Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

So could I make "Fire Dot A" and "Fire Dot B" stack if they applied the exact same effect but were different spells in my spell book? Or is it only different damage types that stack?

The first one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the latest morrowind code patch that came out extremely recently (2.3) is really awesome and has large address awareness (4gb patch) built into it

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/19510/
highly rec.
e: these are all optional changes btw!

- New patcher GUI. New layout with DPI scaling compatibility. All patcher text is now in json format for translation.
- 4GB patch. Integrated into the install process.
- Enchanted item rebalance. This option has been split into two options; "Enchanted item cooldown" for the casting cooldown and "Enchanted item rebalance" for the enchant skill scaling. The cooldown is no longer affected by NPCs using enchanted items.
- Item recharging rebalance. Fixed patch description to show 100% success rate occurs at over 30 enchant, not at 60 enchant.
- Slowfall overhaul. Fixes the framerate-dependence of slowfall and its complete prevention of falling damage. The falling speed of slowfall varied so much depending on your framerate, there was previously no choice but to avoid giving damage. Horizontal air resistance has been reduced to 5% of the original to allow characters to glide, but remember that air resistance still increases with high magnitude spells.
- Improved loading speed. Provides better loading times for reloading and restarting the game, when Morrowind is already cached in memory. It also improves speed for people using VSync or windowed mode, and when there are many small mods enabled.
- Arrow de-nocker. Allows you to remove your arrow or bolt from a fully drawn weapon by pressing the Ready Weapon key.
- Healthy appetite. Eating ingredients always succeeds, giving its first effect and skill advancement.
- Better recharging. Allows much simpler recharging of items. When recharging, you now click an item, then select a soul gem to apply to the item. This can be repeated multiple times in the menu until you are done.
- Spellmaker/enchanting improvement. Improves the UI when setting spell effects in the spellmaker or enchantment windows. When changing the strength of an effect, increasing the minimum magnitude will increase the maximum magnitude if it is lower, and decreasing the maximum magnitude will decrease the minimum magnitude if it is higher.
- Two-handed weapon removes shield. Un-equips the shield when equipping any two-handed weapon. You no longer can benefit from the armour rating or enchantments of the shield while both hands are occupied.
- Quality-based potion icons/models. Changes alchemy so that player made potions have an icon and model related to the quality of crafted potions, instead of a randomized icon and model.
- First person swim animations. Allows mods to add swim animations that will play in first person view. This has no effect without a suitable animation mod.
- Self-enchanting success chance. Displays a percentage chance of success on the self-enchanting menu.
- Persuasion improvement. The persuasion menu stays open after you select an option.
- Scriptable potion use. Adds the ability for NPCs to drink potions with the Equip script command. It will work both in and out of combat.
- See all standard potion effects. Allows the player to see all of the effects on standard potions, instead of a limited number depending on alchemy skill. Player-made potions still show effects based on alchemy skill, as do potions that are flagged 'Blocked' in the Construction Set.
- Better haggling. When bartering, allows you to increase or decrease the haggle value by 100 by holding Shift when clicking the [+] or [-] buttons. Hold the button down to add or remove large values quickly; this works reliably due to another fix.
- Container respawn timescale. Changes the respawn variables and checking interval to count in days instead of months, although the variable names stay the same. This should allow modders to create more interesting restocking goods at merchants
- AddItem with levelled items. Adds support for levelled items to AddItem. This allow mods to generate randomized items more easily. See patch description for important details.
- Get/SetAngle enhancement. GetAngle and SetAngle can now be used to work with an actor's actual rotation instead of the actor's initial rotation. Adds the U, V, W axes to the SetAngle command, which are mapped to X, Y, Z but applying a ZYX rotation axis order matching the rest of the engine, allowing scripted rotations to be saved and restored properly, as well as being able to use the original rotation of the object. Using UVW axes allows this option to be backwards compatible with item placement mods.
- AIActivate enhancement. To improve the usefulness of the AIActivate command, it is now possible to specify that the item argument and actor are swapped before use, to match the Activate command. It is backwards compatible with existing AIActivate using mods.
- Avoid blame for neutral NPC deaths. If a neutral (not in combat) NPC dies from a spell effect cast by anyone at the player, the player fully takes the blame and incurs a murder charge. This can happen if a neutral NPC is killed by an area effect spell used by a creature or NPC trying to kill anything else. This patch will avoid charging the player with a crime if the NPC is killed by a third party.
- Spellmaking matches editor. The duration of a spell effect can now be set to 0 to create an instant effect. The magicka cost of a spell now matches the cost of a pre-made auto-calculated spell with the same effects.
- Allow gloves with bracers. Allows gloves to be equipped at the same time as bracers. Gauntlets still cause gloves to be removed. Note that some visual clipping is inevitable, as many gloves are not closely fitting.
- GetSpellEffects tweak. Allows the GetSpellEffects command to detect active enchantments. Potions are not supported due to differences in the alchemy effects handling.
- Safe dispose corpse. Actors are not fully treated as dead until their death animation is complete and they can no longer move. The final processing of an actor includes script triggers. Prevents a corpse from being disposed until all game mechanics on the actor are resolved.

mbt fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 20, 2017

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Whats the extremely small/focused modlist again? Basically just the essential fixes but not changing core systems.

I know to grab Solsthiem Rumor Fix/DB attack. What else is similar/essential.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Rookersh posted:

Whats the extremely small/focused modlist again? Basically just the essential fixes but not changing core systems.

I know to grab Solsthiem Rumor Fix/DB attack. What else is similar/essential.

morrowind code patch
mgexe
morrowind patch project
rumor fix / db attack
mesh improvements ( http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/23981/ )
script improvements ( http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43828/ )

that's basically it as far as non graphics are concerned

textures:
roberts bodies / any heads mod
darknuts armors/weapons/creatures
swg skies iv

then pick and choose whichever architecture replacers you want, these guys have some of the best
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/users/3281858/?tb=mods&pUp=1
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/users/159722/?tb=mods&pUp=1

alternatively try out watercolored morrowind

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

the latest morrowind code patch that came out extremely recently (2.3) is really awesome and has large address awareness (4gb patch) built into it

- Persuasion improvement. The persuasion menu stays open after you select an option.

Holy loving poo poo yes. So good.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I've had the same dog-eared copy of "The Morrowind Prophecies" sitting on a special place on my shelf (and in my heart) for years. I vividly remember the section where the author likened the back way through the main quest to Thanksgiving dinner without the turkey.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is Roberts compatible with better bodies?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

dont use MGSO its MEGA outdated even by morrowind standards and has many patches you probably don't have so enjoy the missing textures :thumbsup:

morrowind code patch

MGEXE
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/41102/

speed and stamina tweaked (dont use the mb10 esp)
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43413/

better dialogue font
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/36873/

delayed db attack (just use it dont worry about what it does for now thats spoiler territory)
http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/14891/

morrowind patch project
http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/download/1060-previous-patches-unofficial-morrowind-patch/

that's all you need dont bother with that graphics bullshit you're a grown rear end adult and MGSO is bad. start up the game and ask yourself what you REALLY can't live with and then change it, dont take some literally retarded brazilian guys opinion on whats best

ahem, u forgot

- imoen romance mod

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Gyshall posted:

Do you mean with BB clothing, or are you trying to combine two body mods together?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Node posted:

ahem, u forgot

- imoen romance mod

Which one?

I'm kidding, but on the other hand I'm pretty sure someone made an Imoen mod for MW.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Gyshall posted:

lol they do the same thing just load roberts

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Node posted:

ahem, u forgot

- imoen romance mod

Someone definitely made a Liarcor mod. It added the entire soundtrack of Conan the Barbarian for some reason. As well as the talking sword that was even more annoying.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
It would also randomly sing AC/DC. And it came out almost 15 years ago!

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Necroskowitz posted:

It would also randomly sing AC/DC. And it came out almost 15 years ago!

62000 downloads?! What the hell...?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zeniel posted:

62000 downloads?! What the hell...?
it was never good and it looks pretty quaint nowadays, but at the time it was a really impressive achievement and something that drew a lot of attention to the potential this dumb game and its CS had for innovative ideas and scripting - it came out just a couple of months after the game's release when most mods were just a variant on "Daedric armor in Seyda Neen", plus 2002 was a dark time where Minsc and Boo and Lilarcor were the most hilarious things in the world next to quoting Monty Python and the Holy Grail, so people have fond if misguided memories of it.

also there's a Saerilith Morrowind edition too :mrgw:

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 21, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I feel like we could develop a metagaming subculture where we install Morrowind and only use mods made within the first year or two of its release.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

next gimmick run. Mog Mod, Lilarcor, Moons Spawn, Natural Skins Female, Blood and Gore and the original version of GIANTS

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cat Mattress posted:

Do you mean with BB clothing, or are you trying to combine two body mods together?

lol they do the same thing just load roberts

Sorry, yeah, I meant the clothing mods for BB - are they compatible with Roberts?

too late anyway cause i installed them and it looks great!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Clothing and armor in Morrowind work by replacing body parts, so clothing mods should just work usually. The worst that can happen is having bad connections between these parts, such as visible seams or bad clipping. BB clothing designed to show some skin are probably going to be completely borked up; however simple replacements of vanilla/Trib/BM clothing and armor should have no major problem.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

Clothing and armor in Morrowind work by replacing body parts

I thought this was a post about lore for a second and :psyduck:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Millennial Sexlord posted:

I thought this was a post about lore for a second and :psyduck:
I love that this is actually a perfectly reasonable assumption to make about the metaphysics of the TES setting

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

well the Dwemer turned themselves into body parts for Numidium (the skin) so it's not far-fetched

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

next gimmick run. Mog Mod, Lilarcor, Moons Spawn, Natural Skins Female, Blood and Gore and the original version of GIANTS

only if you also run HELLUVA weapons and armor and end with Ghostpath

moons spawn isn't bad :shobon:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

wasn't HELLUVA a lot later? I thought late 2000s.

Moons Spawn is good in a really 2003 way, right down to being a haphazard implementation of another obscure fantasy nerdy thing

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

helluva is the vaporwave of morrowind mods

released in 2009 but captures early 00 modding so well

e: gently caress tr this is my morrowind map atm

mbt fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 21, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
White Wolf of Lokken is a very cute mod, give it a try. :3:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh man I remember scouring the web for some of the things included in that map. Some of them were untraceable even at the time, I swear the author made them up. Like that prank joke where you paint 1, 2 and 4 on three pigs and set them loose

Goblin Lab was a completely insane treasure by some of the Black Mill guys with its own FMVs, racing minigames and all sorts of poo poo, and it was completely incomprehensible so nobody apart from me ever played it. The titular Goblin Lab was completely irrelevant to anything that happened

edit: ^^^ yeah Lokken is a lot of fun and incredibly charming. Emma's one of the greats

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

what are yall gonna do for the morrowind 15th anniversary on may 1st

i hope you have a super secret mod lined up to release, I think there's going to be another morrowind modathon, I might get in on that

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I'm the 10,000 particle effects in all early modded dungeons that will grind your lovely computer to 1frame/3 seconds.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Do you think Morrowind will get a free release like Arena and Daggerfall?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Upmarket Mango posted:

Do you think Morrowind will get a free release like Arena and Daggerfall?

Morrowind was enormously popular (compared to Daggerfall. And Daggerfall was enormously popular compared to Arena) and probably still makes them a trickle of cash, so I doubt it. It'd be nice of them. Give the gift of Morrowind to the world!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Just found out there's not one but two references to SA in Morrowind. Never knew about the second one: Imperial Library link

Also yeah seems a bit too early to give Morrowind away for free. Maybe in five years.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 22, 2017

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Private Speech posted:

Just found there's not one but two references to SA in Morrowind. Never knew about the second one: Imperial Library link

There was a Bethesda developer, Hayt, that posted on the forums at the time. It was likely his influence that got Arlowe and the Banhammer in Morrowind.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

its only fitting that the goon developer invented cliff racers
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3565574&pagenumber=35&perpage=40#post419551996

e: i've posted this before but it makes me lol every time

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

its only fitting that the goon developer invented cliff racers
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3565574&pagenumber=35&perpage=40#post419551996

e: i've posted this before but it makes me lol every time

Whoa, I thought he disappeared. I assumed Bethesda told him to shut up.

I don't mind cliff racers. I got enough bolts.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Morrowind was pretty much the only game I was ever really interested in modding at all. Although these days I prefer to play it vanilla. I remember there was some mod that was something about inheriting a fancy mansion stronghold that had a dark and terrible secret. But I have no idea what that secret was I never found it.

And there was also one that had you visit some lore related queen or something and the king of worms was their, I remember that one being kind of neat because you got this really awesome living quarters that had an indoor swimming pool with a glass aquarium next to it. Plus that was the first mod I remember that had those neat display cases that bethesda now puts in all their games but they don't really work properly if you try and use them yourself.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zeniel posted:

Morrowind was pretty much the only game I was ever really interested in modding at all. Although these days I prefer to play it vanilla. I remember there was some mod that was something about inheriting a fancy mansion stronghold that had a dark and terrible secret. But I have no idea what that secret was I never found it.

And there was also one that had you visit some lore related queen or something and the king of worms was their, I remember that one being kind of neat because you got this really awesome living quarters that had an indoor swimming pool with a glass aquarium next to it. Plus that was the first mod I remember that had those neat display cases that bethesda now puts in all their games but they don't really work properly if you try and use them yourself.

both sound suspiciously like Mori Mountain Estate
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-35-7306

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
My longest running character was a bald and shirtless Imperial monk with hand to hand and alteration magic. I was punching werewolves to death and then leaping back to town.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

oh man I remember scouring the web for some of the things included in that map. Some of them were untraceable even at the time, I swear the author made them up. Like that prank joke where you paint 1, 2 and 4 on three pigs and set them loose

Goblin Lab was a completely insane treasure by some of the Black Mill guys with its own FMVs, racing minigames and all sorts of poo poo, and it was completely incomprehensible so nobody apart from me ever played it. The titular Goblin Lab was completely irrelevant to anything that happened

edit: ^^^ yeah Lokken is a lot of fun and incredibly charming. Emma's one of the greats

I know Morrowland is real. After seeing other peoples accounts of it, I kinda want to play it for my self to experience it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

well the Dwemer turned themselves into body parts for Numidium (the skin) so it's not far-fetched

Also of course all "daedric" items, including armor pieces, are daedra.