Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

SlipkPIe posted:

That bit was formative when you were a teenager in the midwest back during the Bush years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Bb-pZTcmQ

That album was probably some of his best work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
big surprise, lol:
https://www.recode.net/2017/4/21/15386508/government-watchdog-investigating-trump-attempt-twitter-critic-lawsuit

quote:

A federal watchdog is investigating whether the Trump administration abused its legal powers when it sought to force Twitter to unmask an anonymous so-called “alt agency” account that has been tweeting criticism of the president.

In March, officials at the Department of Homeland Security tried to tap customs laws in an attempt to figure out the identify of @ALT_USCIS, which claimed to be comprised of disaffected employees at the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. In response, Twitter sued the Trump administration, claiming it was trying to stifle free speech — and federal officials quietly withdrew their request.

i wish i had followed through on posting a Let's Tweet Trump thread because he obvs reads them and is a thin skinned bitch so it would be hilarious to watch him melt down but im lazy

haljordan posted:

I laughed when David Cross, who was in TWO Alvin & the Chipmunk films, said he doesn't "go to lovely movies".

i guess he's learned from experience.

either way he is redeemed always because he is:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

This is art.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

turn off the TV posted:

Wait how the gently caress did this thread miss THIS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/855517053238870019

lmfao

Jesus loving christ thats a big loving LMFAOROTFL

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You either lol, or you don't lol, there's no midlol ground

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thank you for your service o7

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

KrolleBolle posted:

LOL

That wasn't patriotic enough for me, so I made this. I hope tromp likes it

https://vimeo.com/214285676

lol

Slowpoke
Jul 7, 2007

Also, someone drew a sweet Slowpoke that I wanted to buy for an av but lost the image. I think the thread was people drawing Pokemon? I guess? I don't know. If someone could help find it I would love to buy it. Thanks.

du -hast posted:

This is art.

lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

ahhhhhh (dats me scream-laughin)

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

loving lol that every international politician acts as his Social Studies teacher

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

extra lol because it's literally impossible to make a trade deal with Germany. It doesn't have a separate market from the EU.

It's like you can't have a trade deal between New York and Vietnam. If you were to import something into New York tariff-free, nobody could legally stop you from taking it to New Mexico and sell it there tariff-free too.

The fact that the president of the US doesn't understand such a simple concept is terrifying and everyone should be afraid and constantly screaming in horror. :eng101:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

haljordan posted:

I laughed when David Cross, who was in TWO Alvin & the Chipmunk films, said he doesn't "go to lovely movies".

He was in three

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

extra lol because it's literally impossible to make a trade deal with Germany. It doesn't have a separate market from the EU.

It's like you can't have a trade deal between New York and Vietnam. If you were to import something into New York tariff-free, nobody could legally stop you from taking it to New Mexico and sell it there tariff-free too.

The fact that the president of the US doesn't understand such a simple concept is terrifying and everyone should be afraid and constantly screaming in horror. :eng101:

Seems like something a businessman should understand too?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Shadow0 posted:

Unimportant Obama appointee replaced with unimportant Trump I would nominate someone for this position, and let me tell you it will be a great person, I know the best people, and I would nominate someone, the best one, but Obama and the Democrats are working against me even though I haven't even made a suggestion yet, but let me tell you, they are the best and also my friend.

This made me lol. GOOD!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Jazzyblues_Chi/status/855583592562425859

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Aww yissss

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

it's extra funny that he keeps saying "deals" in this context, as though he's the one that found some brilliant tactic that nobody else could have seen. he thinks he can just waltz in and "negotiate" a better term for the U.S as though anybody is just going to go "Hmm yes we'll act in the USAs interests more, and in our own less."

i would pay money to hear recordings of when Donny finally does try to use his negotiation "skills" to further our interests though. there is no way it would be anything less than hilarious.

"YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO REMOVE TARIFFS ON ALL U.S CARS."
"No, we're actually thinking about raising the tariffs on them because of your current administrations stance on climate change. In fact we're considering subsidizing some of the more fuel efficient cars in order to make our vehicles even more competitively priced in America."
".... YOU ARE GOING TO REMOVE TARIFFS ON ALL U.S CARS."
"No we aren't."

Tumble fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 22, 2017

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Donald Trump will lead us all to our better lives in the sky completely by accident

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Went to an art gallery last night and saw a Trumpinata

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Tumble posted:

it's extra funny that he keeps saying "deals" in this context, as though he's the one that found some brilliant tactic that nobody else could have seen. he thinks he can just waltz in and "negotiate" a better term for the U.S as though anybody is just going to go "Hmm yes we'll act in the USAs interests more, and in our own less."

i would pay money to hear recordings of when Donny finally does try to use his negotiation "skills" to further our interests though. there is no way it would be anything less than hilarious.

"No, we're actually thinking about raising the tariffs on them because of your current administrations stance on climate change. In fact we're considering subsidizing some of the more fuel efficient cars in order to make our vehicles even more competitively priced in America."
"No we aren't."

Figure Out This One Weird Trick to International Trade! Economists Hate It!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
fox news lays down some smack,

Trump lawyer told Carter Page to 'cease' calling self adviser, as Russia concerns intensified

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/22/trump-lawyer-told-carter-page-to-cease-calling-self-adviser-as-russia-concerns-intensified.html

it's opposite day today I guess.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ahahahaha, this information is coming from the reputable Times. There is a VERY good chance that this actually, really, totally happened

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-europe-idUSKBN17O07Z

No wonder Merkel was grinning after their meeting and he was pouting like a little boy. She spend multiple weeks preparing for the meeting and even read all his retarded idiot books to better understand him. And then the only thing his brilliant "deal skills" amounted to was "Please do this thing. No? Ok, you won."

Didn't some German source say that his level of preparedness for the meeting was on the level of a 4th grader or something? That's the art of the loving deal.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Just wanted to bring this beautiful quote to this page and also add

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Tumble posted:

"No we aren't."

I liked when he busted out his stupendous deal making skills with the doomed health care bill. And by "deal making skills" I mean "offer any ridiculous concession you can think of while asking the other side to give up nothing."

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Geoff Zahn posted:

Went to an art gallery last night and saw a Trumpinata

I bet it's full of piss and vinegar!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Watch it, that's the President of the United States you're talking about! :mad:

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

Watch it, that's the President of the United States you're talking about! :mad:

lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Smirr posted:

Just wanted to bring this beautiful quote to this page and also add

I'm actually not sure if this is really Trump. There isn't a very, big league, great, huge, believe me or even a many.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
Bill Nye and scientists are in washington railing against the trump admin. being a dilo and cutting science budget

when Bill nye the science guy is on your doorstep with a gang of nerds shouting at how your ideas are bad. you is a bitch lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x507ZlDoc-Y
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/save-the-world-watch-bill-nyes-barn-burner-speech-in-pouring-rain-at-dc-march-for-science-rally/

quote:

Popular science explainer Bill Nye wowed the crowd standing in the pouring rain at a Washington DC rally preceding the March for Science on the White House.

“We are marching today to remind people everywhere, our lawmakers especially, of the significance of science for our health and our prosperity,” he exhorted the crowd before listing off accomplishments directly to tied to scientific inquiry.

“Show the world that science is for all. Our lawmakers must know and accept that science serves every one of us,” he exclaimed before shouting out, “Save the world!”

Drunk & Ugly fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 22, 2017

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Bill Nye and scientists are in washington railing against the trump admin. being a dilo and cutting science budget

when Bill nye the science guy is on your doorstep with a gang of nerds shouting at how your ideas are bad. you is a bitch lol

Mr. President, there's a growing crises in science as funding cuts for projects that don't produce sensational results are resulting in incredible numbers of false positives and unreliable results. What should we do?

Cut funding more? Good plan. Art of the deal.

Mickey Mental
May 18, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Nah this song is old AF. But it's still ridiculous.

I'm proud to be an American...
Where at least I know I'm free...
How do know I'm free?
Well America told me
I am a free man!
But not like Morgan Freeman!
I won't die like Freddie Gray...
God Bless the USA!

Mickey Mental fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 22, 2017

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

du -hast posted:

This is art.

I suppose the reason Reublicans want to defund art programs is because they don't want competition from amateurs.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/sarahnferris/status/855497861655605253

Oh my God they're really doing it lol

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

They're not going to get very much wall for one dollar...

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Minimalist Program posted:

They're not going to get very much wall for one dollar...

At the rates Trump pays contractors?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

ART OF THE DEAL

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
*In Trumpy voice* Give me a dolalr and I will give you a dollar.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I'd like to think the Dems will tell Trump to go gently caress himself but ugh they are garbage at everything political

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

haljordan posted:

Who says he's watched them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
probably david cross got paid a lot of money for the chipmunk movies and that's why he did them.