Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Kashuno posted:

Have you guys considered maybe just...playing videogames on your Nintendo Switch?

I'm about to poop. So yes. Yes I have!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Have you guys considered maybe just...playing videogames on your Nintendo Switch?

as soon as friday comes i finally will be able to again

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
If I found a magic wishing Deku tree I now know what I would use my wish on

I'd wish that when you poor starving nerds living in poverty paid money to go to see a movie or to subscribe to Netflix or hbo you would also magically get a big chunk of inexplicably resellable plastic

That way you highly intelligent financial planners in here could manage to buy a new release console the month it launched, and also manage to buy food and pay your utilities and whatever. Everyone wins! Except for common sense...

And...

You know...

our actual physical world

it's not hyrule though so who cares!!! :laugh:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Mace Bacon posted:

Im gonna get MK8DX physically just because it's gonna make people mad.

Well, it's only going to make one really broken guy mad. And that's worth it!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mace Bacon posted:

Im gonna get MK8DX physically just because it's gonna make people mad.

:same:

Dudes meltdown is hilarious.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

monkeu posted:

I'd wish that when you poor starving nerds living in poverty paid money to go to see a movie or to subscribe to Netflix or hbo you would also magically get a big chunk of inexplicably resellable plastic

That way you highly intelligent financial planners in here could manage to buy a new release console the month it launched, and also manage to buy food and pay your utilities and whatever. Everyone wins! Except for common sense...

And...

You know...

Are you just really bitter that your bookcase full of DVDs is worth nothing? Otherwise... I don't Get It

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

loving hell monkeu, please stop the trolling, the people here don't know how to react to your vicious attacks.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

monkeu posted:

And...

You know...

I know you're just a moron but people aren't poor becuse they have Netflix subs. Hth

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Can you truly own a game if you don't even know what it tastes like

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Norns posted:

I know you're just a moron but people aren't poor becuse they have Netflix subs. Hth

You sure about that? Next you're going to tell me about owning a fridge.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Can you truly own a game if you don't even know what it tastes like

I'm still upset that I can't taste Switch games so I'm going to build a large library of physical releases and try putting them all in my mouth at once.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I buy physical because I don't trust any of these digital distribution methods to be around or let me keep my software forever. I'm a tinfoil hat wearer, I know, but I can also play cartridges whenever I want and the MAN can't take them from me.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Man, I have a goddamn ton of Amazon gift credit but no matter how many times I refresh the search results they STILL don't have Switches in stock. Obviously I need to send some nonsense email or tweet to Amazon acting like I actually believe that would make a difference.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
guys wtf

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

monkeu posted:

It's fine let's just keep filling up our planet and destroying the ocean with worthless plastic cartridges and ridiculous packaging. And all because Nintendo nerds can't sort their lives out enough that they literally can't manage to survive without factoring in the hypothetical $30 they might be able to get back when they hypothetically get sick of playing Mario kart.

Meanwhile digital media and broadband internet exists and mk8 is less than 7 gigs.

gently caress this earth though! Fill it up with more plastic because you retards can't manage a budget. And I'm the rear end in a top hat :laugh:

Oh hey I remember you from YCS you were the 360 dude right? And Flayer was PS3?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Sakurazuka posted:

Miss those days. :munch:

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

Wendell posted:

Well, it's only going to make one really broken guy mad. And that's worth it!

Even if it angers just one person, it will be worth it.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

I miss his monthly NPD posts.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
hey guys i cant decide if i want to get the mario kart 8 physical for 20% off or digital for the convenience

any thoughts?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

hey guys i cant decide if i want to get the mario kart 8 physical for 20% off or digital for the convenience

any thoughts?

Buy it on 3ds for 20 its practically the same

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i dont have a 3ds i have a nintendo switch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Liar

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Bean posted:

I buy physical because I don't trust any of these digital distribution methods to be around or let me keep my software forever. I'm a tinfoil hat wearer, I know, but I can also play cartridges whenever I want and the MAN can't take them from me.

Yeah the only place this was ok was steam but that's just a Dump library of mine of cheap games I never play

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's true. I also don't have a 3ds

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

liar

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Are you sure you can afford to be in this club? Open up the cart slot on your switch, and it better be empty.

Bean posted:

You can still buy games on the Wii online store.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Cojawfee posted:

That would be true if this were something like the DS where games are only available on carts. Anyone who wants PPT will just go to the eshop and buy it. The physical cart would only have value to collectors.

The first Bravely Default is *Finally* going back down in price https://www.amazon.com/Bravely-Default-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00GV4V8XC?th=1 they were going for $70+ for the longest time, and could be bought digitally for $40.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I havent turned my switch on in 2 weeks are there any cool games yet

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

no

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StabMasterArson posted:

You missed them

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

StabMasterArson posted:

Binding of Isaac

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

bef posted:

Binding of Isaac

Ngl the stickers are really cute

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

the nintendo eshop doesnt have mario kart for sale yet so i decided to get the cheap version

thanks nintendo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Looks like Fast RMX is doing a second run of the digital download. This one doesn't come with the time trial mode though.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Ngl the stickers are really cute

i was gonna say "there is nothing cute about edmund mcmillen's horrible diarrhea nightmare" but then i looked them up and yeah okay those stickers are kinda cute

Cojawfee posted:

Looks like Fast RMX is doing a second run of the digital download. This one doesn't come with the time trial mode though.

wait, what does this mean

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 22, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Cardboard Box posted:

wait, what does this mean

They ran out of digital carts for the first run, so they are making some new ones.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can't wait to see how this run tastes!

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

They ran out of digital carts for the first run, so they are making some new ones.

are you saying they ran out of eshop downloads? i didn't even think that was a thing that could happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cardboard Box posted:

are you saying they ran out of eshop downloads? i didn't even think that was a thing that could happen

:thejoke:

• Locked thread