Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Thinking about the timeframe of the game I mentioned in an earlier post it's actually kinda funny that pretty much everyone in YoRHa is actually 3-4 years old when a lot of the machine lifeforms you meet in the game have triple digit ages save for Adam and Eve who are also babbys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pmchem posted:

Thinking of buying this game. How is the PC port? I'd be playing on PC. Do you still get the full corpse multiplayer interaction on PC or how was that changed?

The PC port is pretty much serviceable. There are some resolution problems that are fixable with a mod that installs automatically (see the OP) and possibly some framerate issues but overall it's fine.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I really liked the song Possessed by a Disease since it was in the gameplay reveal trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0

But I like this version the best. I found the Become as Gods version that is in the game, and there is another more mellowed out version of it without become as gods that I don't like quite as much on the OST. Did this version not get released or am I just missing it?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
(Route C)
Poor Pascal :smith:
I remember early on Et tu meets him and he says that she can kill him if she wants to and I chose to spare him. Can you actually choose to kill him there? If so how does it affect the machine village going tits up

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Calaveron posted:

(Route C)
I remember early on Et tu meets him and he says that she can kill him if she wants to and I chose to spare him. Can you actually choose to kill him there? If so how does it affect the machine village going tits up

Killing him is just an ending

Really though just thinking about Pascal makes me sad :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Calaveron posted:

(Route C)

that's Ending Z

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
edit: Scratch all that, I am thinking of something else that happens. video games

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 23, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Spoilers for everything in the game

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/6729ys/spoilers_new_2b9s_information_from_nier_concert/

The NieR concert comes with some great new lore.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

Maybe you guys can help me out with this. I really liked the song Possessed by a Disease since it was in the gameplay reveal trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0

But I like this version the best. I found the Become as Gods version that is in the game, and there is another more mellowed out version of it without become as gods that I don't like quite as much on the OST. Did this version not get released or am I just missing it?

It starts on 1:40 and lasts till the end on the OST. Just listen to it longer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah but the chanting plays throughout the whole song and it's not there in that version, and the other version is a different recording.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 23, 2017

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nier/comments/6729ys/spoilers_new_2b9s_information_from_nier_concert/

The era of only knowing supplementary material through jank forum translations returns. It's like 2011 again

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah but the chanting plays throughout the whole song and it's not there in that version, and the other version is a different recording.

It's probably a slightly different version, yeah, given that's one of the earliest pieces of footage ever provided for the game.

The chanting is pretty consistent, though; it goes through almost two minutes. The soundtrack isn't going to be totally one style for the most part, to be fair, since it goes through (almost) all iterations and tempos of the song, so if you just wanted the faster-paced backing chant for the entire song you're out of luck there. :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh. the chanting I meant was "become as gods" which plays through pretty much the whole thing in the final version. It's still good I just like the version w/o it better. Yeah seems like it was probably an unreleased early version.

So I made a second save after getting the first ending and my original save says ending W and second save says ending AW. Is that just indicative of what playthrogh that save is on and W is the first one?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Those are the endings you've gotten.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ending Z was the one that tripped me up and lost me some progress. I had to fight Desert Boss, I forget the name again. I realised I had forgotten to save just as Pascal exploded.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

The era of only knowing supplementary material through jank forum translations returns. It's like 2011 again

I'd imagine Rekka from fire sanctuary will get some of this out in quality some day

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What the hell is up with that segment after you meet up with 2b and you are in a ship? You are in a tunnel and restricted to a flat line while the enemies are not and they go out of bounds so you can't even hit them, for no reason other than an invisible walll you can't pass? That's completely horrid design.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

oh man some of the spoiler coming from this are spicy

LAST ENDING SPOILERS
apparently there is a script post ending E that implies 9S doesnt wake up because he went to space with A and E

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 23, 2017

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pogL9t89nzk

veni veni veni posted:

So I made a second save after getting the first ending and my original save says ending W and second save says ending AW. Is that just indicative of what playthrogh that save is on and W is the first one?

W is the joke ending you get if you die in the tutorial.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

oh man some of the spoiler coming from this are spicy

LAST ENDING SPOILERS
apparently there is a script post ending E that implies 9S doesnt wake up

shouldn't have voided the manufacturer's warranty by hacking in that NFCS chip in :sigh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LAST ENDING SPOILERS
apparently there is a script post ending E that implies 9S doesnt wake up because he went to space with A and E

There is another translation of some later dialogue that directly contradicts this. It's really not worth speculating about until we get a more... official and complete translation.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

CJacobs posted:

There is another translation of some later dialogue that directly contradicts this. It's really not worth speculating about until we get a more... official and complete translation.

ah and here i was hoping to get a Nier 1 style post game despair train. darn

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Regarding the concert upcoming event thing
What I read wasn't that 2B can't wake him up, it's what happens when 2B is trying to wake him up. It's probably something real cutesy and feelsy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Seems more like these are extra "what-if" endings? I dunno, the translation's pretty dodgy

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Regarding the concert upcoming event thing
What I read wasn't that 2B can't wake him up, it's what happens when 2B is trying to wake him up. It's probably something real cutesy and feelsy

It's a Peter Pan moment.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

For reference, the specific line is (spoken by 9S probably in narration, not aloud):

"I didn't leave with the Ark of the machine lifeforms. We YoRHa don't deserve to be loved by anyone."

So, who knows. :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wow this is hosed. I started route b or whatever without a single healing item and I keep dying over and over in this shmup section right after meeting 2B because of the terrible camera angles and invisible walls. There are no loving checkpoints so I have to do the whole thing over every time I die and I can't even bump the difficulty down because the system menu is gone for some inexplicable reason when you are in the jet. Throw me a loving bone here game, Jesus. This is ridiculous.

Thanks.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I managed to gently caress up when near the end of the 9s intro and thought I'd paused when i hadn't, timer ran out and I got a game over. I put it on easy to slog back through it until I got to the bunker and the shmup sections were a cakewalk with auto turned on. Put it back to your chosen difficulty after.

Edit: change difficulty just before you get in the flight suit during that very brief part as 9s on foot.

NonzeroCircle fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 23, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
How are you dying? What difficulty are you playing on? I thought that part was really fun, but I didn't encounter any of the problems that you have, so maybe I was just lucky?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Just started. When do I get whatever lets me open all these big gold locked chests? I see loot and I can't get it :(

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Just started. When do I get whatever lets me open all these big gold locked chests? I see loot and I can't get it :(

Route B. Keep a list if you're worried.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Snak posted:

How are you dying? What difficulty are you playing on? I thought that part was really fun, but I didn't encounter any of the problems that you have, so maybe I was just lucky?

It's when the camera angle changes I can't tell where I can and can't move, so I end up tanking hits when I hit an invisible wall, and there is always one straggler that I can't hit because he is out of the play area. By the time it changes to side scrolling I'll only usually have one hit on me and I eventually die. If I had like one healing item it would be no problem. I don't know why it doesn't let you just go into the drat system menu in this part. Playing on normal. If it felt like a proper challenge I'd be game but I feel like I'm just dying due to wonky mechanics and lack of ability to buy any heal items.

NonzeroCircle posted:

I managed to gently caress up when near the end of the 9s intro and thought I'd paused when i hadn't, timer ran out and I got a game over. I put it on easy to slog back through it until I got to the bunker and the shmup sections were a cakewalk with auto turned on. Put it back to your chosen difficulty after.

Edit: change difficulty just before you get in the flight suit during that very brief part as 9s on foot.

Yeah this is probably what I'm going to have to do but that just sucks . I don't want to play that first part all over again. I'm gonna give it like 2 more tries and just do that.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, I remember that camera bullshit now. Yeah, all parts of this game where it tries to. E a real.shmup are really bad. The part I was yalking a oht was when it's like a 3rd person camera for a bit. That part was cool.

Can you hack yet? That trivializes all combat on route b.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

It's when the camera angle changes I can't tell where I can and can't move, so I end up tanking hits when I hit an invisible wall, and there is always one straggler that I can't hit because he is out of the play area. By the time it changes to side scrolling I'll only usually have one hit on me and I eventually die. If I had like one healing item it would be no problem. I don't know why it doesn't let you just go into the drat system menu in this part. Playing on normal.

Yeah this is probably what I'm going to have to do but that just sucks . I don't want to play that first part all over again.

the only time you can get into system menu is f you're on foot and standing

if you reset you might want to put on a deadly heal chip

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You can hack out of the gate I think but afaik not in this part. I was doing it in the 3D area you were talking about. Not that it would matter because the individual enemies aren't hard. I just can't hold out long enough to hit a checkpoint.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Finally, finally got Ending E. Not gonna lie, I hesitated at the very end but once I realized after doing literally everything the game had on offer, my unit data was still only at 94% I just said 'gently caress it' and made the plunge. Few games have the same satisfying finality when you complete them, and that's probably about as upbeat as Yoko Taro gets. PM me if you ever see my username show up in the last part, yeah?

*clicks 'unsubscribe to thread'*

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

END ME SCOOB posted:

Route B. Keep a list if you're worried.
If it's that long, I'll be fine - I'm sure I can find most of them again - just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a really early sidequest or chest or something :shobon:

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If it's that long, I'll be fine - I'm sure I can find most of them again - just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed a really early sidequest or chest or something :shobon:

You also eventually get a plug-in chip that puts nearby chests on the mini-map. When you combine that with your new ability in Route B, you'll be picking up a lot of loot during that playthrough. Don't worry about it for now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Nina posted:

No. The generation before YoRHa was A2's unit which was specifically the prototype run for Project YoRHa. YoRHa is very much new.

To be specific the stage play took place 4 years before the story of the game so that's around the maximum time it could've existed

In this case I'm confused about why anyone in the android resistance buys the story about humans living on the moon if it's that recent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

veni veni veni posted:

You can hack out of the gate I think but afaik not in this part. I was doing it in the 3D area you were talking about. Not that it would matter because the individual enemies aren't hard. I just can't hold out long enough to hit a checkpoint.

Do you have any healing chips?