanks man, not really what I was looking for but a fine recommendation nonetheless. :)

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Anyone been to the Steve Naghavi And One "Live and Relaxed" Acoustic Power Hour? It sounds interesting, but I'm not fluent in German and it seems like quite a bit of the show is him chatting with the audience.

edit: aw hell, it's not that much money and I'm sure the experience will be great.

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 1, 2017

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
Nothing sounds like Das Ich because Das Ich is inimitable.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ok holy loving tits Covenant was insane. Only played two from Blinding Dark, which was a bummer, but to make up for it they played EVERYTHING ELSE. Two hours of madness. Made some hasty notes at a couple of points and reconstructed the setlist from them:

1. Monochrome
2. Bullet
3. I Close My Eyes
4. Cold Reading
5. Figurehead
6. Edge of Dawn
7. Shelter
8. Replicant
9. Go Film
10. 20hz
11. Ignorance & Bliss
12. Like Tears in Rain
13. Lightbringer
14. Call the Ships to Port

15. Prometheus
16. We Stand Alone

17. Stalker
18. Dead Stars
19. One World One Sky / Ritual Noise (medley)

Also at some point a girl jumped on stage, stripped naked in seconds and danced through a song. When she finally left, Eskil just coolly said "Thank you miss, my wife isn't gonna be happy..."

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
This sounds a lot like the setlist at Electrixmas in December. I was so stoked to hear Edge of Dawn and Figurehead. The new album sounds so good live though.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
It's an empirical fact that Edge of Dawn is the best Covenant song. So jealous.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

LOL I've seen them four times and still never Monochrome. Seen everything else though.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I own 14 :wumpscut: albums, but you could probably fill a single CD up with the really good songs if you were stretching it. I think Bone Peeler was the moment I was out. The Haujobb remix of Soylent Green is still really great though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRlQKMvLAU0

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn. Rammstein announced a show for Chicago at the end of last month and tickets went on sale on the 1st. I found out today. Still managed to get some decent seats. Outdoor show. :getin: They're going to be in Dallas as well, and according to Richard, they've got 35 new songs recorded. They're also releasing a new DVD of a show a few years ago in Paris. On my phone, but there's trailers and such on YouTube.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

They're going to be in Vegas too. Good to hear that they have a bunch of new material, it's been a while since Liebe now.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Molestationary Store posted:

They're going to be in Vegas too. Good to hear that they have a bunch of new material, it's been a while since Liebe now.

I'm going to be in Vegas for Cisco Live. Rammstein is on the last Saturday, but I've gotta be home Friday night! And he's not announced any Denver dates.

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
Isn't 3Teeth opening for them on one or more dates? Also it's been a few weeks, but Turmion Katilot's new album Dance Panique is good. Better than Discovibrator.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Failed Nihilist posted:

Isn't 3Teeth opening for them on one or more dates? Also it's been a few weeks, but Turmion Katilot's new album Dance Panique is good. Better than Discovibrator.

I listened to Dance Panique once and I wasn't impressed. TK need to switch it up somehow, the last couple of albums have been essentially the same. Or maybe I need to give the new album another spin

Failed Nihilist
Apr 10, 2015
Yeah, I'll admit they get kinda samey, but Panique was at least marginally better than Diskovibrator, which sounded like all the filler tracks from Technodiktator. Also, the video for Dance Panique owns.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Been listening to Laibach's Anthems comp lately and I'd forgotten how after a bunch of classic soaring Laibach songs and covers the first disc ends with a string of tracks that wouldn't sound out of place on a Test Dept album. Good times.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
Welp, Volt 9000 have sunk to a new low and just put out a Kickstarter. With all the wads of money just being thrown at industrial bands these days, it was bound to happen.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1419845335/volt-9000-new-album-2017

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

The Cleaner posted:

Welp, Volt 9000 have sunk to a new low and just put out a Kickstarter. With all the wads of money just being thrown at industrial bands these days, it was bound to happen.

$596 as a goal? Kind of lowballing it

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

SacrificialGoat posted:

$596 as a goal? Kind of lowballing it

Haha, no. Truth is I'd be surprised if we even make that. There's a good chance it won't. After the first 24-hours of promo it's already at a plateau of $182. Our previous releases have all lost money. Even our vinyl releases with Artoffact Records lost money. We've been dying in the red since day one.

But hey, gotta look on the bright side.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's comforting to see a Kickstarter in Canadian funds. Now I don't have to mentally do an exchange rate futures guess in my head.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

The Cleaner posted:

I didn't know but I'm not surprised you're working with Ryan Clark. He's excellent folks.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

The Cleaner posted:

Pfft I pledged before you posted it. (Saw it on the ID:YD slack)

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

I didn't know but I'm not surprised you're working with Ryan Clark. He's excellent folks.

He's one of the few promoters/behind-the-scene cats I fully trust.

teethgrinder posted:

Pfft I pledged before you posted it. (Saw it on the ID:YD slack)

Well that's because you're awesome!
What is Slack anyway? I keep hearing about it. It's like a private message forum?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Cleaner posted:

He's one of the few promoters/behind-the-scene cats I fully trust.

Well that's because you're awesome!
What is Slack anyway? I keep hearing about it. It's like a private message forum?

It's a private chat thing. On ID:YD's Slack there's a fun international crew of scene fans, musicians, promoters, writers etc. (including a couple of cool peeps from this thread!) on there. Send an email to the ID:YD people about and they'll invite you in. Highly recommended, it's good times!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I just connect to it with IRC, along with all the other channels I never contribute to

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Well, Igorrr is set to release his new album in june and he uploaded a video to a first single, ieuD. I have been listening to it on repeat for a while now and I think this album is shaping up to be his best ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS7X5nuvjHo

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

The Cleaner posted:

Haha, no. Truth is I'd be surprised if we even make that. There's a good chance it won't. After the first 24-hours of promo it's already at a plateau of $182. Our previous releases have all lost money. Even our vinyl releases with Artoffact Records lost money. We've been dying in the red since day one.

But hey, gotta look on the bright side.

Howdy partner! I post on Litany too, good to see you around here! :toot:

Loving the Studio By The Cemetary release BTW.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hahahaha holy loving poo poo what a garbage fire of a lineup E-Tropolis has next year

That has to be one of the most offensively bad lineups I've ever seen in this scene. I hate all of this apart from .com/kill which is ok because Diary of Dreams is cool & good.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

extradite THIS! posted:

Hahahaha holy loving poo poo what a garbage fire of a lineup E-Tropolis has next year

That has to be one of the most offensively bad lineups I've ever seen in this scene. I hate all of this apart from .com/kill which is ok because Diary of Dreams is cool & good.
The German industrial scene has gone :psyduck:

.com/kill is good though yeah. Looks like they're working on a new album but no idea when it's out.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

Half the groups are playing at Amphi this year, you'd think they'd switch it up a bit. Still, the best parts of E-Tropolis this year were the dudes in small fonts (plus Covenant, I guess) so I'll wait for the rest of the program before writing it off entirely. Plus Aesthetic Perfection did nothing wrong

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

Half the groups are playing at Amphi this year, you'd think they'd switch it up a bit. Still, the best parts of E-Tropolis this year were the dudes in small fonts (plus Covenant, I guess) so I'll wait for the rest of the program before writing it off entirely. Plus Aesthetic Perfection did nothing wrong

Yeah but if that's the direction that fest is going next year it doesn't sound great. Could be they still make it not awful but they've managed to find some impressively toxic people and incredibly generic bands (seriously are there more generic futurepop bands than Frozen Plasma and loving Eisfabrik?). They should book Combichrist to seal the deal of awfulness.

Also Aesthetic Perfection did lots wrong, including sounding like rear end and also Graves being a twat.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 14, 2017

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Who knew Architect was touring? My wife bought tickets to surprise me and we're at the Toad Tavern in Denver right now.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
This is amazing. This place is also just a neighborhood hangout, so there's a contingent of locals who are just trying to enjoy their beer at the bar and wtf is this going on behind me I will ignore it

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What the gently caress did Aesthetic Perfection do to anybody? Good tunes, and they're the nicest guys.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tias posted:

What the gently caress did Aesthetic Perfection do to anybody? Good tunes, and they're the nicest guys.

Daniel Graves is just one of those people who shouldn't be allowed on the internet (which I believe he has finally realized himself). He has absolutely terrible ideas about music, including that he seriously believes pop music is the ultimate form of music that everyone must strive to and you aren't a real musician if you don't make pop music. He's also super pissy about the fact that he's "trapped" in the industrial scene.

Also, his voice and style of singing is the worst thing possible. He sounds like an angry, constipated frog.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If you're interested in a bit of backstory on Daniel Graves, the I Die You Die dudes had a really good interview with him on their podcast http://www.idieyoudie.com/2016/12/we-have-a-technical-134-in-the-news-again/

His opinions on pop music are strange. Despite how much he buys into "pop" instead of "industrial" stylings (see his recent tour poster for a good example) he must be aware that his singing voice is sort of tailor-made to not appeal to anyone. I'd say it's more like "Fred Durst with laryngitis" rather than "angry, constipated frog" but it's totally not accessible at all. I think he wants his music to break out of the mold (if that interview is to be trusted, he's still got a huge chip on his shoulder about how he got treated early on in his career) but he also seems intent on sabotaging that whenever possible by croaking up a storm and yelling at people on Facebook. Tell you what though, his live show is great once you come around on his voice! In fact, I'm about to see him and William Control in a week or two :toot:

Youth Code in Berlin next month, anyone interested?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I guess I don't really care about internet drama, the live show is amazing and they're a friendly bunch, offline anyway v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Youth Code is great.