Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Welp, time to not listen to sports radio for another week. I don't need to hear all the other Pats fans trying to defend this. Like, maybe it's not illegal and he could argue that his presence is still a net gain to the charity. That's immaterial: if this is what it seems to be on the surface, I have trouble even imagining a way to excuse this. "Tawm wood nevah do dat, everyone's just jell-us. Itza non-storee."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I've unretired to congratulate Tom Brady on becoming an honorary Trump

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Truly, Trump and Brady are perfect for each other.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

Welp, time to not listen to sports radio for another week. I don't need to hear all the other Pats fans trying to defend this. Like, maybe it's not illegal and he could argue that his presence is still a net gain to the charity. That's immaterial: if this is what it seems to be on the surface, I have trouble even imagining a way to excuse this. "Tawm wood nevah do dat, everyone's just jell-us. Itza non-storee."

I can't wait to move away from here

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This scandal won't blow up; it's slightly too complicated and the draft is this week.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fsif posted:

Tom Brady is such a poo poo lol

Joe Montana never needed to skim money off the top I tell you what

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Do the Pats or Kraft give money to Best Buddies? While it's not illegal, the NFL should care about money going from ownership to a player through third parties as cap violations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Joe Montana never needed to skim money off the top I tell you what

He had that sweet 16-bit Genesis money rolling in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Silly Burrito posted:

drat straight. That and saying "masturbating" on live TV was enough for Joe Cool. Brady's a greedy little bitch.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

pseudodragon posted:

Do the Pats or Kraft give money to Best Buddies? While it's not illegal, the NFL should care about money going from ownership to a player through third parties as cap violations.

The Patriots should be fined all of their draft picks for a draft with all pucks traded for returned to the original teams without giving back what the Patriots gave them, Brady AND Bellicheck should get an 8 game suspension.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tom BRady owns

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Chichevache posted:

The Bills have been to four consecutive super bowls.

Over 20 years ago sure, but it's been a reeeal rough go of it since then. Also, been to sure doesn't equal won them. Or any.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pseudodragon posted:

The patriots funnel money to Brady through the TB12 poo poo and everyone loving knows it and no one cares about it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Everyone who played that game ran fake field goals or punts on every down.

I can't believe it.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Vertical Lime posted:

didn't i always say god hates the vikings

e: oh he did do a bunch of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUQngBKTilA

It's really funny to see this guy making videos again. Ten years ago he made video game reviews that were ripoffs of AVGN and I loving loved them all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

Also riding high on that Montgomery Ward hog.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

pseudodragon posted:

The Pats give money to a nutrition or sports medicine like company that Brady owns to get around the salary cap. It's why Brady doesn't squak about his salary ever.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Goddell wants this to stick so badly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bad Moon posted:

The Pats give money to a nutrition or sports medicine like company that Brady owns

It's a snake oil company on the nanobubbles level from everything I've heard about it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you fine folks should know the depths of despair we've reached in the NFC North thread as the reality of Mike Glennon sinks in

Timby posted:

(God, forgive me for what I have done.)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Neck-arm seems OK, but arm-neck not nearly long enough.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
No but guys gently caress goodell right

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was fun rooting for Goodell to look sort of dumb and would be fun if he is mad and tries to do something to Tom Brady again because of it, whether he succeeds or doesn't succeed. Looks like life is Good!

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Hmm sounds like money's going to charity. Better get really mad about it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fsif posted:

This scandal won't blow up; it's slightly too complicated and the draft is this week.

Also I doubt a cartel of business vermin will launch a crusade concerning the proprietry of charitable organization finances or whatever. Deflategate was pushed because owners were mad about the Pats getting away with poo poo in the football realm; they ignored all the TB12 businesses shenanigans before and will probably ignore this too.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Phobeste posted:

Hmm sounds like money's going to charity. Better get really mad about it

you would make an excellent charity watchdog!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

It's a snake oil company on the nanobubbles level from everything I've heard about it.

They also sell ridiculously up priced rebranded workout equipment!

I mean who knows what a kettle bell costs anyway? Just like an umbrella.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

Also I doubt a cartel of business vermin will launch a crusade concerning the proprietry of charitable organization finances or whatever. Deflategate was pushed because owners were mad about the Pats getting away with poo poo in the football realm; they ignored all the TB12 businesses shenanigans before and will probably ignore this too.

Yeah I always wondered why the TB12 poo poo wasn't a bigger deal. I guess there are much more gruesome skeletons in other teams' closets.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Eh

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hahaha Pats Pulpit.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Those numbers (if accurate) make it a bit easier to accept, if you think of it as redistributing 6% of the money he himself brought in. But it's still kinda gross on the surface, since people thought that was going to a certain place and it's going elsewhere. Then again, people brought it in because of Tom Brady's involvement so would people actually disapprove of this? I dunno.

It's still yucky (yes, that's the technical term). Less than I initially thought, but still a bad look.

fsif posted:

Hahaha Pats Pulpit.

Magnetic North posted:

I like threads where people talk about how Pats fans are the worst. Because Pats fans are the worst.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Tom Brady should be tried by the Hague and executed for crimes against humanity.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eh, this is a bad look for Brady. He was effectively paid for charity appearances, which he donated to other charities... but like his kids' private school and the church he got married at, that's a bad look.

Though nobody has ever given a poo poo about how sleezy NFL player charities are, and if nothing was raised over Adrian Peterson spending his charity money on orgies, I doubt anything's happening here.

Here's the OTL investigation from 4 years ago: http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9109024/top-athletes-charities-often-measure-charity-experts-say-efficient-effective-use-money

And the one about the Dallas Cowboys // Troy Aikman stuff appears to have disappeared off the internet aside from the deadspin article about an article:

http://deadspin.com/5734895/report-many-dallas-athletes-run-shoddy-charities

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ryan tannehill would never do this mostly because no one wants him involved in their charity despite being a top ten qb

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ehud posted:

ryan tannehill would never do this mostly because no one wants him involved in their charity despite being a top ten qb

Ryan "Top Ten"ahill is my current favorite QB nickname. Narrowly beats Joe "Joe Flacco" Flacco.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

Eh, this is a bad look for Brady. He was effectively paid for charity appearances, which he donated to other charities... but like his kids' private school and the church he got married at, that's a bad look.

Though nobody has ever given a poo poo about how sleezy NFL player charities are, and if nothing was raised over Adrian Peterson spending his charity money on orgies, I doubt anything's happening here.

Here's the OTL investigation from 4 years ago: http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9109024/top-athletes-charities-often-measure-charity-experts-say-efficient-effective-use-money

And the one about the Dallas Cowboys // Troy Aikman stuff appears to have disappeared off the internet aside from the deadspin article about an article:

http://deadspin.com/5734895/report-many-dallas-athletes-run-shoddy-charities

Dang, when it comes to an integrity challenge, it's good to know that TB12 can reach just slightly higher than Nut Switch and the 90s Cowboys

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

It really is. It's like if one of those "Why Your Team Sucks" articles was made into video form and covered the franchise's entire history.

Edit: He's done some other teams too.

holy poo poo hhahahahahahahahaha https://youtu.be/OSmM_io9_eQ?t=229

"While Eagles fans look to him for over-the-top reactions and general doom and gloom, he power levels about why he gets fired from jobs all the goddamn time and why women won't gently caress him."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
How good is Brady's offensive line compared to Dallas and the rest of the league?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gatts posted:

How good is Brady's offensive line compared to Dallas and the rest of the league?

Can get away with holding like no others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

How much money did he actually give best buddies

• Locked thread