Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

It's been mentioned before in previous versions of the thread, but Rall is nothing but a professional contrarian. His job is to dislike what everyone else likes.
Claiming credit when something he does like happens is a service he offers as well.

Edit:

the_steve fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lurdiak posted:

Peak Rall you say?

She hung up. :(

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

the_steve posted:

It's been mentioned before in previous versions of the thread, but Rall is nothing but a professional contrarian. His job is to dislike what everyone else likes.
Claiming credit when something he does like happens is a service he offers as well.

As best I can tell about Rall, this is completely accurate. I'm surprised he hasn't come out against water and breathing yet.

The dog edits are no longer necessary BTW.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Prism posted:

As best I can tell about Rall, this is completely accurate. I'm surprised he hasn't come out against water and breathing yet.

Well You know who else breathed and drank water?
Mussolini :colbert:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

White Clay, Nebraska; Good Riddance

Liquor Licenses Denied for Whiteclay Beer Stores Near Pine Ridge Reservation

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Unite election – Len McCluskey has been re-elected leader of the Unite union in a narrow victory that was greeted with relief by supporters of the Labour leader, Jeremy Corbyn"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Van Gogh.

The i paper:

Times:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Prism posted:

The dog edits are no longer necessary BTW.

Don't listen to this person.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

the_steve posted:

It's been mentioned before in previous versions of the thread, but Rall is nothing but a professional contrarian.

He should get help. I can recommend a good reverse psychologist.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lurdiak posted:

Peak Rall you say?

Not enough Hitlers.

Perhaps the drone should be a Hitler?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

A trip to the White House is the elite athlete equivalent of everyone getting a trophy.

The New England Patriots made their regular trek last week. They gave President Trump another jersey. Jason Gray, in the WSJ (a subscription is required but try clicking the Google link), says he’ll never wear it unless he gets a job at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Some players didn’t make the trip, including Tom Brady. Also, on the dark side, former star receiver Aaron Hernandez hung himself in prison that morning. He had just been cleared of two murder charges but was serving a life term for another.

But team owner Robert Craft showed up. He claims Vladimir Putin stole his Super Bowl ring in 2013.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Holy everloving shitballs yes Bernie should do something about the high unemployment among butlers and yacht builders :fuckoff:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Goddamn that Lester.
I actually did a sarcastic clap, Are we sure he is a person and not a Markov chain of talking points?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE YACHT BUILDERS?! :qq:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Right wing cartoonists continue to demonstrate an unironic Kelly worldview

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm sure billionaires are laying off their au pairs in these tight economic times. The tight economic times where the wealth is going from the poor to the rich.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h1F93EJIds

All JRROSE! comics should just have that embedded somehow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm pretty sure those people will be able to find jobs elsewhere, except the golf pro????

Like a personal chef can just be a regular chef and a yacht builder can build other boats.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

I recognize the hosed up cranium on that yacht builder; Lester is reusing art from a couple months ago

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's reusing art

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Won't someone please edit this so everyone (except Bernie) is holding up "Literally eat the rich", "Burn Wall Street Down", and similar signs?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I want to bash in Mike Lester's head with a loving brick. It's better than he deserves.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ooh, I get to call Mike out for once on a topic I'm very familiar with.

gently caress off Mike, A Personal Chef is different from a Private Chef, though they do similar jobs. A Personal Chef is basically making and freezing meals for people for a week at a time. It's common for both the wealthy but little time, as well as for dietary needs and restrictions. A Private Chef works for one person, as their Private Chef.

e-

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 22, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The era where rich people lived in manors and employed dozens of servants is over, nobody lives like that anymore even if they're even richer relatively than the brooding nobles from an Austen or Brontë novel.

Also lol at poor yacht builders. Just for fun, a result from searching for "yearly yacht sales statistics": http://www.boatinternational.com/yacht-market-intelligence/superyacht-industry-data/superyacht-sales-data
Yacht sales don't seem to be doing poorly.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Is there anyone who even holds up Bill Clinton as a moral paragon? The "best" I've ever seen was my dad whose whole thing was "he was better than the guy before him and he drat sure was better than the guy after him, who cares if he got blown in the Oval office?"

Like no one thinks Bill is someone you should emulate beyond his performance as president.
He was popular and remains popular despite decades of slander, and Republicans can't stand that because they can't understand why.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The only good thing about Lester cartoons is that the time he spends making GBS threads them out is time he isn't using to beat his wife.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Hihohe posted:

I want that Hypocrites shirt

same. sometimes Ramirez or Branco or even Tinsley will unintentionally make a shirt i want to wear

edit : hell, i would wear the SICKOS shirt that Kelley did too

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 22, 2017

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Cat Mattress posted:

Also lol at poor yacht builders. Just for fun, a result from searching for "yearly yacht sales statistics": http://www.boatinternational.com/yacht-market-intelligence/superyacht-industry-data/superyacht-sales-data
Yacht sales don't seem to be doing poorly.

He's saying they would be if Bernie had his way and people couldn't afford to buy yachts so big they had two smaller yachts in them so that they could go into port.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

KillerJunglist posted:

All Branco said about it was this giggity-giggity-garbage.

fake edit: AMMOLAND

This joke may have been made before, but I would think there are still a few extremists out there who are still thanking United Airlines.

e: also that frog-suit is lazy as gently caress

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

duz posted:

He's saying they would be if Bernie had his way and people couldn't afford to buy yachts so big they had two smaller yachts in them so that they could go into port.

What in that image makes you think this is a what-if cartoon?

Johntalouette
Oct 30, 2013

Also, it's only a problem when Bernie does it. When a regressive speaks out saying the poors should just not buy cars (which are necessary to get to work) and not buy iPhones (which are necessary to hold down a job in 2017) no conservatives come out to say think of the American car companies and American electronics companies. But the moment someone says maybe the rich are taking more than they contribute there is suddenly a burgeoning yacht industry we need to defend.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I actually LOLed at this. This is a legit funny cartoon :)

It's just not funny in the way Lester wants it to be. It's laughing-at funny, not laughing-with funny. It's funny the way a Kelly cartoon is funny. Here is a man who appears to honestly think that living off the scraps of the rich, being a literal live-in servant to another person, is the best and most dignified life Americans can or should be able to hope for. That is the America Michael Lester envisions: basically feudalism, only the agricultural industry is mechanized now. How dare Bernie Sanders oppose this beautiful dream!

loquacius fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 22, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Won't someone please think of the yacht builders!!?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I believe Rool approaching Trump's team for an interview / collaboration on his book:

Was accompanied by a series of ever more pathetic twits begging for someone, anyone, to talk to him. Anyone got the links etc?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I can't read this as anything but a pro-Bernie cartoon.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

are we really gonna do this with you two now?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why is he concerned by those industries anyway? There's no way his political cartoons are bringing in the money to afford the stuff in that cartoon.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why is he concerned by those industries anyway? There's no way his political cartoons are bringing in the money to afford the stuff in that cartoon.

Job creator worship, rich fetishism, temporarily embarrassed millionaire, etc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You opine for the social class you want, not the one you have

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
There's a yacht factory in the town I live in.
They are hiring all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

• Locked thread