Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
man wheres my true crime and weird vhs dudes at, my two things just collided. i was on youtube watching occult demon cassette's channel whiel i play wow and the sidebar had a link to SOS, a bizarre japanese christian propaganda musical video that Red Letter Media covered once. this part is cool, i've been wanting to watch it for a while but SOS is a real vague thing to search for

the part that isn't cool is realizing that it was made by the family international, noted cult of child molesters! that's weird!

anyway here's a ytotd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLyVqjGVYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

man wheres my true crime and weird vhs dudes at, my two things just collided. i was on youtube watching occult demon cassette's channel whiel i play wow and the sidebar had a link to SOS, a bizarre japanese christian propaganda musical video that Red Letter Media covered once. this part is cool, i've been wanting to watch it for a while but SOS is a real vague thing to search for

the part that isn't cool is realizing that it was made by the family international, noted cult of child molesters! that's weird!

The song is so catchy tho.

S-O-S! Deebedee da da da deebedee

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm confused, this cat doesn't look shady and/or like it's so above your poo poo. Is it real?

My own cat isn't shady either, just kind of confused.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I'm jealous of the cat havers.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

That is such a Good Cat

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

?????????
Confused cats??

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Cats? Cats!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

CatChat:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Speaking of shady cats, here's my friend's neighbour's cat who basically decided she loves my friend more, Shady, shown here defending her babies.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
I found a noble treecat

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

So I never saw that movie outside of the hilarious basketball scene and jesus what fetishwear shop did they commission that costume from?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I don't like cats or Army of Darkness.

Worse than Hitler?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Worse than Hitler?

Hitler was more of a dog person as well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Worse than Hitler?

This guy's gonna come for you in the dark of night.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

She loves to get affectionate minutes before I have to leave for anywhere.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

chat chat:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Now that's a version of Iron Fist I'd watch.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
My housemates have just adopted a cat and me rules

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Don't dox me.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm watching Jurassic Park for the first time in 20 years and my God is there some beautiful blocking going on in the brontosaurus reveal scene

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here's my cat in a hotel

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Jenny Angel posted:

I'm watching Jurassic Park for the first time in 20 years and my God is there some beautiful blocking going on in the brontosaurus reveal scene

In retrospect the best part of that is Laura Dern's expression.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Couple cats hangin out in the kitchen.

SimonCat fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 24, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress the app has a new logo and now the reply screen tells you what thread you're posting in! Nice!

Oh my god it has emotes.

This is so great.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I have no cat so here is my sister's at our parents':

She is very pretty and she knows it. She's also a ragdoll.

quote:

According to the organization Ragdolls of Texas, Baker’s claims got even stranger. “As time went on, Ms. Baker’s representations about the breed became unusual and unbelievable. She published information in great detail stating Ragdoll cats have human genes, are immune to pain and they represent a link between humans and space aliens,” states Ragdolls of Texas.
Ragdolls are weird. There are also tales that they are crossbred with raccoons. It's either raccoons or humans. We're so similar.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Is anyone watching Feud?I read that John Waters plays William Castle & now i feel like i should watch it

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Bear with me, because I'm going to use a lot of words to talk about a movie that doesn't deserve it.

There's a better movie (if shorter and more ambiguous) in Phoenix Forgotten, and it's the film's framing story. A young woman returns home to film a documentary about her brother and his strange dissapearance (along with two others) who went out to find things about the Phoenix Lights, having found out where they might show up. While doing this documentary, she realizes that there might've been another camera/tape that he borrowed from his high school, but the trail goes cold. Until they find another camera locked away in a school closet, and as she begins to watch it, we cut to her in a haze. She manages to get an interview with someone from the area's Air Force base, who begs her simply to not release it. The movie would've ended with the scene where the young woman's partner asks her what she's going to do. Would it have had to have been a indie short film where the writer takes the lazy way out and leaves both the tapes and the resolution up in the air? Sure, but hey, indie short films do that kind of poo poo all the time.

Instead, we never get back to that story. It ends, and we get a rather generic Blair Witch story. The three kids walk around for a while, until it gets dark. They see some bright lights and horrifically loud sounds and wind gusts, and then decide it's time to leave. They get to the car (more difficult than it sounds, because their compass doesn't work!) and the same lights/sounds/wind chases them until their car dies. They decide to walk to get help, and they begin to experience symptoms of radiation sickness along the way. Two of the kids run off, hearing things that don't exist, and vanish in turn. The third kid gets a half-hearted look at what the Thing That Hates Them is - a massive Ezekiel's Wheel - before being sucked away.

And here's the funny part: it's actually not all that bad. It, too, could've been an interesting cold-opening short film, if an entirely unoriginal one. Hell, it might've been better without the backstory afforded by the framing story - just three kids hanging out, and poo poo goes bad. To its credit, there's no Blair Witch-style time alteration going on. Events have to be kept at a brisk pace, leaving the film devoid of the cliched infighting or love triangles (there's a little scene where one of the guys tries to sabotage any attempt at the other guy from hooking up with the girl) that would've otherwise been in the film. Of course, it's not there because this part of the film is perfunctory. It exists because a what-happened movie needs a This Happened scene.

So when this is on Netflix, watch until the second part of the movie plays.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hat Thoughts posted:

Is anyone watching Feud?I read that John Waters plays William Castle & now i feel like i should watch it

It depends on your feelings about Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon. If you're into any of them then give it a shot. Lange and Sarandon are amazing, obviously, and the ways Lange can say "gently caress" is an untapped natural resource.

It's my second-favourite Ryan Murphy Anthology season after The People v OJ Simpson, barely muscling ahead of Asylum.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Over the weekend, I started wondering how now, in the year 2017, does Susan Sarandon feel about playing in Pretty Baby.

Really, I wonder how anyone from that production feels.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Here's my other cat taking some naps.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Made a Tinder yesterday and i made it 45 mins before i deleted it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My okcupid answers are too woke and I keep getting matched with sapiosexual aromantic non-binaries in open relationships.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Lurdiak posted:

My okcupid answers are too woke and I keep getting matched with sapiosexual aromantic non-binaries in open relationships.

Truly, being woke is a great curse.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Blisster posted:

Truly, being woke is a great curse.

I bear this cross willingly and with humility.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Speaking of being "woke" I started making coffee with an electric kettle and french press after my ex-wife took the Keurig. This is seriously the best drat coffee I've had in my own home. gently caress Keurig.

Also, The Baron of Arizona is dope.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Keurig coffee is awful. Aeropress erry day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Keurigs have always been bad, the coffee tastes like hot cardboard water, for many people the convenience justifies the taste.

• Locked thread