Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Rhyno posted:

She said yes!

Please no Facebook shout outs yet, we're trying to get ahold of a few family members first!

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Rhyno posted:

She said yes!

Please no Facebook shout outs yet, we're trying to get ahold of a few family members first!

Congrats Rhyno!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

She said yes!

Congrats man!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

She said yes!

LOL you're engaged. :laugh:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

About damned time.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wooo!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Those traps are so effective. Grats, Rhyno! Now honeymoon to a place where you'd like to move that isn't Indiana. :)

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Congratulations Rhyno!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yaaaay rhyno!

Anyone ever see super aggro crag post anywhere? I want to ask him about genesis'.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Way to go! Glad C2E2 was enough to butter her up!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She said yes!

Congrats buddy!

Now you gotta lose more weight before the wedding lol

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Cage posted:

Yaaaay rhyno!

Anyone ever see super aggro crag post anywhere? I want to ask him about genesis'.

He gets run off most times he posts. I know the 2nd gen was a big step up in quality and power compared to gen 1. Most are proving reliable outside of autos having slightly crunchy transmissions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks guys!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hey Motronic when are you gonna make another AC thread i have a bunch of questions :3:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

There's an electrical thread in diy.

Congrats Rhyno! (come to sc we have real bbq)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
congrats rhyno!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Thanks guys!

The best part is that you can stop exercising again!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Seminal Flu posted:

The best part is that you can stop exercising again!

Sex on the floor is better when you arent a fatass tho.

Congratulations Mr Rhyno is a Jerk :D

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Hey Motronic when are you gonna make another AC thread i have a bunch of questions :3:

It's back on page 6, but the old thread is still around.

Speaking of people we haven't seen around recently, has kastein been posting? I got so used to seeing him around every thread, but I don't think I've seen him post recently. His smackdowns are always both entertaining and educational.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

He's on facebook a lot. Maybe his house is consuming all his somethingawful time now that the weather is nice?

e. His last post on SA was less than a week ago; in AI about two weeks ago.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 24, 2017

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Yay for Rhyno! I may find myself asking the same question soon too.

Cage posted:

I think I've seen him post in Something Offal. Try PMing him?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I think the old one is still around. There's also a general AC thread in DIY.

I will also be happy to answer any questions you have

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Raluek posted:

Speaking of people we haven't seen around recently, has kastein been posting? I got so used to seeing him around every thread, but I don't think I've seen him post recently. His smackdowns are always both entertaining and educational.

He posted on his house building thread about an hour ago in DIY. My guess is that project is keeping him fairly busy.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

a/c is easy. you put the coolant, you turn the spinamathing, cold comes out

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Sex on the floor is better when you arent a fatass tho.

Congratulations Mr Rhyno is a Jerk :D

Maybe for the benefit of those that live in the apartment below you. gently caress em! :D

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So a Toyota dealer about 10 minutes from me raffled off a 94 Supra.

... the sales manager's wife won, and the internet is up in arms about it. Also, while proceeds from the ticket sales went to charity, the car was donated for the raffle, and the sales manager is now trying to sell the car on ebay (edit: was.. listing has been pulled)

What was the popcorn smile again?

This is why you don't let employees or their family participate in sweepstakes, raffles, drawings, etc - even if nothing nefarious is going on, that dealer's reputation is hosed for awhile.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 24, 2017

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

:munch:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:suspense: is the better version.

For family movie night we watched March of the Penguins which is on Hulu Plus right now. Hot takes:

Morgan Freeman can narrate anything. His voice is like the sound of flowing milk
Emperor penguins are badass at every single thing and show how much better they are at parenting.
Penguin chicks :3:

Seriously good and worth watching for a chill nature flick.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

KakerMix posted:

Gosh I just want every one

$5600 bucks is just too much after that Hijet otherwise I'd totally get this one too.

I am probably legitimately bigger than that car but it is adorable.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

I think the old one is still around. There's also a general AC thread in DIY.

I will also be happy to answer any questions you have

my problem is my Scion's compressor won't kick on right away, only after I turn the a/c on and off a few times. Some car a/c guy I talked to said it's probably the compressor relay, but rockauto is only showing an a/c clutch switch, no relays related to the a/c and I can't find any in the car.

Anything else that could possibly keep compressor from turning on right away? I checked the refrigerant and it's good, blows cold when the compressor is eventually on.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 24, 2017

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Nice job Rhyno, go get that Yaris.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

my problem is my Scion's compressor won't kick on right away, only after I turn the a/c on and off a few times. Some car a/c guy I talked to said it's probably the compressor relay, but rockauto is only showing an a/c clutch switch, no relays related to the a/c and I can't find any in the car.

Anything else that could possibly keep compressor from turning on right away? I checked the refrigerant and it's good, blows cold when the compressor is eventually on.

I have never heard of or seen any modern car without a relay for the compressor. There's nothing labeled AC in the fusebox other than an actual fuse?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nope, unless there's another box I don't know about. All the relays in box under the hood are for fans and what I think is ignition (just a number for the location). Unless "fan" means compressor, I don't know, there's three relays labeled just "fan".

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Seminal Flu posted:

About damned time.
Truth.

I signed up for a moto track day at THill. I've had my bike for about 3 weeks. Not sure if smart or stupid...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Finally got around to watching "Batman V Superman", thanks to a free HBO weekend.
I was more than satisfied with the movie. they definitely got the visuals right - they did one hell of a job of capturing the look and feel of "The Dark Night Returns", right down to Frank Miller's chunky bat-suit designs. Pretty good dynamic fights. Wonder Woman was awesome. Interesting that they chose to reverse who dies, but that's the setup for Justice League.

Now on to "X-Men: Apocalypse", because I need to collect the whole set, I guess. "Logan" was awesome, BTW.
Also recorded "The Last Witch hunter" and "Independence Day: Resurgence", because free. Will likely watch once and never again. Oh, and "The Golden Compass" because it happened to be on the schedule, and I've not seen it.

What the hell. I'm not working right now, might as well catch up on some media consumption (between doing projects around the house I've put off for too long.)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
A new 5 year old niece pretty much enforces me to learn about Shopkins and My Little Pony.

The girls section of a toy store is a rather weird place that until now I knew nothing of

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Now that I have a 5 year old girl and a 3 year old boy (holy poo poo 3 year olds are pure evil tantrum machines), I am also becoming familiar with the strange areas of to stores.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Hooray, my brand new roof sprung a leak in the torrential rain last night. Chimney flashing looks like. Fortunately is leaking through already fubar sheetrock cause it leaked there before, on to concrete in my awful closed in former carport.

Contracted the roofer and he's supposed to come repair it today. No use getting mad about it but ugh.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Well that is not how I saw tonight got going. Got home after work, exhausted. Text from flatmate who on the way to the airport realised she forgot her passport.

Her timing was exquisite. Even 5 minutes later and she was not getting on a plane. I felt like Clive Owen in a BMW ad. Except in a grandma Corolla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay so I've been fighting the most nightmarish battle of my adult era.

It's been warming up quickly in Phoenix, and I've gotten into the habit of drunkenly mowing the lawn in the middle of the night (push mower, don't worry about the neighbors). However, two weeks ago, I went out with my headlamp and push mower as usual, and noticed that the ground underneath the fallen leaves was...moving.

Cockroaches! Thousands of them! The entire yard, especially on one side of the house, was a carpet of cockroaches. Terrifying! I ended up running inside, and pondering my options. I mean, I had seen one or two before, in the garage when turning on the light, but I thought a bug-bomb had taken care of them. Apparently not. There is a tree that, in this season, is dropping tiny leaves all over the lawn, and also apparently, dead/dying leaves are the perfect environment for them.

Two nights ago, I had one crawl over my arm while in the bedroom, right after doing an adult activity. I lost. my. poo poo.

The past two days, I have spent $200 or so at Home Depot and other places, buying boric acid powder, sprays, fumigators, and poison pills. I also bought two different bags of insecticide, and a little crank-powered fertilizer spreader.

I spread the two types of insecticide all around the house, put boric acid piles in all the inside and outside corners of every room and the exterior wall, lined the windowsills and door sills with the same boric acid, and put the clear gel-type poison all around the edges of every cabinet and appliance in the kitchen. I also threw those (I'm assuming boric acid and permetherin) bait/poison pills in the backs of every drawer and cabinet, and also behind every appliance.

The past 48 hours have been a shitshow. Starting that night, every insect, including cockroach, has attempted to take refuge inside the house. I saw cockroaches (read: multiple within 20 minutes) scurry across the concrete rear patio, in broad daylight in the open, straight for the rear house wall. This morning, I swept maybe 200 dead cockroaches from the rear patio concrete into a big pile of boric acid powder, and this afternoon I did the same to another 50. Tonight, right now, 6 hours later, there are maybe 50 more dead on the rear patio alone. I have killed maybe 10 earwigs or earwig-style bugs on the living room wall. There are spiders in every room. Last night, 18 hours after application of the insecticide, there was an arizona bark scorpion that came of of the ceiling vent in the kids' room.

My life is a living hell.

• Locked thread