Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
He wants to, anyway.

I'd take him back on the Devils in a hot minute but he needs to bring beautiful prospect Igor Rykov with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Our future is ruined for the next decade

Yeah well, I'm happy for you

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYrwTVsckmI

Hello Habs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This thread is now legally required to be available in both English and French.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Calisse de tabernac

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

gently caress this stupid team I regret expressing any hope when we hired Julien. I regret coming back to root for this poorly run stupid organization. I'm looking forward to Goldblum following up last offseason with an even worse one this year. Looking forward to protecting pluggers while we lost actual good hockey players to the expansion draft. Can't wait for the Pacioretty needs to be traded hot takes. gently caress everything. Fire Goldblum and steal Julien Brisebois back please for the love of god.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

So, Steve Ott sure looked like a great deadline acquisition.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

stab posted:

Calisse de tabernac

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Bruins will be here eventually, but at least the Habs lost first

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Who cares?

Alright, get rid of Ott, Shaw and other useless pluggers. Work on offense. I want to see what Julien can do with a full season to prepare.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Je suis entirement pus capable de cette ostie d'equipe de marde sans identite que meme avec toute les jouers talenteux ils sont pas capable de rien faire parce-ce-que il fut jouer des ostie de tannants comme Ott pis Flynn.

Cette equipe va regresser en plus, nos bons joeurs sont vieux pis on a aucune vrai talent qui s'en vient.

Ostie congieder toute le monde. On est pret pour un rebuild en salle.

TABERNAC JE SUIS PLUS CAPABLE DES CANADIENS DE MONTREAL

ILS ONT AUCUNE IDEE QUOI FAIRE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Claude Julien is as old school youth sitting, vet leaning as it gets.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Goldblum's gotta be fired after this, right? Every move he made over the last few years with the possible exception of Radulov has been a disaster.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

grack posted:

Goldblum's gotta be fired after this, right? Every move he made over the last few years with the possible exception of Radulov has been a disaster.

There's still an expansion draft left to gently caress up first

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Suspicious posted:

Who cares?

Alright, get rid of Ott, Shaw and other useless pluggers. Work on offense. I want to see what Julien can do with a full season to prepare.

Julien will keep Ott and play him 6+ more minutes than he deserves cause veteran

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Xtanstic posted:

gently caress this stupid team I regret expressing any hope when we hired Julien. I regret coming back to root for this poorly run stupid organization. I'm looking forward to Goldblum following up last offseason with an even worse one this year. Looking forward to protecting pluggers while we lost actual good hockey players to the expansion draft. Can't wait for the Pacioretty needs to be traded hot takes. gently caress everything. Fire Goldblum and steal Julien Brisebois back please for the love of god.

How is there no

NOW
that's what I call a
MELTDOWN

gif on the Internet yet?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Montreal has the following players becoming free:

- Galchenyuk
- Radulov
- King
- Flynn
- Ott
- Martinsen
- Markov
- Beaulieu
- Nesterov

After next season, they'll have to re-negotiate:

- Pacioretty
- Price
- Plekanek
- Mitchell
- Danault
- McCarron
- Emelin
- Davidson

The way I see it, next year they have to re-sign Galchenyuk and Radulov, give a short 1 year to Markov while bringing up Sergachev. The rest can go. After 2017-2018, they'll have to re-negotiate Patches, Price, and Danault (Plekanek may be too old).

Even with the Las Vegas draft they won't be able to afford poo poo. Price and Patches are combined at $11M, and they'll both eat up a whole loving lot more than that. If Habs don't make it next year, they're gonna have to blow part of the thing up and re-build, I guess. Bergevin hasn't done much but go grab players he had scouted while working for Chicago over the last few years so who knows what he can do next.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

stab posted:

Je suis entirement pus capable de cette ostie d'equipe de marde sans identite que meme avec toute les jouers talenteux ils sont pas capable de rien faire parce-ce-que il fut jouer des ostie de tannants comme Ott pis Flynn.

Cette equipe va regresser en plus, nos bons joeurs sont vieux pis on a aucune vrai talent qui s'en vient.

I will try to practice my high-school french.

I am entirely pus capable of this ostian team poo poo without identity who with all the talented players who are not capable to do anything because they gently caress players ostie david tennant like ott who pisses on Flynn.
This team keeps regressing, our good players are old piss and no talent is coming.
Ostie congeals all the world. We should rebuild the halls.

Tabernacle I am more capable than the montreal canadiens.
They have no idea how does.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MononcQc posted:

Even with the Las Vegas draft they won't be able to afford poo poo. Price and Patches are combined at $11M, and they'll both eat up a whole loving lot more than that. If Habs don't make it next year, they're gonna have to blow part of the thing up and re-build, I guess. Bergevin hasn't done much but go grab players he had scouted while working for Chicago over the last few years so who knows what he can do next.

Price is going to be $11m himself.

And Pacioretty pretty drat close too.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
I don't know what to make of Bergevin. He made some horrible moves, but he also made some really great ones. Without insider knowledge it's impossible to judge. Was firing Therrien his idea or was he told to do so by ownership?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

dont be mean to me posted:

How is there no

NOW
that's what I call a
MELTDOWN

gif on the Internet yet?

Last year we had Shark Eats Bear with his Meltdown sandwiches that he posted in GDT.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

boy am I ever glad we sacrificed Subban to end up with that shitshow!

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Suspicious posted:

It's also literally as every single HAS poster had predicted.

In hindsight it was a favor to PK. Traded to a much better team not run by people who would choose the coach over the star player.

I kinda want Carey to get traded.
I want Carey to win a cup, and it's not happening in Montreal without some major shifts.

Patches going dry for basically the last two months is a killer (and he goes completely cold for way too long, way too often; he's still a handy two-way player, but you need more from your superstar first line winger), Danault straight up isn't a first line center and Galchenyuks varying role is probably going to come back to haunt Bergevin.
Weber for Subban hurts right now. Hurts real bad.

On the flipside Hudon and Sergachev have to be right in there for a spot next year, another preseason camp could see Sherbak make another big push towards the big team and there's a real chance Emelin isn't on this team next year.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

stab posted:

Unfortunately "Now! Fusion Reference" just sounds like the least likely mix album that could ever be made.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
At least I picked the right game to go to the Bell Centre for... (game 2)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

stab posted:

Calisse de tabernac

Meanwhile Subban going on to the next round

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Best part is having 7.8m in cap space tied up on a rapidly declining Weber until the heat death of the universe.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

I've never seen a built to win now team do as much "not-winning" as these fucks

Its time for Bergevin to go

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

stab posted:

I've never seen a built to win now team do as much "not-winning" as these fucks

Its time for Bergevin to go

Hey, let's not forget Vancouver.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Hey, let's not forget Vancouver.

The only people who thought that Vancouver is win now is that idiot Benning.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK GODDAMMIT AHHHHHH

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

stab posted:

More likely it was ownership pushing that but Benning has done and said plenty of stupid poo poo on his own.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

grack posted:

More likely it was ownership pushing that but Benning has done and said plenty of stupid poo poo on his own.

Yeah like the time he traded your franchise defen.....ahhh gently caress it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

stab posted:

I mean, that's only one fewer than Montreal.

And they fired the second one months ago..

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Sorry Habs. Go Rangers

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Now I haven't watched the Habs much this season, so was that piss poor play of dump and chase over the last ten minutes really all they have for any sort of zone entry? It was painful to watch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Schremp Howard posted:

Now I haven't watched the Habs much this season, so was that piss poor play of dump and chase over the last ten minutes really all they have for any sort of zone entry? It was painful to watch.

That's Claude.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I mean I'd guess the Rangers were setup pretty much to force that, it's not always easy or smart to try to carry the puck in.

but if you dump it you gotta be able to retrieve it and set up

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Yeah honestly the Rangers were ready and Montreal just kind of played right into their hands. It would be something along the lines of gain possession, attempt to dump in unsuccessfully, gain possession, dump in, Rangers take icing, Montreal loses offensive faceoff. Repeate ad nauseum.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

stab posted:

The other translation was solid, but I felt like punching it up to reflect québécois joual (and more or less typing what my family and friends are saying right now):

I'm at my wits end with this lovely soulless no-identity-having team that takes talented players and completely stifles their abilities by pairing them with inept motherfuckers like Ott and Flynn.

On top of THAT, this team is due to regress: our playmakers are getting older and there's no true phenom coming up from juniors.

gently caress it, fire everyone. Burn it down and scatter the ashes, it's time to rebuild.

HOLY HELL I AM SO FUCKIN' DONE WITH THE MONTREAL CANADIENS.

THEY. DON'T. HAVE. A. GODDAMN. CLUE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

He wants to, anyway.

I'd take him back on the Devils in a hot minute but he needs to bring beautiful prospect Igor Rykov with him

same, why not

• Locked thread