Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

MinibarMatchman posted:

there's really not been that many arguments in the last few pages but why let that stop your top tier driveby

when can I play as Pyramid Head in Bomberman, also when will Lisa from P.T. be available

thanks for more of the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I play puyo puyo until the horrific controls make me quit in anger. Might be the first game I have to use pro controller on.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

tetris with the joycon stick is awesome and i wish the og gameboy had one instead of its dpad

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Empress Brosephine posted:

I play puyo puyo until the horrific controls make me quit in anger. Might be the first game I have to use pro controller on.

How are you playing it? I just use the directional buttons.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You are angry a lot hth

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
after using the fake dpad on shovel knight for over 80 hours I've ruled it completely fine and good.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe I have faulty joycons? Last night it would literlaly start auto rotating or drop pieces automatically and then half way through my A + B buttons stopped working; my :siren: GIRLFRIEND :siren: even said "this controller is poo poo"

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

maybe you just suck at tetris :shrug:

mineral
Apr 10, 2006

¡quiero dulces!

maybe I have faulty joycons? Last night it would literlaly start auto rotating or drop pieces automatically and then half way through my A + B buttons stopped working; my :siren: GIRLFRIEND :siren: even said "this controller is poo poo"

Is there an aquarium next to your Switch?

Seriously, give Nintendo Support a call.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
actually i'm really good and have beaten the tetris grand master so therefore i am tetris grand master plus i've killed fools in battle gaiden

that should be the realquestion; why arent we getting battle gaiden instead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im gonna get mk8 delivered by a nice hard working delivery man who i wont badmouth or get weird about if the game is late.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They call it The Switch because as soon as you see it you will switch it off and walk away.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm getting every release I can in physical cause I want to put carts into my system and lick the carts until I OD on denatonium benzoate

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ratbert90 posted:

They call it The Switch because as soon as you see it you will switch it off and walk away.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

ratbert90 posted:

They call it The Switch because as soon as you see it you will switch it on and play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They call it the switch cause it turns you into a weirdo that calls amazon distribution hubs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This thread gettin bad

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Told ya. Best Buy hoarding these shits.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

dear nintendo, please patch in the ability to turn off the music in botw. i run the switch's audio through my computer's line-in and would prefer to be able to mix in my own music so i can explore hyrule to the mgs5 soundtrack and maybe some anthrax albums or something.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

ratbert90 posted:

They call it The Switch because as soon as you see it you will switch it 360 degrees and walk away.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Told ya. Best Buy hoarding these shits.

I wish the default was blue and red controllers or even had the super famicom colors, because the pure grey ones are kind of depressing. The best people can do now is buy those banana flavored ones that are shipping with ARMS or Splatoon, I forget which.

Nintendo World Store regularly is putting out consoles but I think they're the only ones with regular stock

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grey Joycons are the Best.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Nintendo is nanners if they don't do purple and orange slime green joycons for Splatoon 2.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Grey Joycons are the Best.

Buy whichever ones you don't own and be ready for multiplayer + switch colors whenever the mood strikes.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

buy a second gray set because that's what the store loving has and you need to send your original lefty in for repairs.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kashuno posted:

This thread gettin bad

The only solace is we have a ways to go for this subforum.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

No, I have perfectly good joycons but the controls aren't tuned very well, so a little bit up on the joystick makes you hard drop a piece, which I would trigger a lot by accident. Also the SL button to hold a piece is so small and inset that I couldn't get it to press without bumping the joystick. Very disappointed in the joycons for that purpose, and I won't buy Tetris yet until I can figure something out.

I don't know how they'll work for Mario Kart either; I may need to invest in those joycon grips I've seen people link a few times.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kashuno posted:

This thread gettin bad

'gettin'

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I did some four player Puyo Tetrising recently (so out of practice that I can't even win a 1v3) in which we all used single joycons and nobody had too much trouble.

Do note that the wrist-strap attachment also turns the L/R buttons from innies to outies.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

No, I have perfectly good joycons but the controls aren't tuned very well, so a little bit up on the joystick makes you hard drop a piece, which I would trigger a lot by accident. Also the SL button to hold a piece is so small and inset that I couldn't get it to press without bumping the joystick. Very disappointed in the joycons for that purpose, and I won't buy Tetris yet until I can figure something out.

I don't know how they'll work for Mario Kart either; I may need to invest in those joycon grips I've seen people link a few times.

That makes me feel better. It was honestly bad.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
You can change the controls:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204232-puyo-puyo-tetris/75116787

I don't know why you would blame the game if you misinput an action.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's called the switch because it's what I'm going to beat you with

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kashuno posted:

This thread gettin bad

video games has forsaken us

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
:laugh:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i've been playing 2d fighters with the analog stick on my joycon and it works flawlessly. switch owns and does not need the dpad of yore.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kashuno posted:

This thread gettin bad

Par for the course with every Nintendo thread.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

s.i.r.e. posted:

Par for the course with every thread.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

Par for the course with everything

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
They call it the Switch because every time I open this thread I switch to a different one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Switch good so what

• Locked thread