Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Is their mascot a homeless person??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

InediblePenguin posted:

Not brand-name Tupperware, no, but why would you really NEED name-brand Tupperware since there's equivalents manufactured by Rubbermaid and Gladware which CAN be bought off the shelf?

You know why you need the good stuff

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sarcopenia posted:

Is their mascot a homeless person??

I think its the duck dynasty uncle

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

apatheticman posted:

I think its the duck dynasty uncle

There's less of a difference between those than you'd think.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/michaeljknowles/status/855880001043931136

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I'm not aware of people saying sex isn't inborn, although given that inter-sexed people exist it's obviously not 100% black and white. However plenty of people have said that gender is a social construct and regardless in a free society one should be allowed to express oneself any way they'd like.

Pro-choice people rarely bother to argue about when life begins because when talking about "life" in anything other than cellular chemical processes is so subjective it's pointless. They do talk about control over one's own body though which is a very important topic

Who said DDT kills eagles? It does
make eggs incapable of supporting a developing baby bird which obviously makes the continuation of the species difficult.

So yeah... IOSM

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

not sure why I'm subscribed to him any more but

THANKS TWITTER I ALMOST MISSED THAT PHEW
gee what an awful world it would be if I didn't know wil wheatons commentary on life as a character from an ms-dos sierra adventure game

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I hope you are not bashing msdos based Sierra games there friendo.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I just took a poo poo in the same stall Prince did!

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Peanut Butler posted:

ms-dos sierra adventure game

Thanks to you I just found out that Gabriel Knight had a remake. Sweeeet.

Croatoan has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Apr 23, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

One or 2 were serious enough cooks that i believe it, lacking enough interest to research it myself.

I call BS on this as a paid Cook. If you're concerned about durability though, take a look at your local restaurant supply store for Cambro. You can probably get more than you'll likely ever need for like, 60bux.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

This man is the stock photo that appears when you search "young republican"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tetracube posted:

This man is the stock photo that appears when you search "young republican"

I was thinking more "rich kid who bought his way out of a sexual assault conviction in college".

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I was thinking more "rich kid who bought his way out of a sexual assault conviction in college".

That's the same thing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tiberius Thyben posted:

That's the same thing.

Nope, some of them are simply hated masturbators.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

there wolf posted:

Wants to see a real racist. In Alabama.

As a kid I thought that page was loving bullshit

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB-YKx0_-ZM

The comment section.

And it keeps going.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

it's great that black people are breaking into a field dominated by whites for so many years

(there are like 4x as many school shootings by white people than any other race)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Croatoan posted:

Thanks to you I just found out that Gabriel Knight had a remake. Sweeeet.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's kinda garbage. :(

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

davidspackage posted:

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's kinda garbage. :(

Ah, i'm glad there is a remake true to the source material.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

there wolf posted:

Wants to see a real racist. In Alabama.

I feel dumb for having to ask but what does this mean?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jippa posted:

It's The Land of Waldos from one of the Waldo books. The joke is that you'd have to actively cover your face not to see a Waldo, or rather, a racist, in Alabama, I'm assuming.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Jippa posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where%27s_Wally%3F

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Jippa posted:

It is a "Where's Waldo?" picture. You generally look for a guy in a red and white striped shirt (waldo) among some crowded situation. Generally it's an amusement park, mall, or some other busy picture. This one is full of red and white stripe shirted people and also exists somewhere in the pic.

I assume you are either very young or non-american, cause this poo poo was popular for a long time.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Crocoswine posted:

it's great that black people are breaking into a field dominated by whites for so many years

(there are like 4x as many school shootings by white people than any other race)

No but see, when a white person does something bad, it's because they're not a good individual. When a black person does something bad, it's because they're black!

It makes perfect logical sense if you're a racist shithead

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's The Land of Waldos from one of the Waldo books. The joke is that you'd have to actively cover your face not to see a Waldo, or rather, a racist, in Alabama, I'm assuming.

Ah I see thanks. I know "where's waldo" but I didn't get the actual reference of waldo = racist and thought that dragon/crocodile had some significance as well.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Quabzor posted:

It is a "Where's Waldo?" picture. You generally look for a guy in a red and white striped shirt (waldo) among some crowded situation. Generally it's an amusement park, mall, or some other busy picture. This one is full of red and white stripe shirted people and also exists somewhere in the pic.

I assume you are either very young or non-american, cause this poo poo was popular for a long time.

This was actually popular abroad, too. In Israel, where he's called Efi (to be closer in sound to איפה = "eifo" = "where"). I assume this is the case for some of the other variations:

Wikipedia posted:

In international editions, Wally has often been given a name in the local language:
Afrikaans: Willie
Arabic: فضولي (Fodhouli)
Bulgarian: Уоли (Uoli)
Catalan: Wally
Chinese: 威利
Mandarin pronunciation: Wēilì
Cantonese pronunciation: Wai1 lei6
Croatian: Jura
Czech: Valdík
Danish: Holger
Dutch: Wally
Estonian: Volli
Finnish: Vallu
French: Charlie
German: Walter
Greek: Γουόλι (Gouόli)
Hebrew: אפי (Efi)
Hindi: हेट्टी (Hetti)
Hungarian: Vili
Icelandic: Valli
Italian: Ubaldo, Wally
Japanese: ウォーリー (Wōrī)
Korean: 월리 (Wolli)
Lithuanian: Valdas
North American English: Waldo
Norwegian: Willy
Polish: Wally
Portuguese: Wally
Russian: Уолли (Uolli)
Serbian: Гиле (Gile)
Spanish: Wally
Swedish: Valle, Hugo
Turkish: Ali, Gezgin Veli
Vietnamese: Văn Lang
Welsh: Wali

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This was actually popular abroad, too. In Israel, where he's called Efi (to be closer in sound to איפה = "eifo" = "where"). I assume this is the case for some of the other variations:

he isn't even American!

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Baron Corbyn posted:

he isn't even American!

That Wikipedia article doesn't get to the crux of the real mystery here: why did the publisher they used in North America randomly rename him Waldo?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vladimir Poutine posted:

That Wikipedia article doesn't get to the crux of the real mystery here: why did the publisher they used in North America randomly rename him Waldo?

they had a spare "do" lying around from when they renamed Cluedo. Who knows what they'll do with the "ly".

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
In the country Wally is from his name can be a slang term for a dick.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Baron Corbyn posted:

they had a spare "do" lying around from when they renamed Cluedo. Who knows what they'll do with the "ly".

Pretty sure Trump is going hog wild with the lying.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Crocoswine posted:

Do you mean when accounting for the differences in population, an individual white person is 4x more likely?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Slime posted:

In the country Wally is from his name can be a slang term for a dick.

No. You're thinking of 'Willy'
A 'Wally' is a stupid person.
:eng101:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Odlaw is still called Odlaw in the UK. The conspiracy goes deeper...

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Odlaw is still called Odlaw in the UK. The conspiracy goes deeper...

Was Odlaw introduced before the series made the jump to America?

Because that means Odlaw isn't named after Waldo.

Waldo is named after Odlaw.

:tinfoil:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think Odlaw was created for the TV show.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

I think Odlaw was created for the TV show.

According to the Where's Wally Wiki he was created for the 1991 Where's Wally Poster Book.

Incidentally, for some reason there's a Where's Wally Wiki, and desperately needs a proof-reader.

quote:

Where's Waldo? is the title of the first Waldo book. Released in 1987, the book was the result of more than two-years of detailed work by illustrator Martin Handford.

Where's Wally? introduces readers to Wally, a distinctively dressed man, as he sets off on "a world-wide hike". Waldo travels to everyday places – such as the beach, the ski slopes and the zoo. The book features 12 detailed 2-page illustrated spreads of the different locations. Somewhere amid the crowded scene is Waldo and readers are asked to scour the detailed illustrations to locate the lost traveler. Each scene is accompanied by a postcard to the reader from Waldo, who introduces the scene and comments on his travels.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Hiraghm/status/856068531061968896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

According to the Where's Wally Wiki he was created for the 1991 Where's Wally Poster Book.

Incidentally, for some reason there's a Where's Wally Wiki, and desperately needs a proof-reader.

Ideally it should be set up to switch between Wally and Waldo everytime you load the page.