Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mu Zeta posted:

Agreed Mcdonald's is great if you need 7,000 calories a day because you're an elite athlete.

Everyone loves to emulate top athletes, the campaign would be really successful.

If you're an active person a McDonalds after a workout/performance is genuinely good and healthy for you, and preferable to most "healthy" foods at those times. Even a Coke is good for you when the body is ready for an insulin surge to snap it into recovery mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My favorite part of Supersize Me was how he threw up on the first day after eating one burger and fries. Something is wrong with you if you can't eat one burger.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember McDonald's (at in least in the UK) had that "It's what I eat, it's what I do" ad campaign for a while a few years ago which focused on athletes and being active.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Das Boo posted:

Occasionally I'll get a bum salad

Tossed?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The boondock saints is insipid

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
McDonalds is fine. I don't eat there but it's not fair to poo poo on people for eating there. Life is hard and you can't loving smoke anywhere any more. Let people with no hope eat garbage in peace.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

:wink:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Pick posted:

McDonalds is fine. I don't eat there but it's not fair to poo poo on people for eating there. Life is hard and you can't loving smoke anywhere any more. Let people with no hope eat garbage in peace.

What a horribly defeatist attitude.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Pick posted:

you can't loving smoke anywhere any more.

Good.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I still see smokers stinking up the sidewalks right outside restaurants and I wish they would all die.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Walking by someone smoking outside a building is not a big deal.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's about the same as walking by someone who shat themselves and just let it sit.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Garrand posted:

It's about the same as walking by someone who shat themselves and just let it sit.

Maybe if you really hate the smell that much. That's still not a big deal.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

McDonalds isn't good but I like it once in a while. It's tasted the same my whole life so I guess it's comfort food. Their fries are good. If I eat it more than once in a month I won't want to eat it again for a long time.

Wendy's is the only one of the big three fast food burger places that actually has decent food. Burger King is worse than McDonalds.

Things burger King does well: that long chicken sandwich thing, whoppers, they have coupons that don't actually suck and I think they have the best basic double cheeseburger of the 3. That's about it but I've pretty much never tried any of their gimmick stuff like the... I don't even remember, Mac and cheese stuffed cheetos or something? They mostly look like things that would be parodies of fast food in a GTA game

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Sucks that your sense of smell is so damaged.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mu Zeta posted:

My favorite part of Supersize Me was how he threw up on the first day after eating one burger and fries. Something is wrong with you if you can't eat one burger.

To be fair, it was a double quarter pounder with cheese, their largest burger, and he was a thin guy used to an extremely healthy diet.

That's gonna shock the system.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'mma go further in that while I don't smoke, cigarette smoke smells good. I enjoy walking past people smoking outside.

Those poor, poor, nicotine slaves.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

doverhog posted:

I saw Super Size Me but don't remember it much, did he just consume a shitton of calories while not using them for anything? That is bad for you whether it's MC Donald or any other type of food.

Yup, and there's a reply documentary, Fat Head, that demonstrates that if you stay within daily recommended caloric limits and do regular exercise, it's no more unhealthy than any other food, and he ends up actually losing 12lbs.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Yup, and there's a reply documentary, Fat Head, that demonstrates that if you stay within daily recommended caloric limits and do regular exercise, it's no more unhealthy than any other food, and he ends up actually losing 12lbs.

I think it's still a valid criticism if three meals at Mcdonalds is well above an adult man's daily caloric needs

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If you don't vaccinate your child, and your child dies of a preventable diseases or gives it to someone else, then you absolutely are responsible for those deaths and should be held accountable.

At this point the scientific consensus is so loving clear that ignorance is no excuse.

And while I am sad for your child and think it's a drat tragedy, I don't have a lot of sympathy for you and how you deal with your guilt is not my problem.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Aren't the politicians who neglected to make vaccinations mandatory the ones really to blame?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

doverhog posted:

Aren't the politicians who neglected to make vaccinations mandatory the ones really to blame?

Them and the Andrew Wakefields who peddle this poo poo. If you want to go after them instead I'm game for that.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

doverhog posted:

All resistance to authority is a failure of that authority to properly assimilate the resistor into the fold.

So yes.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Smoking should be illegal within 50 feet of a building.

200 feet if it's below 0.

Also no vaccinating your kids should be met with execution.

Same for people that circumcise their children

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Also it should be illegal to be born between 1946 and 1965.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm asthmatic, but I kinda feel sorry for smokers. Most of the time they're keeping to themselves and I've seen people go out of their way to snap at/lecture them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Just do what I do, live a horrible unhealthy lifestyle that makes you feel bad all the time, so you can't differentiate what foods make you sick. You can eat whatever you want! #lifehack
Or just have a normal, functional digestive system that doesn't go into some sort of catastrophic failure when you eat ordinary food. :shrug:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Tiggum posted:

Or just have a normal, functional digestive system that doesn't go into some sort of catastrophic failure when you eat ordinary food. :shrug:

Paging MisterBibs

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think it's still a valid criticism if three meals at Mcdonalds is well above an adult man's daily caloric needs

Three square meals a day is too many I don't know how people do it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Aramek posted:

I'mma go further in that while I don't smoke, cigarette smoke smells good. I enjoy walking past people smoking outside.
I don't smoke either and I'm completely indifferent to cig smoke. As long as they don't literally blow it in my face I don't care if someone smokes nearby.

People who express a holier than thou attitude towards smokers are more annoying than the smokers themselves.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

doverhog posted:

What a horribly defeatist attitude.

Don't fight the entropy. You are just making it win faster.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Kill all non smokers, but unironically.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

hard counter posted:

i don't think an idea this radical for reducing corruption would ultimately produce a better system tbh, largely because these days government systems are so complex that they require significant expertise to successfully navigate

Even though I really don't like admitting this, I feel like one of the virtually unavoidable problems with government and other powerful institutions (like financial institutions, etc) is that anyone who gains the expertise necessary to navigate said systems will also almost always gain bias in favor of the interests of the industry/government in question (which also usually coincide with the interests of the upper/upper-middle class). If someone is very knowledgeable about finance, they are likely to have a significant portion of their social life consist of other people of similar status and profession (not to mention the fact that most people with those skills/experience can easily thrive in our current system). But at the same time that knowledge is pretty much necessary and it would be a bad idea to have some random person run a bank.

Fortunately there are a non-zero number of people who gain this kind of expertise and also realize the problems inherent to the industry/organization in question, but I think those people will always be a tiny minority.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Anyone who hears "World War 2" or "Syria" or something and feels the need to start yelling about how evil the US/UK/etc is is a drooling idiot. There are no good guys in wars but there are worse guys, and sitting around shrugging at mass murderers is criminal.

Also Russia manages to kill 4-5x as many civilians per syrian bombing as the US per SORH. Al-Assad manages to outdo Bush even during the height of the Iraq war and Gitmo according to most fatality and torture estimates. Again, no good guys but many worse guys, idiots.

Some douchebag posted a meme comparing Waco to Al-Assad today on facebook, with Assad coming off as the good guy. Never mind that Assad has, per capita, managed about 19 Wacos/day since the war that he started began.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 21:26 on Apr 22, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Anyone who hears "World War 2" or "Syria" or something and feels the need to start yelling about how evil the US/UK/etc is is a drooling idiot. There are no good guys in wars but there are worse guys, and sitting around shrugging at mass murderers is criminal.

Also Russia manages to kill 4-5x as many civilians per syrian bombing as the US per SORH. Al-Assad manages to outdo Bush even during the height of the Iraq war and Gitmo according to most fatality and torture estimates. Again, no good guys but many worse guys, idiots.

Some douchebag posted a meme comparing Waco to Al-Assad today on facebook, with Assad coming off as the good guy. Never mind that Assad has, per capita, managed about 19 Wacos/day since the war that he started began.

So basically what you are saying is the US was the best out of those groups? Agreed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

People who grow up in deep car-centric suburbia or anywhere you are totally dependant on your parents for transportation until you hit 16 come out socially stunted and weird like an indoor cat. Generally helpless after 16+ years of their parents having to arrange their entire lives and ferry them everywhere and unable to handle people or ideas outside of what ever narrow little class/race segregated suburbia they grew up in. You can gently caress a kid up just as bad even if you live somewhere "walkable" but you're a paranoid helicopter parent.

Many can become fully functional well adjusted humans after university or just being exposed to the real world, but a lot get stuck in a state of arrested development from their helpless suburban upbringing.

I kind of noticed this first hand after growing up in TN and moving to NYC to go to college. It took me a full year to get to the point where I could do stuff as basic as navigate through the city using the subway (though admittedly this was partly due to me not forcing myself to try for a long time). A bunch of people I knew who came from less urban areas ended up dropping out. I had this one roommate freshman year who literally went insane and starting photo-shopping bomb explosions over an image of Washington Square Park...in retrospect I probably should have reported that. He ended up transferring to a more "normal" campus college and quickly recovered in the more comfortable environment.

edit: All this being said, it kind of goes both ways in a sense; a lot of the kids I knew who grew up in NYC were very ignorant about what the rest of the country was like and seemed to view stuff like "having a driver license as a teenager" as this crazy unusual thing.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Collateral Damage posted:

I don't smoke either and I'm completely indifferent to cig smoke. As long as they don't literally blow it in my face I don't care if someone smokes nearby.

People who express a holier than thou attitude towards smokers are more annoying than the smokers themselves.

Non smokers are literally better than smokers, baseline. gently caress cancer sticks and spreading it to others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Smoking is cool though. Makes you look more distinguished. Like a salt and pepper haired man sitting in a leather wing back chair reading The Wallstreet Journal and smoking a Benson & Hedges Gold. Pure class.