Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I can't believe the PC version of the game got Exclusive Bonus Heroes The Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer, what a great benefit Gazillion has granted us as loyal Marvel Heroes loyalists for our loyalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Nice to see where everyones money and their development time has been going for the last 6 months, too bad its just as much of janky clunky mess as the PC version with the bonus of they hosed around with tags/power/gearing types so its probably going to be worse.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

iuvian posted:

Nice to see where everyones money and their development time has been going for the last 6 months, too bad its just as much of janky clunky mess as the PC version with the bonus of they hosed around with tags/power/gearing types so its probably going to be worse.
insightful

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Log in today to discover item chest they gave me up to 1400 eternity shards. Use them to get about 5 new Heroes. Not a bad deal.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is switching to ilevel 66 worth going from fight to str on a catalyst?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Marvel Heroes has a ton of problems if youre a crazy endgame grind person but lets be real, its going to be a lot of fun on the console version to play the story mode with friends even with the smaller roster compared to the PC version. Especially for people who didn't play the PC version at all and don't know they're missing out on a bunch of characters and stuff

It's Ultimate Alliance with more characters, more powers, more build options, more interesting gearing, and a shared world. the only problem it has from a normal person's standpoint is there's no local four player co-op

If I hadn't already played over 1500 hours on the PC version I'd be hyped as hell for the console release

any new console (or even PC) people who are being scared away by the hardcore folks from giving the game a try: we are all crazy, you will never even encounter the issues we're bothered by, you will probably like the game a lot and should give it a shot.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm the right kind of crazy that i want to grind in closed beta even though i played on pc for 2000 hours and my closed beta progress will be wiped

i love leveling

also i will probably end up buying all 5 founders pack before release comes around

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Weird how iconic Fantastic Four ally The Watcher and iconic Fantastic Four villain Doctor Doom are in the intro but none of the Fantastic Four bothered to show up for the game.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I've broken 6000 hours played and still think this game is pretty dang fun. I'll never try the console version though. I haven't played console games since the 90's.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ghostlight posted:

Weird how iconic Fantastic Four ally The Watcher and iconic Fantastic Four villain Doctor Doom are in the intro but none of the Fantastic Four bothered to show up for the game.

they're busy not having a comic book series or appearing in any movies or merchandise

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm not paying money for a founders pack after buying two advance packs on PC but I will sure as hell grind for everyone on PS4.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malhavok posted:

Is switching to ilevel 66 worth going from fight to str on a catalyst?

I assume you mean going from a main stat that gives you damage to one that doesn't. Then no.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I assume you mean going from a main stat that gives you damage to one that doesn't. Then no.

No i mean going from a main stat that gives crit rating to a main stat that doesn't in order to get a small bump to the rolled affixes.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I'm not gonna play this on pc or ps4

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Some people picked up this game solely for Benjamin J Grimm, aka the Thing. This is the worst censoring in modern history.

He has the fighting spirit all men should strive for, and never gives up. Never.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malhavok posted:

No i mean going from a main stat that gives crit rating to a main stat that doesn't in order to get a small bump to the rolled affixes.

Then yes. Get that i66 cdr affix

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The way that local co-op works on the console is that you essentially share the main account, you are using and leveling the heroes unlocked on that account and all loot goes to it.

Which I guess should be fine if you are just casually punching things as a new player.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kainser posted:

The way that local co-op works on the console is that you essentially share the main account, you are using and leveling the heroes unlocked on that account and all loot goes to it.

Which I guess should be fine if you are just casually punching things as a new player.

you can cosmic two characters at once

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Kainser posted:

That actually seems awesome.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it is actually very awesome, essentially play two characters on the same account simultaneously. you can level multiple characters at once. and, for insane weirdos who will put a shitload of time into the game, you have an incentive to gear up multiple characters for friends to play.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No way for 2 Wolverines though.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

malhavok posted:

In other news having an event revolve around ICP is a good way to drive people to quit. I got to 300 of the currency before i couldn't handle it anymore.

I prestiged punisher twice and levelled war machine, and still only have about 1100. FML.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

The unexpected success of the Thing Burger has reignited this bitter war between giants and I believe only the power of the Thing Burger can solve it.

We can only hope and wait for the signing of the peace treaty at the nation's first Denny's, table 1 preferably a booth, between Fox and Disney. To celebrate such an occasion of peace, they will share the first Thing Burger to be cooked following its permanent reinstatement on the Denny's menu.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

lovely Wizard posted:

Some people picked up this game solely for Benjamin J Grimm, aka the Thing. This is the worst censoring in modern history.

He has the fighting spirit all men should strive for, and never gives up. Never.

God, Thing really is the fuckin worst.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Mephiston posted:

I prestiged punisher twice and levelled war machine, and still only have about 1100. FML.

I'm almost ready to buy my second, but my first was a Taskmaster Guide that didn't even come with a cosmic affix. Would not recommend.

e: Oh wow, was actually at 1197 when I posted this. I knew I was on the second stack but didn't realize it was this close to more disappointment!

e2:

Was not prepared for this level of disappointment.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 23, 2017

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

God, Thing really is the fuckin worst.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentVapor posted:

The Hero synergy XP bonus does work differently in Omega; I may be remembering the values wrong, but I believe that it is 10% bonus XP per level 60 Hero in your roster, up to a maximum of 100% bonus XP.
Never cosmic, especially not on console.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hrm. i am somewhat bummed out by that because doing 1-60 in under 2 hours with no boosts was fun.

but 100% is reasonable

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
thing rules and if you disagree you are actually wrong hope this helps

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the wiz kalifa song where paul walker drives his car away into the afterlife but instead its ben grimm in a comically undersized flying car

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Leowyld:
"Sorry to derail again... but I have decided. I am going to play Rocket at level 10 until I earn 200 splinters. Subway runs, I guess. It's a bit crazy, I guess, but if that's what I have to do, that's what I have to do."

Loves Rocket Racoon, won't buy him as he costs 600 splinters and you only get 400 for completing the raft. Sounds legit.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

leo is too good for this world

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Giedroyc posted:

Leowyld:
"Sorry to derail again... but I have decided. I am going to play Rocket at level 10 until I earn 200 splinters. Subway runs, I guess. It's a bit crazy, I guess, but if that's what I have to do, that's what I have to do."

Loves Rocket Racoon, won't buy him as he costs 600 splinters and you only get 400 for completing the raft. Sounds legit.

He does that because he knows Mr Gaz will cave and buy him RR or somebody else will for him. Smart play.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

no way man leo is a saint and is pure of heart

cams
Mar 28, 2003

anyone who got to 60 able to rank up a legendary? did a bunch of grinding with 5x xp and could not get to rank one, and there's no progress bar. will probably take a break from my beta grinding if i can't level them up

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

He does that because he knows Mr Gaz will cave and buy him RR or somebody else will for him. Smart play.

Can you gift things in the PS4 version? Also can we gift him something if we don't have a PSN account?

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
I don't even know a single game that you can gift within a game on PSN. PSN architecture is a giant piece of poo poo. Due to their archaic design from the get-go, you still cannot gift any PSN stuff after 10 years

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Racons always scamming the garbage

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So I've got 700-ish splinters left over and haven't played in months. What characters are actually fun/not preparing to be nerfed into non-existence?

So far I'm looking at Nightcrawler, Ultron, or Doctor Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

So, I know earlier this year people were joking about Omega items, etc. coming in 2018 or anytime except this year, but given what is going on with console release and their silence regarding anything PC related, those estimates don't seem that far off anymore.

It is interesting seeing the differences between the console and PC version though.