Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I've been playing with a couple of buddies who never wear shoes in-game, and while it's nice to be able to tell that it's them moving, it sounds like someone is slapping a pair of wet hams together. Bad!

tehinternet posted:

Makes you quieter.

Not noticeably IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

When you put it that way i could get behind some pork slapping

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Seeing a lot of nude afk dudes standing in the middle of nowhere, maybe people botting points but i took the bait and got headshotted trying to kill one

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i am now 100hrs into the game where did all that time go

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
had a couple of cool moments with the crossbow but I won't be picking it up again. I had my back to the blue on a hill, saw someone, put a bolt in them, and they didn't react. I was about 15 feet away and they had no fucknig clue where I was. ducked back behind my tree to reload, popped out, shot him again, and his friend came up the hill and shot me. the dude I shot twice was still alive but easily finished off with my AR. fuckin dumb that you can hit someone with two bolts and they will live but five shots to the knee with a Vector will kill them instantly.

In another solo game I found the crossbow in the sunken city and made that city my loving castle--I got a couple of really cool completely stealth kills with it after stalking people through the city. still died to the blue eventually but that was a really cool experience.

The only other circumstance I can imagine using it is in a squad game where a couple of you have it. if you can be completely stealthy and line someone up with 3 bolts at once they'll go down immediately. but hten you're destroying either your long or clsoe range firepower. needs a buff IMO

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 23, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I just died to the redzone for the first time in 100 hours after running around in them worry free

feels bad

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

If xbow could ignore armor I could see that it would be worth it. But :realism:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Just died in the blue zone because I waited just half a second too long to use my first aid kit. I had a silenced SKS and a M16, too. :negative:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This last patch made the scar significantly more stable and the m416 isn't the god tier that it once was

The m16 is imo the best because the burst is incredibly stable and with a 4x or 8x you can do the Will of God from almost any range

Pimped scar with 686 or pimped uzi/UMP is the primo kit, you have your long range and you have your short range. Last night in squads I singlehandedly wiped out a four man squad with an ump from behind a tree while they kept peeking out of a house at my unarmed squad and it was glorious

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I haven't tried Duo or Squad. If anybody wants to add me, feel free. Same name on steam.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lady Galaga posted:

Seeing a lot of nude afk dudes standing in the middle of nowhere, maybe people botting points but i took the bait and got headshotted trying to kill one

I really don't understand why anyone would want to afk for points. All the points do is help play pretty pony princess dress up, and the highest tier stuff is all edgelord poo poo like the gas masks and black trenchcoats. I'm having more fun running around in my default gear as Mike the Murderous Accountant than cosplaying a Fallout character.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Teaming is kind of in the spirit of Battle Royale atleast from the movie perspective, but I guess it would be lame if people are intentionally trying to get in the same game instead of organically deciding to team up in the moment.

Just IMO.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
The entire tone of the game would need to be built around uneasy alliances for mid-match teaming to be acceptable to players. Or at the very least not having team queues.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I really don't understand why anyone would want to afk for points. All the points do is help play pretty pony princess dress up, and the highest tier stuff is all edgelord poo poo like the gas masks and black trenchcoats. I'm having more fun running around in my default gear as Mike the Murderous Accountant than cosplaying a Fallout character.

The trench coat and scarf don't even come in pioneer crates

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

If they made proxchat better then they could probably get that kind of thing going, but as it stands it's too hard to talk to people around you.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I really don't understand why anyone would want to afk for points.

Steam pennies.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

For me pressing t is followed by me shouting GET BACK HERE YOU FUCKIN PUSS and then punching someone in the head

Also fun is begging for mercy while knocked out then shouting "WOW RUDE WHAT WILL MY GHOST TELL MY WIFE" and other assorted post death tirades

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Just got my first chicken dinner (in any mode) playing duos with a good buddy. We had a terrible start, holed up in Rozhok with a shotgun and an AR while WWIII was going on outside. By the time we headed West for the next circle, we had ARs, but under 20 rounds each. We got lucky coming across dead players though, and ended up with ACOGs and 5 kills each at the final circle which was centred on a small compound just East of Geogorpol. We were out in the open, but the guys in the compound had to leave it because of the circle. Still buzzing from the rush. :)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The number of people who will kill someone with a massive burst of gunfire and then immediately run for the box in the middle of an open area is staggering, especially after a couple ring restrictions. Whatever is in that box isn't worth dying for.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The number of people who will kill someone with a massive burst of gunfire and then immediately run for the box in the middle of an open area is staggering, especially after a couple ring restrictions. Whatever is in that box isn't worth dying for.

:caro:

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I pretty much exclusively use that box to kill adventurous idiots just kidding I die to it all the time like the impulsive dolt I am

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Ostentatious posted:

It must loving suck to be my character what with not wearing any shoes like some loving degenerate

I think this unironically has advantages now that they fixed some of the footstep audio

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

causticBeet posted:

I think this unironically has advantages now that they fixed some of the footstep audio

It's really situational. For the most part I think that going barefoot you have a small advantage with the meat slapping sound, but there are a few ground audio spots that are a little bit louder. I don't remember them off the top of my head though.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

is it normal over 50 games to have never seen a sniper rifle?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Efexeye posted:

Spawns are hosed up right now, so if all of those games were after the most recent patch, it's not that surprising.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Efexeye posted:

I've never seen an AWM, DMR or an M24 either but Kars and SKSs are not that rare.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I've never seen an AWM, DMR or an M24 either but Kars and SKSs are not that rare.

The AWM and M24 are only available in those random air crates that drop. The DMR is a weapon type afaik the SKS is the only one in that category atm.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I tried the barefoot thing for a couple of rounds and the crouch walk sound is the same as if you're wearing shoes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

We had two groups of three that coordinated, hitting the Start button at the same time. We met up at the start to make sure we got in the same game, then sealed off Discord channels and vowed to murder the other team no matter what.

My team died super early after getting a load of good stuff. Motorcycle flipping is no joke.

I do wish duo and squad games gave more points. Getting a pittance of one hundred points for third place in a squad game, while getting 4-500 or whatever for solo just feels like a waste. You already have to split up loot and can easily get insta gibbed by a full group that sees one of you

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why do the shadows appear when within 100 feet or so ? Even on ultra they pop in. It always makes me think I'm about to get hit by an airplane.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So far my best solo game, consisted of me finding nothing but a 686 with choke+loops and level 1 armor/back pack and making it to the final 3 with 5 kills. :psyduck:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Whats the ideal 2 weapon setup? Rifle + Shotgun? Double Rifle?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

jonathan posted:

Why do the shadows appear when within 100 feet or so ? Even on ultra they pop in. It always makes me think I'm about to get hit by an airplane.

I had a similar problem with lighting inside, especially in the halls of the school. I always feel like the shadows are moving because someone's about to turn a corner or something.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:qq:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJG4I3GPJ54
:qq:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Jerkface posted:

depends. Dont write off smgs completely the ump still owns

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

:aslol: We had something similar happen last night. Someone tried to throw one out the window of the car and it just kinda landed in the car and killed us all.

It's the first time I've seen someone killed with a grenade :allears: (they're terrible)

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Jerkface posted:

Uzi + Rifle.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Jerkface posted:

I usually loot until I have the minimum:

Minimal setup:
S1897 + Choke (Ammo: 15)
AKM/M16 +Reddot (Ammo 60)
Level 1 Backpack
Level 2 Helmet
Level 2 Armor
2 First Aid
2 Energy drink
1 Painkiller
Dacia

Perfect Setup
S12K + Extended Mag (Ammo 32)
M416 + Quickdraw, ACOG, Red dot, Vertical, Compensator, (Ammo 120)
Level 2 Backpack
Level 3 Helmet
Level 3 Armor
1 Medkit
X First Aid
X Energy
X Painkiller
Dacia

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Yodzilla posted:

:aslol: We had something similar happen last night. Someone tried to throw one out the window of the car and it just kinda landed in the car and killed us all.

It's the first time I've seen someone killed with a grenade :allears: (they're terrible)

That vid is hosed up and throwing nades into small windows is really clunky at best, but i've gotten many many kills with nades and in my opinion they Are Good. flashes seem pretty useless but transitioning into looting and remembering to use frags for assaulting small rooms/downed players and smokes for pushes and rezzing in the final circles is super useful.

I think my ideal setup with non-carepackage gear is:
Tricked out M4 with 2x
SKS with 8x and compensator
1-2 frags
2-3 smokes

the idea is that my main gun can go full auto for pushes in a pinch, i really can't use the burst m16 for poo poo, i find the vertical recoil on burst fire absolutely awful and almost always end up whiffing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Just give me a Dacia and a level 3 helmet, then pray for the rest of the server.

• Locked thread