Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I made a thread for KADO since it would be nice to see people talk about it more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818029

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I'm assuming WorldEnd is based on the LN or game because of course it is, could one of you who's played it tell me if the, uh, Leprechauns are actually sort-of named after Lovecraft mythos deities, or is this Gundam-style "throw lawn darts at the hiragana chart" naming?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I cured my insomnia last night with the first ~15 minutes or so of Hinako Note ep 2. It's an incredibly powerful show.

I like it but yeah the first half of episode 2 was not a valuable use of my time.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Rangpur posted:

I'm assuming WorldEnd is based on the LN or game because of course it is, could one of you who's played it tell me if the, uh, Leprechauns are actually sort-of named after Lovecraft mythos deities, or is this Gundam-style "throw lawn darts at the hiragana chart" naming?

LN, and neither, they're really based on the Irish fairies. The idea is that those big swords can only be used by humans, who are now all extinct. Leprechauns are able to "use human tools", which is good enough for those swords.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 22, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's the slowest SoL I think I've ever seen. Hinako moves so slowly and her animation is methodical and smooth. It's very soothing, but it's pretty weak on the SoL scale.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

bahamut just had the best reveal ever about a character's real identity rocky is kaisar's old reanimated hand

I mean I thought that was pretty clear when I first saw it. I wonder if anyone kept Favaro's leg

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Can Anime sit down and make up it's collective mind whether seeing a naked woman makes your a pervert, or not caring means your dick doesn't work thanks or something, I feel like I've seen every permutation of this trope.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Art imitates life

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I actually hadn't gotten this far in the Eromanga-sensei manga but episode 3 things actually get interesting in showcasing the difference between Elf's George RR Martin approach to writing (I write when I feel like writing gently caress you) and Masamune's Harry Turtledove approach (I have five daughters to get through college I need the money).

I like how relatable it is, Elf is horrified at the thought of working as hard as Masamune does but at the sametime seems to respect him for it, while Masamune is probably a workaholic who equally can't imagine constantly writing and feels pressured but also respects the basic premise that other authors have life styles that work for them.

I am probably overthinking this, also Sagiri's silent headbanging was fun.

In my mind if the show keeps a solid effort at maintaining the act of writing as its focus I'll keep up with it.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Demicol posted:

I made a thread for KADO since it would be nice to see people talk about it more: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818029

quote:

:siren: KADO: The Right Answer (Seikaisuru Kado)
Toei Animation | Murata, Kazuya | Nozaki, Mado | Sci-Fi | Original | Apr 7, 2017
Kojirou Shindou. Cabinet Office Director-General for Policy Planning, is at Haneda Airport for a business trip. While the plane is on the runway, a giant structure suddenly appears out of thin air. The plane carrying Shindou and 251 passengers is taken undamaged inside the giant structure. After everyone disembarks, a man who looks like an ordinary human being shows up. He assures those from the plane that they're not in any danger. Shindou asks him to identify himself and explain the situation. Then the outside of the structure is displayed on a large screen, and at the same time, every passenger's cell phone starts ringing all at once. On each cell phone screen is a message from this man, to every one of Japan's citizens: "I, Yaha-kui zaShunina, hereby notify you that I am going to intervene in Japan's internal affairs." What is this young man's goal? And will Shindou manage to become an intermediary between Japan and the Anisotorons...?
Thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Can Anime sit down and make up it's collective mind whether seeing a naked woman makes your a pervert, or not caring means your dick doesn't work thanks or something, I feel like I've seen every permutation of this trope.
i think anime is made by a variety of human beings, which is why that trope is done in a variety of ways.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I cured my insomnia last night with the first ~15 minutes or so of Hinako Note ep 2. It's an incredibly powerful show.

Yeah it owns

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm a pervert and my dick doesn't work

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I'm a pervert and my dick doesn't work
ive been trying to get my dick to work for 29 years but for some reason it doesn't???

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

ive been trying to get my dick to work for 29 years but for some reason it doesn't???

Old!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Endorph posted:

Looking forward to the Anime adaptation of this LN

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Raenir Salazar posted:

I actually hadn't gotten this far in the Eromanga-sensei manga but episode 3 things actually get interesting in showcasing the difference between Elf's George RR Martin approach to writing (I write when I feel like writing gently caress you) and Masamune's Harry Turtledove approach (I have five daughters to get through college I need the money).

I like how relatable it is, Elf is horrified at the thought of working as hard as Masamune does but at the sametime seems to respect him for it, while Masamune is probably a workaholic who equally can't imagine constantly writing and feels pressured but also respects the basic premise that other authors have life styles that work for them.

I am probably overthinking this, also Sagiri's silent headbanging was fun.

In my mind if the show keeps a solid effort at maintaining the act of writing as its focus I'll keep up with it.

The manga does have a focus on that but it plays tandem with fanservice focus too so

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The collective creative oversource anime

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The Royal Tutor is probably my favourite show this season. It's not the best, but the cast are a lot of fun and the VA for the main character is brilliant. First credit as a VA as well according to MAL. Also the OP has a very catchy start.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

be kind to prinnies, dood

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Top 10 anime plot twists this episode of tsuki ga kirei

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Cake Attack posted:

This show I remember having a very generic sounding premise, how good is it?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Raenir Salazar posted:

Very, very well done.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Raenir Salazar posted:

Very low-key & naturalistic. If they manage to actually follow through with the promise of the latest ep, I'm looking forward to how they handle the rougher stuff.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cake Attack posted:

Are you talking about episode 4, because I was really confused when nothing happened at the end of 3.

I was kind of expecting one of them to turn into a werewolf and maul the other one in the midst of their romantic reminscing over the moon.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 23, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Danmachi 2 seems to be pretty much danmachi 1, if Bell was a gay elf mage.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
It's a Railgun-esque deal where we get to see both Ais's thoughts and her cool side, and we get a more balanced cast rather than everyone circling the harem protag. Kind of neat to see more of this. But you know... I'll still accept Railgun S3, if you're listening, JC Staff and Dengeki.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Correction: the gayest elf.

Best danmachi is still Eina, though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There Bias Two posted:

Are you talking about episode 4, because I was really confused when nothing happened at the end of 3.

I was kind of expecting one of them to turn into a werewolf and maul the other one in the midst of their romantic reminscing over the moon.

The twist is the guy confessing in the third episode instead of not at all ever.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The twist is the guy confessing in the third episode instead of not at all ever.

It's also some funny word play. He says tsuki, moon, trailing off, and she unknowingly completes the famous translation, "yep the moon is beautiful." The real funny part is how he then changes his tsuki into tsukiatte, meaning "let's go out", completing the confession!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh. I still like mine better. :colbert:

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

nielsm posted:

It's also some funny word play. He says tsuki, moon, trailing off, and she unknowingly completes the famous translation, "yep the moon is beautiful." The real funny part is how he then changes his tsuki into tsukiatte, meaning "let's go out", completing the confession!

That's super cute. Thanks for the translation details there!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Totally stolen from the ending of Planetes, though.

Anyway I made the Bahamut 2 thread. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818107

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

The manga does have a focus on that but it plays tandem with fanservice focus too so

Strange that other part hasn't shown up in this adaptation.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQN2WC_Acpg

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More like No Game No Life 0/10.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

I spent half the episode dreading something bad until I could no longer bear it and had to come back here and check the spoilers. :argh:

Anyway, Tsuki ga Kirei is insanely good, and I'm glad. It deserves :siren:s in the OP.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
New Natsume has been extremely good so far :unsmith: people should watch it

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Man, after everything said about Hinako Note I was hoping it was going to be like Sketchbook and well, it's definitely not that. Seems fine though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Lemon-Lime posted:

I spent half the episode dreading something bad until I could no longer bear it and had to come back here and check the spoilers. :argh:

Anyway, Tsuki ga Kirei is insanely good, and I'm glad. It deserves :siren:s in the OP.

My mind went everywhere from "she's transgendered" or "there's going to be a heart attack during the race."

• Locked thread