Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

>Cut the red wire

Gonna need to find something to cut it with, champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

Gonna need to find something to cut it with, champ.

>USE TEETH

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
>Grab CD case from tower

>Snap lid of CD case

>Fashion crude cutting implement from broken CD case

>CUT THE RED WIRE ITS GONNA BLOW!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ugh. this could potentially set us back in finding the next update. is this what the thread wants?

Y/N :ovr:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
N, I was just loving around man I don't know how to play videogames

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
>Inspect CD tower for suitable knife candidate

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
>investigate why the icons on the screen stayed horizontal despite tipping the monitor while lifting it up

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

> Dump your CD tower and look for a game that has a name suitably sharp enough that it might be able to cut through the wire.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
> Eat your computer

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS

Wait... Those gloves...

>Look in mirror or mirror like surface

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Trump Card posted:

Wait... Those gloves...

>Look in mirror or mirror like surface

There are no mirrors in this room. You're going to have to be a little more thorough in your search for a reflective surface.

Quinntan posted:

>investigate why the icons on the screen stayed horizontal despite tipping the monitor while lifting it up

Huh? What are you talking about?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

>Inspect CD tower for suitable knife candidate

FPzero posted:

> Dump your CD tower and look for a game that has a name suitably sharp enough that it might be able to cut through the wire.

I'm not making a mess of my desk--but I'll look more closely at that CD tower, though--

It's just my video game collection. I've LPed a number of them. Please don't break them!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
>Grab Minesweeper

Its obviously a fake since that game isn't published on CD's! :eng101: :smuggo: :yeah:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

>Grab Minesweeper

Its obviously a fake since that game isn't published on CD's! :eng101: :smuggo: :yeah:

SHOWS WHAT YOU KNOW!

But anyways, sure, that's fine. I've grabbed Minesweeper.

How about that update? :ovr:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

> Load Minesweeper. Sgt. Apone might know where your update went.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
>use the shiny side of the minesweeper disc to look at your face.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
>Call ESRB and tell tehm we've obtained an illegal copy of Minesweeper

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
>Look CD/DVD Drive

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

>Scrawl "tell tyty to update his thread too" on the pad in blood because you don't have a pen

I don't want crow to be lonely on there :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
>Back away from the desk about ten feet

>Take deep breath

>Full force tackle the entire setup, knock it into next week

>Stand up and rip your shirt in half, you macho stud

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
>Take off the HEV Hazard Suit

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Bit late, but:

Shinjobi posted:

Dash Rendar: the John Cena of Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1dT2A3g6j8

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Tyty posted:

>Scrawl "tell tyty to update his thread too" on the pad in blood because you don't have a pen

I don't want crow to be lonely on there :(

Yeah, okay, why not?

I don't currently have any sharp objects, so I'll use CJacobs' TEETH idea and make a small incision in my arm.

Ohhhh-kay. Y-you know what? That, uh, probably wasn't a great idea. Feelin' pretty woozy right now...

Shinjobi posted:

>Back away from the desk about ten feet

>Take deep breath

>Full force tackle the entire setup, knock it into next week

>Stand up and rip your shirt in half, you macho stud

Yeah, gently caress it, this seems like a great idea!

*deep breath*

uh...

Goddamnit!

Trump Card
Jun 25, 2008

HEY GUYS
>Reboot brain

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

White Coke posted:

>Begin Killzone Shadow Fall LP instead.

If you insist.

Mark ye! The old dynasty of Killzones hath been swept away! Killzone the First, its reign inept and fraught, died ignobly. Killzone the Liberator marched valiantly, though none flocked to its cause because it was on the PlayStation Portable. Killzone the Second brought about the golden age, but its reign came crashing down once its successor, Killzone the Third assumed the throne. With the fall of the PlayStation 3 dynasty, a new order has risen to take its place as ruler over yonder realm: The PlayStation 4 dynasty and the first monarch of our grand new age: Killzone the Fallen Shadow!

Also the PlayStation Vita's in there somewhere, but gently caress that poo poo!

Hey team, we're back. Second Fifth verse, same as the first. This time around, we're playing the Other Killzone games, namely Killzone: Shadow Fall, the distant sort-of sequel to the original Killzone Trilogy. Unlike the previous LPs, we're gonna try not to do too much with MLG multiplayer videos or fighting game fever dream hallucinations and stick to a straight up LP of Shadow Fall. The operative word here is "try".

The earlier LPs are as follows:

With regards to Killzone: Mercenary, we remain in the "maybe someday, who knows..." category on it. Purely because to LP it either one of us would have to buy a particular piece of hardware to actually record footage from it and neither of us want to make an upwards of $60 investment on something that we're only going to realistically use once and then never again for any other purpose.

:siren::siren::siren::siren: S P O I L E R :siren::siren::siren::siren:
:siren::siren::siren::siren: ! P O L I C Y ! :siren::siren::siren::siren:

There isn't one! I don't like spoiler policies--don't believe in'em. Besides, Killzone is the gaming equivalent of Shakespeare, so I expect everyone to be familiar with the story line so we can focus more on the performance. After all everyone's played the Killzone series, right? (Right???)

As mentioned before, the LP style was influenced by a couple of enjoyable Cinema Discusso threads that utilized a running commentary style of reviewing. Specifically, Kyle Hyde's American Psycho thread and Terry van Feleday's Transformers threads. It's in that vein that we've decided to Continue To Needlessly Complicate The Killzone Franchise.

To quote earlier threads:

I pray we never truly find out.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 23, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

We'll get to the post in due time. What's important is that we get the video up for now and get things started.

We are joined for this opening chapter of "I'm pretty sure this is technically Killzone 5, guys, just saying" by the fantastic ACES CURE PLANES. ACES is about to resume work on his LP of Armored Core 2: Another Age after 2016 basically ran him over, chained him to its rear bumper, and then dragged him 20 miles. You can also catch his LP of Armored Core 2 up on the LP Archive.

THIS HAS GONE TOO loving FAR, SALLY!!!

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 23, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoy this thread. A lot.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

LP is art.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm spartacus

White Coke
May 29, 2015
>Bandage your wound and rehydrate.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
>Buy a new computer.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I;m personsally excited for this lets paly of calzone shadow's fall.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

I;m personsally excited for this lets paly of calzone shadow's fall.

>Ask if we can get fries with that

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I thought about holding off for a week while I wait for my new monitor to arrive, but gently caress it, it still works. Thus, we can continue to look for the next update.

But hey, maybe, you know, actually try looking for the update this time? This LP is starting to cost me...

My notepad is stained with blood, my CD tower and most of my games are broken, and you guys have damaged both the wall and the computer monitor. Note: we are not any closer to finding the update!

Quinntan posted:

>use the shiny side of the minesweeper disc to look at your face.

Nice try! If you want to get a look at this mug, you're going to have to try a little harder to fool me.

Besides, the disk is now broken. Lemme pop open the Dash-ventory and show you:

Alright team, let's find that update!

Seriously. :ovr:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

> Click "Begin"

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
>Click on "Poodoo"

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

>Click on blood.

>Use Blood on Flask.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

>Get non broken games
>Use reflective side of a non-broken game to look at face

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

>Get non broken games

> Then sharpen the edges into a razor disk of death.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

>Get non broken games

Or

>Close the screen with the power button. Gaze into your fractured self via reflection on the screen. Was the update inside you all along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also, for those scant few who are legitimately curious: We're gonna do Killzone: Shadow Fall for real over the summer.