Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pollyanna posted:

I'm catching up and did Whis just perform an impromptu, unrequested magical c-section on Bulma. :psyduck:

The best part about it was Bulma being so amazed at how painless and quick it was that she talked about getting Whis back if she ever gets pregnant again. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:laffo: at Goku's default place to teleport people/things about to explode being King Kai's planet.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Dexo posted:

:laffo: at Goku's default place to teleport people/things about to explode being King Kai's planet.

17's dull interest in the place being where Cell blew up was great too, half expected him to whip out a camera and take some souvenir pictures while he was there.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I liked Goku admitting that he never really sets out to save the world, it's just a result of wanting to fight guys.

But then he brings it back to being a genuinely good guy by calling out his grandpa's teachings and not wanting to see innocents harmed. Made me feel warm and squishy. :3:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Android 17 owns pretty hard.

I am glad that we have a weird good-natured animal-loving Android 17 and not a stupid one who fuses with himself to kill Krillin.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ImpAtom posted:

Android 17 owns pretty hard.

I am glad that we have a weird good-natured animal-loving Android 17 and not a stupid one who fuses with himself to kill Krillin.

Speaking of which, I can't wait to see how Krillin gets along with his brother-in-law.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
That episode was way more enjoyable than I expected.

Boats man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really enjoyed that.

"Android 17, you can enter this contest and get literally anything you want!"

"I want a really nice goddamn boat for me, my wife, and my kids."

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I found it really cute that he just straight-up thinks of Krillin as his brother :3:

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
17 is maybe the chillest dude in all of db. Just wants to protect animals on an island or cruise around on a boat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh, huh. I just realized that the whole "this is where Cell died" thing is because, uh, that's where Android 17 died technically. Cell came back from only that single cell and we knew from him vomiting up 18 that the Androids were still intact inside of him. Makes sense Android 17 would be mildly curious about that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I really enjoyed that.

"Android 17, you can enter this contest and get literally anything you want!"

"I want a really nice goddamn boat for me, my wife, and my kids."

There's about an 80% chance that Bulma just buys him the ship after the tournament, right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

OB_Juan posted:

17 is maybe the chillest dude in all of db. Just wants to protect animals on an island or cruise around on a boat.
Getting swallowed by a weird insect dude's tail changes a man.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
17's a cool dude and he did a ton of cool things, including wanting a 5-billion yen boat, but calling Krillin his brother is definitely the coolest thing. :3:

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I found it really cute that he just straight-up thinks of Krillin as his brother :3:

When he asked about his brother I thought he meant Android 16 at first, which reminds me, did 16 ever get mentioned again after his death? like did he come back or was he too robot for the wish to count?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

16's memories were backed up into an MMO about birds.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bacontotem posted:

16's memories were backed up into an MMO about birds.

Hatoful Boyfriend?!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

17's a cool dude and he did a ton of cool things, including wanting a 5-billion yen boat, but calling Krillin his brother is definitely the coolest thing. :3:

He also referred to him as "the bald midget guy... Krillin or whatever" so he's either trying way too hard at seeming aloof or he just doesn't give a poo poo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He also referred to him as "the bald midget guy... Krillin or whatever" so he's either trying way too hard at seeming aloof or he just doesn't give a poo poo.

definitely trying too hard. 18 made it sound like they talk on the phone pretty often, he wouldnt forget stuff like that when hes so big on family

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Android 17's entire thing is pretty bluntly seeming aloof and distant while actually caring a lot. Android 18 even has a conversation about how he's actually a lot like Goku.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Reinanigans posted:

I liked Goku admitting that he never really sets out to save the world, it's just a result of wanting to fight guys.

But then he brings it back to being a genuinely good guy by calling out his grandpa's teachings and not wanting to see innocents harmed. Made me feel warm and squishy. :3:

This felt like such a nice little summary of Goku's character. I still go by the "midlife crisis" idea on Goku's behavior, but this is very consistent on how he's handled himself so many times in the past. Also guess it confirms he's probably just thinking he can restore the universes with the Super Dragon Balls (which kinda goes without saying). And drat 17 interacting with Goku is so much more fun than I ever thought it'd be. It's funny how this is like, the polar opposite of Super 17's nonsense.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I thought that was the sweetest thing. He's proud of the lil' guy. :3:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I found it funny how the preview basically confirmed 20 years of forum speculation :allears:

but that was a really good episode, Super's whole thing has been character driven so its no surprise that this round of filler has been excellent all the way through

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

SorasTevaGee
23 minutes ago
Next Week..... DDDDOOOOODDDGGGGEEE!!!!

JD
Jan 11, 2003
I think 17's animal conservationism is a tribute to android 16

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

JD posted:

I think 17's animal conservationism is a tribute to android 16

i've been reading the db/dbz manga the past few days and there's actually a part in the android saga where 17 and piccolo are fighting where he suggests relocating the fight because they're destroying the island they're on

it comes off vaguely sarcastic but everything 17 says comes off vaguely sarcastic

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I'm catching up and did Whis just perform an impromptu, unrequested magical c-section on Bulma. :psyduck:

I was mildly disappointed because I really wanted to see gags like in Dr. Slump's chapter in which Senbei's son is about to be born but with Vegeta in Senbei's place.

As for today's episode, I wasn't very excited for it because I usually find "let's save an endangered species" episodes boring in any series but I loved the King Kai's planet and Jaco segments.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8rcSfKUw0

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Aaaaaa wait I forgot my tractor aaaaaa

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Trying to rewatch Dragonball again, going to fast forward through the red ribbon saga because it blows

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
all of the dragonball anime sucks

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Don't skip Muscle Tower, Pirate Cave is okay, don't skip Tao, basically anything from there on that isn't filler is good.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aurora posted:

Don't skip Muscle Tower, Pirate Cave is okay, don't skip Tao, basically anything from there on that isn't filler is good.
I've seen it already, it's just that it's the arc that usually kills my motivation to continue watching

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is it better in the manga?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Episode was a bit too callbacks-as-plot for me.

17 held hostage with a remote, teleportation to King Kai, an obsession with motor vehicles, it all felt very dbz movie, like they didn't have any ideas of their own to fill up the episode.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

17: As a park warden and conservationist it saddens me this majestic Minotaurus has been hunted to extinction and is the last of its kind, so if granted the infinite power of the Super Dragon Balls to reshape reality to my desire I would like a boat.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

God I didn't realize how much I missed these voices.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

multijoe posted:

17: As a park warden and conservationist it saddens me this majestic Minotaurus has been hunted to extinction and is the last of its kind, so if granted the infinite power of the Super Dragon Balls to reshape reality to my desire I would like a boat.

Yeah, 17 owns.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

multijoe posted:

well it's dende's will that the minotaurus dies

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Zzulu posted:

all of the dragonball anime sucks

Dragonball is better than Z and the best of all the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would Goku use the Super Dragon Balls to find stronger fighters?

• Locked thread