Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Periphery posted:

Note to self: Don't expect people on bigfooty to understand why using the term 'retard' is not acceptable and that just because it happened on the footy field doesn't make it ok.

He should have said "I find your behaviour totally inappropriate and I hope you do not participate further in the contest". That should satisfy the moronic PC correct brigade :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Suspend Shaw because he is a oval office and the Bulldogs play GWS next week.
I actually do think he should be suspended (either by GWS or the AFL) just because you can't use slurs like that when they clearly come through on the broadcast. But then you get the people going "oh it's just sledging and everyone is so touchy and PC these days" who just don't understand that you can't be calling someone a retard if you're in a notable role.

edit: Angus Brayshaw has suffered another concussion. I think that's either his third or fourth suffered in two years.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 23, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Nah, its all OK, coz Heath is a good bloke who "deeply regrets" his comments and apologizes to "anyone who took offense."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-23/fiery-shaw-apologises-for-offensive-remark-to-papley

Seriously though, whilst this does hit a few of the non-apology notes, it's not the worst of those kind of things that we have seen recently.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

gently caress Shaw, it's unprofessional apart from anything else.

I'm going Cats against my Saints because I'm realistic about their chances. Our midfield can fire, and our defence is good, but if it ain't through the sticks, it won't count. Just not strong enough up front against good teams yet.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Selwood is going Full Selwood today

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Are you saying he's at risk of getting the Bends?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I tend to think Brayshaw should retire from footy, much as I'd love to see him play because of what he's shown. He's copped a seriously worrying number of concussions and someone needs to put his long term health first

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Good efforts from both forwards and defence on both sides, but Saints midfield isn't troubling Cats much.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

The Deadly Hume posted:

Are you saying he's at risk of getting the Bends?

Yes, he keeps getting up again too quickly

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Solemn Sloth posted:

I tend to think Brayshaw should retire from footy, much as I'd love to see him play because of what he's shown. He's copped a seriously worrying number of concussions and someone needs to put his long term health first

Yeah I feel the same; he hasn't copped a long term concussion but he's picking up enough smaller ones that they're going to add up before too long. People really need to realise that concussions aren't just caused by a whack to the head, it's the brain rattling about in the skull.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 23, 2017

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
ghs just got shafted that was absolutely a mark

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

this is absolute garbage fire umpiring

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah some puzzling decisions. Cats now overhandling the ball, lots of mistakes.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'm at the LA tribe st end and there's a definite gasleak. Explains the umpiring imo

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

hiddenmovement posted:

I'm at the LA tribe st end and there's a definite gasleak. Explains the umpiring imo

Something has to, wtaf. That last free, nfi.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Looks like a lot of fair weather fans didn't show up to watch the Hawks today.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

They've capped it, you can all expect a return to my high standard of posting soon

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
As it's at the MCG, West Coast will figure out a way to lose this

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

fans equal-opportunity booing for saints and cats captains.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

you know you're in trouble when darcy lang is one of your best players

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I genuinely have no idea whether Saints will tank this or not, Cats have been surprisingly tame and its the Saints game to lose.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

We are fit as gently caress and there's no way a 1 goal buffer was going to be enough

Edit: this clock killing lmao

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 23, 2017

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah that was the biggest fight the Saints could put up, 3 quarters out of 4. Can't play that kind of pressure footy and lose your legs like that.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
lol West Coast

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Spedman posted:

lol West Coast

Turning the clock back to 2015

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah given our recent form and the weird poo poo that's happened already this round I ain't marking this one down yet.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Lol this West Coast team are the ultimate frontrunning softcocks

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Beginning to think the Cats are actually the third best side in the comp. Damning indictment on the rest of the league

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Nice for us to finally show up.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

i just tuned in, is the attendance as miserable as it looks or is the crowd distributed evenly or what

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

strap on revenge posted:

i just tuned in, is the attendance as miserable as it looks or is the crowd distributed evenly or what

It's the G. The Attendance would look pretty bad at Etihad, but looks absolutely diabolical at the G.

I sure am glad the Hawks decided to show up the day the Habs get eliminated.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

:eyepop:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I have never seen a game of football go from good to trash as quickly as the Saints V Cats game today. Jesus Christ what a capitulation.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Just wanted to say, that was some loving BULLSHIT, ST KILDA

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The crowd isn't too bad considering it's against west coast. It doesn't feel a whole lot smaller than it was when we were good against interstate teams.

Also YYYYYYEssssssssssss thank god we won one and looked pretty good doing it too :feelsgood:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

monolithburger posted:

Just wanted to say, that was some loving BULLSHIT, ST KILDA

Considering 2 of our losses have been the direct result of us running out of gas: Why the gently caress are we still playing Dunstan when he can't play over 65% game time? Also, Long shouldn't have got a game if the club wasn't 100% sure we could play a full 4 quarters.

Bruce is playing like crap and is a useless #1 target up forward that just dies when he goes into the ruck.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Also, I want someone to take Selwood's head off one of these days. That is the only thing that will make up for years of his bullshit.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Periphery posted:

Also, I want someone to take Selwood's head off one of these days. That is the only thing that will make up for years of his bullshit.

43 disposals :smug:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
West Coast showing that Richmond haven't beaten any quality sides yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Really good team wide performance today. The senior guys really responded to the criticism this week thankfully, especially Cyril. Burton looks fantastic, Langford played well, Hardwick and Brand had good games. Roughy got to 500 😊

Edit Sicily and O'brien played good games too!

• Locked thread