Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Earth day, let's make a big brake fluid mess on my driveway doing front calipers on my Accord, weeeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my earthday so far has been me sleeping until 1500 then playing some PUBG on a 700W computer that i finished building yesterday

:getin:

(if anyone wants 2 play with me join https://discord.gg/sNGYd and add Tusen Takk on steam)

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PaintVagrant posted:

Earth day, let's make a big brake fluid mess on my driveway doing front calipers on my Accord, weeeeeee

lol I did the same changing the oil in my mower. never bothering to do that again, what a frigging mess.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

opengl128 posted:

lol I did the same changing the oil in my mower. never bothering to do that again, what a frigging mess.

Was it a Honda with no drain plug, where you have to tip the whole mower on its side and drain it out of the fill tube? If so, I feel you.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Seminal Flu posted:

Was it a Honda with no drain plug, where you have to tip the whole mower on its side and drain it out of the fill tube? If so, I feel you.

Not a Honda, but yeah, same deal. It basically dribbles down the side of the engine and deck and goes everywhere except the drain pan. Horrible

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
That's what vacuum oil extractors are for.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
To be fair I don't think I've ever seen a non-I/C mower with an oil drain plug.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Geoj posted:

To be fair I don't think I've ever seen a non-I/C mower with an oil drain plug.

I think every Briggs & Stratton motor I ever had had a drain plug.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
I actually just changed the oil on my father's Toro super recycler with a B&S engine. No drain plug.

I mean, it's hard enough to get your average consumer to regularly change the oil in their car and I would assume such people aren't even aware their mower has oil to change. For all intents the oil in a small engine is a lifetime fluid.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Geoj posted:

I actually just changed the oil on my father's Toro super recycler with a B&S engine. No drain plug.

I mean, it's hard enough to get your average consumer to regularly change the oil in their car and I would assume such people aren't even aware their mower has oil to change. For all intents the oil in a small engine is a lifetime fluid.

It probably comes down to when the motor was made. I haven't had a Briggs motor made after the early '90s. But yeah, I remember their drains because they used square plugs.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My Toro has a drain plug, but I'm letting it die so I can get an electric mower :getin:

So I found out how a "friend" of mine really feels about me after some good natured ribbing turned into brutal personal attacks.....Like what the gently caress are you serious? It hurts, but at the same time at least I know where I stand with this person now, Jesus.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My Toro has a drain plug, but I'm letting it die so I can get an electric mower :getin:

So I found out how a "friend" of mine really feels about me after some good natured ribbing turned into brutal personal attacks.....Like what the gently caress are you serious? It hurts, but at the same time at least I know where I stand with this person now, Jesus.

It's okay, leica, we still like you. Anything we have to say about you, it's done directly without delay. No need to worry about stifled aggressions. :D

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol yeah right. Apparently I'm less of a man because my wife makes more money than me and I don't work 80 hours a week? And oh yeah, I clean my house and make sandwiches for my son, I'm a total pussy :v:

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Lol yeah right. Apparently I'm less of a man because my wife makes more money than me and I don't work 80 hours a week? And oh yeah, I clean my house and make sandwiches for my son, I'm a total pussy :v:

poo poo son. My wife makes like 20k more than I do and it's great!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Earth day, let's make a Rubens' Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWuvzEMDqT0

Rhyno posted:

There's a huge nerd fest this weekend so we're doing that tomorrow. Tonight we went and saw a buddy and he comped our dinner at Tavern on Rush. Like $200 worth of food and drinks.

Then Sunday I'm going to attempt to bear trap the lady with this round metallic thing.

drat dude, break a leg.

e. Wifechat:
If all goes according to plan, in about 7 years, my wife is going to outearn me by $200k. I cannot wait.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 22, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'd be over the loving moon if my wife earned more than me. Well, you know what sort of person you're dealing with at least.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

beep-beep car is go posted:

I know right! I supported my family for six years while the wife was a stay at home mom, working 60 hour weeks. It's nice to have some breathing room financially for once.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

My wife earns about half my regular salary, but she's earning raises faster than I ever will, and becoming ever more integral to the small business she has been with since their beginning. Started out as a tech, and is now practice manager.

Her boss just instituted a monthly bonus tied to their profits...If she hits a certain % of net profit, she earns 3% of gross! Her first bonus was $850, I mean goddamn!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

beep-beep car is go posted:

poo poo son. My wife makes like 60k more than I do and it's great!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My wife used to make 50k more than I did but then I graduated and now we make the same

Granted when I get my raise or switch jobs I'll be making about 20k more than her and she wants to go to part time but still

I told her she can go part time as soon as I'm making enough to keep us at our current income when she drops off if she wants to live the lifestyle she currently lives and she's happy with that so I'm happy too haha

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

gently caress em! dudes jealous he doesnt have such a sweet gig.

My spouse is the bread winner right now. it's a non issue. I ensure the place is tidy and we don't run out of poo poo.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My wife hasn't had an income since our first kid. She wants to enter the workforce again eventually but we both wanted her to be a stay at home mom.

Never eating out for lunch and packing left overs; good with money and good with my waistline.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

My missus earns a fair bit more than me as an optom compared to an engineer but our finances are shared so it doesn't matter who earns most

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

freelop posted:

our finances are shared so it doesn't matter who earns most

Yup. We've got an equal division of work and responsibilities. It is a lot different than stereotypical gender norms, but who cares, it works for us.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

freelop posted:

our finances are shared so it doesn't matter who earns most

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

millennials not accepting traditional genderroles and making boomers mad is my favourite thing

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

And oh yeah, I clean my house and make sandwiches for my son, I'm a total pussy :v:

You're a good dad and a good husband. Who cares what some two-faced, jealous loser thinks?

Only the opinion of Mrs Leica and Leica Jr. matter.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm trying to think of when I've encountered anyone having an active opinion that "the husband should earn more", as opposed to just assuming it to be the norm without really being bothered whether it is or not. Maybe once or twice? And only from older women.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Sitting over here with my stay at home wife and I'm just happy she made $400 making cookies for a local sorority (she bakes as a hobby)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My hopefully future wife makes double what I make if you count the rent concession.

That probably won't change and I give no fucks about it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

If I could find a woman who didn't repulse me, and would put up with me long enough to marry, who also made significantly more money than I do (or hell, even close to as much as I do), I'd be happy as hell!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Reiterating because why not, but gently caress it, if you can be a stay-at-home dad, be a stay at home dad. Or however close you can get to it. Presumably you didn't have a kid for the express purpose of shipping them off to boarding school to become a lacrosse phenomenon.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
My girlfriend makes almost 5 times what I make, and it's been like this pretty much our whole relationship cause she keeps getting promoted every year and I've been in retail while in school.

It's never been a big deal because we discussed it early on in our relationship and came to an agreement on how much we would each contribute to our shares expenses. It has benefited me greatly cause I get to live in places I wouldn't be able to afford on my own and she pays for our date nights a lot of the times and I love her. No ones ever given me poo poo for it, usually when people find out they just want to know what she does and say I'm lucky.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
poo poo you fuckers make a lot of money :(:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

QuarkMartial posted:

poo poo you fuckers make a lot of money :(:
Seriously. Just the differences in salary that you guys are mentioning are more than what I even make.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Whatever happened to Used Sunlight Sales? Dude owned a bunch of land in the midwest (I want to say KS or OK?) and made some good posts detailing the machines and tools he used.

Then he just disappeared.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Previa_fun posted:

Whatever happened to Used Sunlight Sales? Dude owned a bunch of land in the midwest (I want to say KS or OK?) and made some good posts detailing the machines and tools he used.

Then he just disappeared.

Maybe his crazy wife killed him? I used to enjoy his thread on running the ranch and fixing stuff and dumptrucking.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

He had a facebook page for awhile that seems to have disappeared. The last post I remember from him was after the wildfires in KS or OK last spring had moved through his area.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

spog posted:

You're a good dad and a good husband. Who cares what some two-faced, jealous loser thinks?

Only the opinion of Mrs Leica and Leica Jr. matter.

Oh trust me, I'm very secure with where I'm at in life, it's just bizarre to hear that kind of ignorant poo poo from someone who you thought respected you.

The funny thing is it all started with me and another buddy poking fun at his drone flying obsession and it set him off. Weird :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress that guy. You's cool.

• Locked thread