Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Prism posted:

What's a reverse imperil? Just resistance to that type?

Also, out of sheer interest, what's the symbol for non-elemental? A grey circle?

Yes on both counts. Some magicites give temporary elemental resistance to the party, which is represented by an icon very similar to Imperil. And yes, the Non-Elemental icon is a series of light/dark grey concentric circles (kinda like the Target store logo, but in greyscale instead of red and white).

None of the Non-Elemental icons are actually used by anything in the game, they're just there for in case DeNA ever decides to do anything with it. But it is an actual element, code-wise, and clearly they've at least considered doing things with it as if it were an element.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

KataraniSword posted:

Multi-elemental attacks always take on the properties of whatever element would do the most damage. Since they're weak to Dark, any Dark/Non multi-element hits still bypass the cloning.

Raines BSB RW is basically easy mode for the fight.

I wasn't sure if they took more damage from Dark or just didn't split from it, since the monsters they're based on from FF3 don't take more damage from Dark Knight swords - they just don't split from it. I'm not really good enough to do the FF3 events yet.

Zurai posted:

Yes on both counts. Some magicites give temporary elemental resistance to the party, which is represented by an icon very similar to Imperil. And yes, the Non-Elemental icon is a series of light/dark grey concentric circles (kinda like the Target store logo, but in greyscale instead of red and white).

None of the Non-Elemental icons are actually used by anything in the game, they're just there for in case DeNA ever decides to do anything with it. But it is an actual element, code-wise, and clearly they've at least considered doing things with it as if it were an element.

Cool. Thanks!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
In case people are still considering draws on the XI banner, this might be worth considering: https://www.ffrkcentral.com/relicdraws/women-of-the-world-relic-draw

For current banners, the expected rate is 1% for 6* items and BSBs, and 2% for SSBs. The FFRK Central back-end does actual pulls and compiles the results. Currently based on over 2,700 pulls, the 6* item is ~1.2%, the Gaia Doublet and Monsoon Jinpai SSBs are about 2.45%, and Lion and Shantotto's BSBs are at ~.75%. That's a significant variance based on that many pulls, so it's looking like they might've increased the rate for some of the SSBs (and the CSB, oddly) and decreased the rate for some of the BSBs.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Ok, one more attempt at OK BSB (Or Desch, or Ingus)

Oh, I guess I get a generic FF1 sword instead.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I dont think I've ever seen that ff1 generic. How neat. I guess it was from the 1st banner and I don't remember.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
It's not even listed on the FFRK Strategy site, I only found it on the Final Fantasy Wiki. Um, wow. Apparently it was added with the Mobius Event.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

oh gently caress the hell off with this poo poo

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shock Trooper posted:

oh gently caress the hell off with this poo poo

Welcome to people with Berserker Spheres.

Berserker Spheres are the worst.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I dont think I've ever seen that ff1 generic. How neat. I guess it was from the 1st banner and I don't remember.

Cador_2004 posted:

It's not even listed on the FFRK Strategy site, I only found it on the Final Fantasy Wiki. Um, wow. Apparently it was added with the Mobius Event.

The real kicker is that I actually have two. One now.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
I noticed I could augment something with the five Rosetta Stones I've got. What gains the most benefit from this, weapons? Just put them on the biggest beatstick like Saintly Excalibur or Agrias' Ragnarok? On the caster front Zeromus Shard is getting heavy use. For armors it'd have to be Onion Armor.

I wish I could uncombine the 6* Zeromus Shard. Did not understand the value of +dark damage earlier.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I noticed I could augment something with the five Rosetta Stones I've got. What gains the most benefit from this, weapons? Just put them on the biggest beatstick like Saintly Excalibur or Agrias' Ragnarok? On the caster front Zeromus Shard is getting heavy use. For armors it'd have to be Onion Armor.

I wish I could uncombine the 6* Zeromus Shard. Did not understand the value of +dark damage earlier.

You should basically never use Rosetta stones on armor.

Best use is on weapons with +element that you'd use without synergy. (I.e. +++ reforges or OSB weapons).

So, basically, yeah, Saintly Excalibur and Zeromus Shard.

Also, go all or nothing with your Rosetta stones. Don't spread them around. +20 is a lot more noticeable than +2 on ten weapons.

And finally when addin Rosetta stones, in the UI, do it one at a time. Each time you put a Rosetta Stone on a weapon, there's a very small chance of a 'Major Augment' that adds +2 instead of +1. This roll only happens once even if you try to put on multiple Rosetta's though. So do one at a time.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CaptainPsyko posted:

And finally when addin Rosetta stones, in the UI, do it one at a time. Each time you put a Rosetta Stone on a weapon, there's a very small chance of a 'Major Augment' that adds +2 instead of +1. This roll only happens once even if you try to put on multiple Rosetta's though. So do one at a time.

Alternately, do it all at once because the chance of Major Augment seems to be about as small as the chance of getting a 5* from the daily draw.

It exists, but nobody can be reasonably expected to get it.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I got 2 or 3 major augments when I stoned up my 3 osb swords. Maybe they increased the rate? Or im just obscenely lucky?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This Google account not authorized poo poo is annoying as hell. My maxed stamina :saddowns:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KataraniSword posted:

Alternately, do it all at once because the chance of Major Augment seems to be about as small as the chance of getting a 5* from the daily draw.

It exists, but nobody can be reasonably expected to get it.

That's... not really true? I've gotten about half a dozen major augments to date. They're rare, but it's not 5* on the daily draw rare.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I got 2 or 3 major augments when I stoned up my 3 osb swords. Maybe they increased the rate? Or im just obscenely lucky?

CaptainPsyko posted:

That's... not really true? I've gotten about half a dozen major augments to date. They're rare, but it's not 5* on the daily draw rare.

I think me being absurdly unlucky is the more reasonable explanation; I've gotten zero through about one hundred rosettas.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 22, 2017

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KPC_Mammon posted:

They are actually pretty good if you have multiple +MAG mage buffs and +Elemental gear / RM.

Basically if your mage team is already top tier they end up better than chaingas. If it isn't, they aren't

So they're basically only worth it if you're hitting the damage cap with chaingas? Off to the shatter block I guess.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

victrix posted:

This Google account not authorized poo poo is annoying as hell. My maxed stamina :saddowns:

This...why the hell does this game constantly have problems like this?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Fister Roboto posted:

So they're basically only worth it if you're hitting the damage cap with chaingas? Off to the shatter block I guess.

I mean, I went from a 20% faithga sb to multiple stacking magic buffs in like 2 banners. You never know how fast things will turn around on you.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I put a hone on the 4 star ones...probably wont hone the 5 stars for a while. My main mage who would use them is Terra. I only have Edea's unique sb so I don't really use her. Not really sure if witch spells have a place in my rosters yet.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Randabis posted:

This...why the hell does this game constantly have problems like this?

Because it was optimized for iOS first and then checking for droid compatibility was either an afterthought, or was too complex to iron out as well. The one advantage to iOS having proprietary hardware/software configurations is that there's a lot fewer edge cases where something works in all circumstances but [insert convoluted, untestable scenario here].

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
For all the talk about Rosettas it's good to remember that we will soon be getting six per event. So it's ok to be a little more liberal about where you use them. But yeah OSB weapons(especially with native +element bonus ie Apocalypse) are a great place to put them. Sometimes with those the relic itself is worth more than the OSB attached to it.

But man I can't wait to start augmenting my poo poo more.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

victrix posted:

same

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

CaptainPsyko posted:

You should basically never use Rosetta stones on armor.

Best use is on weapons with +element that you'd use without synergy. (I.e. +++ reforges or OSB weapons).

So, basically, yeah, Saintly Excalibur and Zeromus Shard.

Also, go all or nothing with your Rosetta stones. Don't spread them around. +20 is a lot more noticeable than +2 on ten weapons.

Thanks for the quality info, I made TG sword a bit stronger. Didn't get major augments but it's good to know such a things even exist

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

victrix posted:

Also having this. Is there no solution but to wait it out?

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Roland Jones posted:

Also having this. Is there no solution but to wait it out?

I'm having the same issue.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

victrix posted:

Same. I've tried just about everything but it won't boot.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Putting them on the Saintly Excalibur is never a bad thing. Running around with a full record dive Orlandu that has over 500atk with double holy bonuses (saintly excalibur and white mage robe) is amazing.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The google play authorization error happens all the time and you just have to wait it out, it goes away after awhile. No your account isn't fried. No you didn't get banned.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm crying

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

FYI change the date on your device to tomorrow. It just worked for me.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012

Combo posted:

FYI change the date on your device to tomorrow. It just worked for me.

I second this, changed the date back afterwards and it's still working okay.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

It started working again for me without doing anything around the time of your posts so :confused:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Nihilarian posted:

:siren: HAILSTORM IS CRAFTABLE :siren:

Do we not get a free one this time?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

djfooboo posted:

Do we not get a free one this time?

Won't know for sure until bonus battles hit tomorrow.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I'm honestly guessing it was added accidentally because at this point in Japan, Ayame had her MC3 which has a 25% chance to change Attack into Hailstorm. It probably just snuck in.

The website doesn't mention it, but that's not really saying much considering how inaccurate it can be. It also currently lists details on Ayame's unreleased BSB with a video, for example.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 22, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

pichupal posted:

It also currently lists details on Ayame's unreleased BSB with a video, for example.

The video is hilarious because Ayame gets blinded and whiffs her BSB commands. Its the least effective SB advertisement.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Well decided to try d250 of the X torment, was a pain but championed it. Going to try vii next.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The new 120 stamina XP dungeon is worth roughly 240k each 40 stamina battle. Combined with the 12 growth egg completion bonus that's about 840k per run or about 7000xp per stamina point. Plus whatever eggs the mobs drop.

The magic pots apparently only drop greater eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The new 120 stamina XP dungeon is worth roughly 240k each 40 stamina battle. Combined with the 12 growth egg completion bonus that's about 840k per run or about 7000xp per stamina point. Plus whatever eggs the mobs drop.

The magic pots apparently only drop greater eggs.

Seems really hard to solo it without losing medals for damage taken, unfortunately, so the 90 might still win out unless there are some cool tricks I'm not thinking of. Everything seems to act really quickly and hit pretty hard.

Though instant-speed stuff like Shadow's BSB is probably fast enough to clear 2 of the 3 parts without medal loss, which is actually probably enough to put it over the top when you factor in the clear rewards. Kinda surprised the pots only drop greater eggs, though. They're rare enough that letting them drop major eggs wouldn't have really been a big deal.

• Locked thread