Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

Octy posted:

I like all the episodes where Frasier and Niles (and sometimes Martin) are mistaken for being gay.

Ditto. Their personalities practically beg to be moonlighting as perfectly gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
The episodes where Frasier is at odds with Cam are sublime; especially when Cam's mom and Marty are in cahoots and their boys begrudgingly call a truce.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The top 3 seasons in terms of viewers were 6,7, and 1.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib

ContraBoss posted:

The episodes where Frasier is at odds with Cam are sublime; especially when Cam's mom and Marty are in cahoots and their boys begrudgingly call a truce.

Yeah, I love this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E5vRmufsvI

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Octy posted:

I like all the episodes where Frasier and Niles (and sometimes Martin) are mistaken for being gay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2xrgW7Igpo

This came up on Netflix this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWFeDurHzx8

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
This is pretty ill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgU9B07vaeU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Everyone I know who works in radio is dirt poor. Were things different twenty years ago? Did Frasiers fsmil have a lot of inherited wealth? Why was his dad a redneck?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

poisonpill posted:

Everyone I know who works in radio is dirt poor. Were things different twenty years ago? Did Frasiers fsmil have a lot of inherited wealth? Why was his dad a redneck?

His mom was a psychiatrist and his dad was a cop. Frasier had money from private practice and was one if the biggest radio stars in Seattle. This was also the time when bug radio stars were national phenomenons like Howard Stern and Mancow.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
lmao @Mancow

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Octy posted:

I like all the episodes where Frasier and Niles (and sometimes Martin) are mistaken for being gay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2xrgW7Igpo

People seem to forget how (not so) subtly homophobic most 90s television was... plus slut shamey/kink shamey.

Roz has sex... for pleasure? Often? SLUTTTTTTTT.

Cut to yet another episode of Frasier banging some woman he met at yet another rich people fart and wine sniffing extravaganza.

Seriously hoping dan savage shows up at some point to troll the normcores.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

maskenfreiheit posted:

People seem to forget how (not so) subtly homophobic most 90s television was... plus slut shamey/kink shamey.

Roz has sex... for pleasure? Often? SLUTTTTTTTT.

Cut to yet another episode of Frasier banging some woman he met at yet another rich people fart and wine sniffing extravaganza.

Seriously hoping dan savage shows up at some point to troll the normcores.

It was funny.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Does anybody know of a good high school gym? We could really use the side of one for the massive projection going on in here.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Pro click.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

poisonpill posted:

Radio was a lot bigger business before everyone just listened to their phone in the car instead, and before the Telecommunications Act of 1996 deregulated the industry and basically killed it.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think whatever gap in how much Frasier would realistically make and how opulent his 3.5 bath apartment is was explained away by him having some kind of side investment portfolio

He does very little private practice during the run of the show, whenever we see him doing it he's explicitly returning to it after an absence

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He won Norm's bar tab in a bet from Sam

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Holy gently caress I forgot the super funny sequence of Frasier breaking up with a french guy for Roz

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

lmao at faithfully recreating that set just for a 15 second joke, that owns

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I think whatever gap in how much Frasier would realistically make and how opulent his 3.5 bath apartment is was explained away by him having some kind of side investment portfolio

He does very little private practice during the run of the show, whenever we see him doing it he's explicitly returning to it after an absence

Plus his agent is basically the devil incarnate, it stands to reason she'd be able to shower him with riches (or at least drive unrealistic pay rates with his bosses).

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

This isn't getting enough love

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zesty Mordant posted:

The episode of 30 Rock where Kelsey Grammar and 2 characters run a long con on Carvel is a must-watch even if you're not a big fan of 30 Rock

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That's what you get when you mess with the Best Friends Gang!

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
people who don't like 30 rock are disgusting

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Alec Baldwin seemed so cool and redpilled on 30 Rock

what went wrong

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Roz is a bad producer.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

extra row of teeth posted:

This isn't getting enough love

Dr. Pleasure Dinosaur is very disappointed in you all

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Bust Rodd posted:

That's what you get when you mess with the Best Friends Gang!

I oughta throw toss salad and scrambled eggs in your face

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Riptor posted:

I oughta throw toss salad and scrambled eggs in your face

Mercy!

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Alec Baldwin seemed so cool and redpilled on 30 Rock

what went wrong

he's a good actor--isn't it so amazing that some good actors are lovely people in real life

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

End of Shoelace posted:

twins, stand in line, im short on bullets

For those wondering this was the best episode of the entire season.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ChiralCondensate posted:

he's a good actor--isn't it so amazing that some good actors are lovely people in real life

I'm always disappointed that Kelsey Grammer IRL isn't a mirror image of Frasier

For a man who was paid hundreds of millions of dollars he sure dresses like a hobo in his own life

And a Dodge Viper is like the most un-Frasier like car ever

Minimalist Program posted:

For those wondering this was the best episode of the entire season.

Better than The Two Mrs. Cranes? Maybe. (I think they're both S4)

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Bob James posted:

I'm watching Frasier on Netflix. Frasier doesn't have any black friends. This may be problematic.

There's an episode with a Black Frasier and he fights with White Frasier it's good

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ChiralCondensate posted:

He's actually pretty awesome IRL too actually

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Calaveron posted:

Was the episode where Frasier gets his caricature put in an italian restaurant the cringiest episode?

I think a strong contender would be the episode where they keep finding increasingly exclusive levels of access at a spa.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Zesty Mordant posted:

I'm pretty sure it was green-screened. 30 Rock did it a lot.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

I'd kill for the backing track of that

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Niles really loves his car and driving in general, it's a character trait they keep throughout the show.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

mojo1701a posted:

I'm pretty sure it was green-screened. 30 Rock did it a lot.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the exact same set

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Niles really loves his car and driving in general, it's a character trait they keep throughout the show.

I'm pretty sure Frasier goes from a BMW E34 to an E38 during the course of the show, but as somewhat of a car guy I can't remember what make and model Niles drive ever being shown or mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

evobatman posted:

I'm pretty sure Frasier goes from a BMW E34 to an E38 during the course of the show, but as somewhat of a car guy I can't remember what make and model Niles drive ever being shown or mentioned.

He drives a mercedes.

e: specifically a Mercedes-Benz E320 with the license plate 5HR1NK