Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAl5b4C_jJ8

holy poo poo this song owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's not bad.
A nice "gently caress GRIFFITH" anthem.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This weeks episode wasn't so bad again to be fair.
Chiwa Saito is great so having her as Schierke is fantastic. This entire arc is really good so even when it's being delivered via Berserk 2017, it's still pretty good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
it's been so long since I read this part I completely forgot Serpico and Farnese were half-siblings.

Also, since when did Guts have pointy ears? Somehow I didn't notice until this episode.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 21, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Since day 1.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Maybe he's really some kind of dog.

(Also there's lots of awesome little things in the manga that are better targets of your attention than ears.)

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Why do we still watch this?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I personally watch this to validate my alcoholism.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I haven't watched any of the new season actually. Didn't even realize it had started until last week.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love it.

I love watching it.

I. Hear. A. Sound.

:shepface:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The fight between Guts and Zodd on the Hill of Swords is legitimately better on mute haha

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Now that we're at the Millenium Falcon arc the PS2 game is a legitimately better way to experience this part of the story if you don't want to re-read the manga.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gildiss posted:

I don't

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gildiss posted:

I am genuinely curious what software they're using to produce this, because parts of it look on par with early RWBY seasons (back when it was being made using Poser), and not in a good way. The rigging just looks awful for professionally produced CGI in the year 2017.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

put a motion capture ball on a sock puppet

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

It's possibly it's a software thing but equally possible that the artist making the mouths doesn't have a good command of blenshapes, or didn't provide sub-controls to tweak the corners of the mouth to avoid that weird boxy shape, or that the animators didn't have time to tweak the mouths.

The way CG rigs are set up can have a huge effect on the quality of productions. And then how those rigs are translated into easily useable tools for the animators. If any part of the pipeline is deficient, it can lead to really strange issues.

The people handling the shading and look-dev on this shows are doing a good job though. The eyes and the cross-hatching and the shadow shapes are very good. When the characters aren't moving they can almost be mistaken for drawings.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

Big news today, looks like Miura's finally succumbing to idol master addiction arthritis and has decided to compromise.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-04-24/retailers-list-berserk-novel-by-anime-scriptwriter-makoto-fukami/.115211

So I guess we're geting a Miura co-authored light novel to flesh out Grunbeld's backstory?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like Miura's doing the basic plot outline while Fukami is doing the actual writing.

Fukami's works include both seasons of the new Berserk anime, Psycho-Pass, and Resident Evil: Vendetta.

=\

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Which season of psycho pass

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The first one, but he was cowriting with Urobuchi.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Gildiss posted:

We're desensitized so much that the gif you posted is loving high art compared to what we withstood in season 1.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Vedius Pollio posted:

Big news today, looks like Miura's finally succumbing to idol master addiction arthritis and has decided to compromise.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2017-04-24/retailers-list-berserk-novel-by-anime-scriptwriter-makoto-fukami/.115211

So I guess we're geting a Miura co-authored light novel to flesh out Grunbeld's backstory?

I wonder if we'll end up getting one for all the Neo-Hawks as a way of fleshing them out without dragging things out when Guts/Rickert/whoever finally gets around to fighting them.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll be the first to say I really do not care about all the weirdos who join griffith in his insane post-eclipse god king romp.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I want some of Locus, guy seems neat.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

mabels big day posted:

I'll be the first to say I really do not care about all the weirdos who join griffith in his insane post-eclipse god king romp.

the centaur guy, dragon knight, and ninja dude all seem pretty cool to me, would be interesting to see apostles who aren't blatantly sadistic and evil

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All I'm saying is I'd like to see Guts kill Griffith within my lifetime.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're all cool, but Grunbeld is definitely the least cool of them.

Irvine is the best one.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Zodd is one of those though?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
only mildly disappointed berserk wont be as thorough as i initially supposed

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Last Celebration posted:

Zodd is one of those though?

Zodd's been eyeing Griffith since long before that.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The horrible thing is, this season of the cganime does actually look better than the first (I finally watched the latest episodes).

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

mabels big day posted:

All I'm saying is I'd like to see Guts Rickert kill Griffith within my lifetime.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
... Guts Rickert Casca...

Also shouldn't there be spoilers by now, or is the 4/28 just gonna appear? :comeback:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darko posted:

The horrible thing is, this season of the cganime does actually look better than the first (I finally watched the latest episodes).

It's true.

It's gone from disaster to just bad

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mabels big day posted:

:same:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I like the new Band of the Hawk insofar as they supplement Griffith's character, but I can't say I care too much about them as individuals beyond a lingering interest in whatever events lead them to becoming apostiles in the first place.

Miura told us everything we needed to know about Wyald's former life in a single panel. Even Ganishka only got a chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There are partial spoilers here

http://imgur.com/a/bBfbR

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You know, I hadn't really thought about it before, but those cloakbats probably represent Femto.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Will the berserker armor be in this season, or is it all another tease?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He'll put it on this coming episode or the one after.