Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

CubicalSucrose posted:

According to the schedule., when will I be able to buy back in to steal backers' space-chariots?

Just went to the website and it says I can play now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

TheAgent posted:

here's also a neat video about how bad the server side things are for SC right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwVVi6weKQ

Lol

2.6.1 got worse.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The whole thread is nothing but speculation, wishful thinking, and self delusion. So a typical SC thread.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Snackbar posted:

I love that Tommy Wiseau managed to release a completed product and that he got to pretend to be a Hollywood director without resorting to a crowdfunding scam. Lol at Chris Roberts - Star Citizen is more incompetently made than The Room.

He may not have crowdfunded it, but Tommy Wiseau probably hijacked a plane in the '70s to raise his money.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sunswipe posted:

He may not have crowdfunded it, but Tommy Wiseau probably hijacked a plane in the '70s to raise his money.

Still more ethical and legal than CIG's antics the last 5 years.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/855884000195379201
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/855980321204035585

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MinorInconvenience posted:

This is literally unbelievable. If it's true, there is an untapped and unprecedented market of wealthy morons just waiting for another new impossible dream. We got some smart people here. Can't we come up with the next big scam to suck money out of the veritable army of idiots that CIG has uncovered?

1) It's not true

2) It's mostly money laundering

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Now that would be a community

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Banu spotted.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Hobold posted:

Bring Back Tie Fighter

Hobold posted:

Bring Back Tie Fighter

Hobold posted:

Bring Back Tie Fighter Bring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie FighterBring Back Tie Fighter

But NOT gently caress IT UP!

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Fargin Icehole posted:

But NOT gently caress IT UP!

Disney killed LucasArts. Best to let the dead lie and keep our fond memories intact.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

:gary:

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

:dawkins101:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

$425 from someone who has to save it $15 a month. I hope he doesn't have kids.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Looks like whoever created that "How can the possibly make all those planets for launch?" thread, saw me tweet a link to my post earlier today.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 23, 2017

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Looks like whoever created that "How can the possibly make all those planets for launch?" thread, saw me tweet a link to my post earlier today.
You're wrong again Derek. After they fix their pipelines it will only take a single designer a single day to create a fully immersive and realistic planet.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
Probably my favourite thing about star citizen isn't all the bugs and delays, it's that CIG's made so many contradictory promises over the years that the final game couldn't possibly make all the backers happy even if it came out tomorrow.

Like how it will have 100 starsystems, which is totally an achievable goal because they'll be procedurally generated! Oh, but also, they'll all be unique and interesting to explore. A dev can make a full-size system in a month - more than all of the content CIG's put out in 5 years - and also, all the systems will have their own flourishing economy full of NPCs and trading and job opportunities. And of course, none of this will be boring and repetitive and same-y at all.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

thatguy posted:

You're wrong again Derek. After they fix their pipelines it will only take a single designer a single day to create a fully immersive and realistic planet.

Just gotta unclog those pipelines.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Anyone actually read Derek's blog?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Kellanved posted:

I have his July blog tattooed across my back.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Kellanved posted:

Did anyone actually read the Unabomber's manifesto?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Guy DeBorgore posted:

Probably my favourite thing about star citizen isn't all the bugs and delays, it's that CIG's made so many contradictory promises over the years that the final game couldn't possibly make all the backers happy even if it came out tomorrow.

Like how it will have 100 starsystems, which is totally an achievable goal because they'll be procedurally generated! Oh, but also, they'll all be unique and interesting to explore. A dev can make a full-size system in a month - more than all of the content CIG's put out in 5 years - and also, all the systems will have their own flourishing economy full of NPCs and trading and job opportunities. And of course, none of this will be boring and repetitive and same-y at all.

This is what worries me. Star Citizen will be too big of a game for you to experience in your lifetime! Each of those 100 systems (not to mention the extra, secret systems) and their countless planets EACH have an Earth+ worth of archaeological treasures, unique flora and fauna, and breathtaking, fantastic, 100% realistic vistas. There's no way any one human can truly experience the complete depth and immersion of Star Citizen. Right now, we could all settle on the same moon and never see each other. The 'verse is that big. We'll be so busy exploring on our own and becoming famous in our own right, with people documenting our fame from their space news vans, nobody will be able to risk griefing us without getting a huge bounty put on their heads. Can't wait for 3.0!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

thatguy posted:

I have his July blog tattooed across my heart.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

thatguy posted:

There is no way a goon is that ripped.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

There is no way a goon is that ripped.

lol :grin:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thatguy posted:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Help I'm being doxxed!
Mods??? FYAD??? Booourns???

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Kellanved posted:

I do because I like the way Derek pushes the links out every time his soft delicate tickling hands touch the keyboard. I also like to think it helps his hate boner grow slightly firmer and sturdier with each click.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Wait let me see if I'm doing this right... can you Archer your own previous work that you don't own the rights to any more?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DarkRefreshment posted:

Wait let me see if I'm doing this right... can you Archer your own previous work that you don't own the rights to any more?

It's a lot worse than you think. Ever heard of the game, WipeOut? No? Look it up.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Priorities for 3.0...

With less that two months until 3.0 is scheduled to reach Evocati, do CIG have enough time to setup the Icon pipeline and create such a thing? Will Subsumption be needed?

:derp:

e: catte icon

Quavers fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 23, 2017

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

It's a lot worse than you think. Ever heard of the game, WipeOut? No? Look it up.

Yeah I just saw that Reddit post and no one is talking about the rip off. Just how cool it is. :commissar:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

My girlfriend wants this on a T-shirt. :(

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

D_Smart posted:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Oh of Pleasure

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I wonder what Gary Oldman thinks of all this

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

That's a bit of a stretch but I think the fact CR .... "Self-Archered"? with the Dralthi, is a little, how do you say, unimaginative?