Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That is probably the most pathetic tweet he's put out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

That is probably the most pathetic tweet he's put out.

it's extremely bad optics lmao

it goes against loving everything he's been saying about mexico paying because oops turns out it's gonna actually be on the us's dime!!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
He's just gonna start yelling RIGGGGGED RIGGGGGGGGGGGED at the 100 day mark soon isn't he

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Someday maybe a thing will happen and you all will love me and it will be good I promise guys a thing will happen and other things might happen

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
hi i'm mexico, i want to pay for your wall.

just email me your bank and personal details.

also family maiden names, birthdays, names of beloved pets and schools you've attended thanks. just need to check it's you.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
fart of the deal

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

le pen is gonna win rip

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
#resistance

https://twitter.com/MotherJones/status/856153316161724418

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/23/why-trump-should-think-twice-before-blaming-someone-else-for-his-meh-100-days/

this is maybe the first time i've ever seen "meh" in a major newspaper's article title

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

MadJackal posted:

Moral of the story: get a queer woman of color to read off right wing talking points. Then CSPAM will take them seriously.

nah, anyone who contradicts the hive mind are branded traitors and end up being ignored. the tolerant left demands ideological assimilation. *marches lock-step through the street with a "safer space" agreement hoisted on a banner pole*

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Sometimes I have moments of clarity where I realize that half this country votes for the party that flat out tells them, "your health coverage means less to us than giving the incredibly wealthy more tax cuts."

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/856176908320559106

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/856172721016897536

welcome to the dentist please scan your rewards card

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

liverpoo

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I think I'm one of the 5 people who actually read Trump's Day One plan to finance the wall back before the election. Absolutely no one took it seriously, including the entirety of the Trump campaign.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

triple sulk posted:

le pen is gonna win rip

this is really the only outcome my hypernormalized brain can fathom

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

mintskoal posted:

black president broke peoples brains in ky so loving hard they voted in the guy who promised he'd cut their health care coverage off and wants you to use plenti points to see your dentist smdh

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Introducing the Kentucky My Medicaid Rewards Program.

Now get a free* checkup when you complete your concealed carry permit!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that's a lot of qualifiers

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

mintskoal posted:

Let me guess, the "inappropriate" use of an emergency room is going there for literally anything.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
can you get your card stamped everytime you visit, and get free stuff after a number of stamps?

like a bag of teeth after 8 stamps or something.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Inappropriate use of the er Jesus loving Christ

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mintskoal posted:

what would be an inappropriate example of an ER visit?

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Top ten juiced up coaches

AND top ten juiced up players

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

BeOSPOS posted:

showing up alive

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

BeOSPOS posted:

visiting it while poor

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BeOSPOS posted:

In rural areas pregnant women who can't afford an ultrasound or prenatal care will fake stomach pains just so they have to receive those tests.

This is of course considered a problem by republicans and not a symptom.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

if everyone who gets sick dies without receiving treatment then there will be plenty of health care available for old rich white boomers, duh.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mintskoal posted:

showing up alive

"So it says here you took your infant to the ER because of a 101F fever! Didn't you read the legislation?! Only fevers over 1-0-8 are deemed appropriate. The good state of Kentucky finds you a bad person and deducts 150$ off your Medicaid account."

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

There's a reason all of the charismatic leftists get shot

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
leaves razor sharp, the children of the woods learn the art of throwing them to hunt and are elevated to adults on the day of their first kill for the tribe

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
mango and banana pulp to thicken the orange juice

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/856146705758248962

HereComesEverybody
Mar 2, 2007

a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.

Remember a million years ago when our govt had to smooth things over with Mexico by promising we wouldn't talk about them paying for the wall in public anymore?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BeOSPOS posted:

"So it says here you took your infant to the ER because of a 101F fever! Didn't you read the legislation?! Only fevers over 1-0-8 are deemed appropriate. The good state of Kentucky finds you a bad person and deducts 150$ off your Medicaid account."

"you're going to have payback that $150 from the drugs that the ER doc prescribed you for the fever that wasn't high enough for an ER visit."

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I've spent the last month working in the ER (I'm currently working a 12 hour ER shift), and a good 80-90% of visits could have been taken care of by a primary care physician or a trip to an urgent care center.

But it's not like these patients are choosing the ER over their family doctor, they just don't have/know they can see a family doctor. That, plus you don't have to pay up front for treatment like you do for PCPs.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/856002248798810113

the clintons deserve so much worse than last year's defeat

November 2001 anyone spouting anti-America sentiment was considered the anti-christ, Republican or Democrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/politico/status/856137095701819392

quote:

“I was told that as a government leader, I really shouldn't talk about God. But I have to tell you, it's part of who I am,” Carson said last month, in one of his first speeches as HUD secretary.

[...]

Carson told POLITICO that policy proposals are in the works, but in public appearances the one-time presidential candidate is sticking to his stump-speech staples. He prescribes “godly principles” as a cure for the country’s political division and praises housing advocates for “putting God’s love into action.”

"Speaking of God, which I love to do, quite frankly, he’s a great guy,” Carson said on March 28, drawing friendly laughter during a speech to the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals. “We should be grateful that God gave us variety. But you know what he didn‘t give us variety in? The brain.”

With that, the secretary — an acclaimed pediatric neurosurgeon — was off and running to his other favorite subject. Housing experts brought on stage to analyze his remarks were flummoxed.

“I was trying to take notes on what he was saying about housing,” said Armando Falcon, chief executive at Falcon Capital Advisors, waving a piece of blank paper. “I could have filled a page with neurosurgery notes."

Faith groups are deeply embedded in the affordable housing firmament, which has greeted Carson’s speeches as part motivational, part sermon and part lecture. The secretary offers no apologies.

“One of the most important parts of our Constitution is freedom of religion. There’s a mistaken thinking that we’re not supposed to talk about God,” Carson told POLITICO. “Godly principles and loving your fellow man and caring about your neighbor, there’s nothing wrong with that.”

But lately, his up-by-the-bootstraps message has been falling flat with anti-poverty audiences.

“It’s a great story but it’s a dangerous message because not everybody can pull themselves up by their bootstraps,” said Maria Foscarinis, executive director of the National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty. “Nobody does that, including Secretary Carson. He had a lot of support — his mother his family, his faith. He had a whole context of support.”

[...]

As he learns his way around the HUD bureaucracy, Carson expects to start announcing policy plans in the next 90 days. High on his list of priorities is bringing new life to a program known as Section 3, which creates local jobs when agency money is spent on a project.

“It’s been largely ignored because people say we don’t have local people who know how to weld or have plumbing skills,” Carson said in the interview. “That is true. However we do have a brain, which means we have the ability to think ahead. We know well more than a year ahead of time when we’re going to start a major project. Why not go in and train people in that area at that time so they’re ready?”

“We’re moving away from the concept of just housing people to the concept of developing people,” Carson said.

[...]

“Everybody is either going to become part of the engine or part of the load,” Carson said at an April 3 meeting of the National Low Income Housing Coalition. “We as a nation can go a lot further and a lot faster if a lot more people are part of the engine.”

• Locked thread