Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

If anyone cares, Nando is at Barber Motorsports Park and is having a press conferance in 40 minutes which you can watch at https://facebook.com/indycar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Norns posted:

No buddy.

Aw :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Also Barber looks like a p good track. Too good for F1.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's really narrow and curvy but that works in its favor for the most part

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

It's a good track because it was made by a man that just wanted a good motorcycle track. He has a bike collection so large he opened it to the public and called it a museum.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That museum is loving amazing by the way and if you're anywhere on the east coast USA (the only legitimate timezone to be in) you should see it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I doubt there are many, if any, worsties that haven't seen this, but seeing as how it's my Sunday evening viewing I thought I'd share this documentary as it's rather fascinating.

http://dai.ly/x14ems5

When rallying went full F1. Also features the original and best Flying Finn, Ari Vatanen - none of that Bottas poo poo. The other documentary the BBC did on F1 is also available on Dailymotion and is essential viewing - Grand Prix: The Killer Years I think it's called.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Also Barber looks like a p good track. Too good for F1.

It is a really good track.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Theophany posted:

I doubt there are many, if any, worsties that haven't seen this, but seeing as how it's my Sunday evening viewing I thought I'd share this documentary as it's rather fascinating.

http://dai.ly/x14ems5

When rallying went full F1. Also features the original and best Flying Finn, Ari Vatanen - none of that Bottas poo poo. The other documentary the BBC did on F1 is also available on Dailymotion and is essential viewing - Grand Prix: The Killer Years I think it's called.

The original Flying Finn was Timo Makinen you philistine :finland:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'm glad rallying is dead, it's fans are the worst. loving standing at the side of the road trying to touch the car then whining that the driver is 'inexperienced' when he crashes into you and kills your retarded friend.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Vando posted:

The original Flying Finn was Timo Makinen you philistine :finland:

Pretty sure Toivonen literally flew during the crash.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

I'm glad rallying is dead, it's fans are the worst. loving standing at the side of the road trying to touch the car then whining that the driver is 'inexperienced' when he crashes into you and kills your retarded friend.

Sorry about your dad OP.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wasn't that just like the Spanish/Portugese/Greek/Italian fans? And aren't all fans of all things from those countries horrible? Like at soccer games they all have reserved seating for Neonazis and stuff.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im going to watch the Indy race today just to see if they show our Nando. In your face stupid article lady.

So the race should be 1:15 minutes from now, yes?

I remember that Danica was pushed pretty hard as the next best thing on US racing. What happened to her?

"Q: With former Formula One champion Fernando Alonso entering this year's Indy 500, do you think there are drivers in other series who could jump over to NASCAR for one-off races?

Patrick: "I feel like with Indy cars, you can just show up -- if you are equipped to build and make a nice car, then you could be competitive.
"But in NASCAR I don't see that even being possible for someone to just show up with a car. There's too much evolution of the tricks and bells and whistles and all the things it takes to be fast in stock-car racing that you wouldn't know."

Never mind.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Race starts at top of the hour. Coverage has already begun.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wasn't that just like the Spanish/Portugese/Greek/Italian fans? And aren't all fans of all things from those countries horrible? Like at soccer games they all have reserved seating for Neonazis and stuff.

The issue in the Group B era was Portugal and all the drivers said the issue was specifically that event and the cars weren't even a factor.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh my loving God.

The driver leading the championship after 2 IndyCar races is.... Sebastian Bourdais. Lmao. He won the 1st race apparently and came 2nd in the other one. Bourdais?!

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Bourdais is the Schumacher of IndyCar

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy lol

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Wirth1000 posted:

no you're thinking of the Frying Finn

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'm watching this shitacle that is IndyCar and I managed to catch some patriotic All-American interviewing Alonso on the grid. The American guy explaining Monaco compared it to the Superbowl.

Instant trigger. Good on Alonso for not biting his face off. Also, the idea of Alonso being in the equivalent of a Pakistani ghetto that is all of Alabama is pretty funny. Surprised he isn't lynched for speaking with a non-English accent.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Vando posted:

no you're thinking of the Frying Finn

:discourse:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honda Humanoid Robot

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Grand Prix of Alabama...

Alabama.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh my loving God.

The driver leading the championship after 2 IndyCar races is.... Sebastian Bourdais. Lmao. He won the 1st race apparently and came 2nd in the other one. Bourdais?!

Bourdais' team is also tiny, it's basically like Manor winning races.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Rolling starts, lol.

Guess that says it all for this supposed " top tier" open wheel racing series.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Rolling starts, lol.

These Tony Montana parody posts are triggering me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

All racing is good and cool

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I actually don't have a hatred for Indy Car itself.

I just hate people who try to act like it's actually some top tier series. It's just a bunch of bad drivers in ugly cars having a time.

I've been watching this Alabaman Grand Prix (lol(lmao)) and its fairly enjoyable.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Wirth1000 posted:

Rolling starts, lol.

It being autism awareness month isn't an excuse to act autistic.

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 23, 2017

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Formula ONE 1 tm needs a Pee Pee button.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Smh

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

aahahahahaha Paul Tracy is trying to give Alonso driving advice lmao

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

aahahahahaha Paul Tracy is trying to give Alonso driving advice lmao

God imagine if it was Paul Tracy winning the F1 WDC instead of Jacques.

All you have to do is remove the glasses.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The american guys are better than the loving hacks at Sky except Pat Symonds.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Watching the press conference Alonso didn't look at all excited or happy to be there. I think it's hit home that running the 500 involves being in the US for extended periods of time.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Anyone want to explain that Bernie interview on top gear tonight, because the whole time i was just like 'wtf is this' ?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

The american guys are better than the loving hacks at Sky except Pat Symonds.

I think he's just getting a very highly concentrated dose of American Exceptionalism and he's literally doing everything in his power to not bite his own balls off and bleed out.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wasn't that just like the Spanish/Portugese/Greek/Italian fans? Like at soccer games they all have reserved seating for Neonazis and stuff.

No that's the UK and the seating areas are called "general admission"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

"what does jenson button think about coming back for what is probably his final grand prix?"

"well.........not super excited...."

• Locked thread