Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Basticle posted:

"what does jenson button think about coming back for what is probably his final grand prix?"

"well.........not super excited...."

He is driving the Mclaren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I don't know who Townsend Bell is exactly but I absolutely hate everything about him.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So you do know.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

I don't know who Townsend Bell is exactly but I absolutely hate everything about him.

And I've watched him race for years and hate everything about him. So you got the correct first impression.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

Nothing wrong with that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The only thing you need to know about IndyCar is that Ryan Hunter-Reay is a top top world-class driver and Helio Castroneves is a Brazilian fraud with no championships.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

NtotheTC posted:

Watching the press conference Alonso didn't look at all excited or happy to be there. I think it's hit home that running the 500 involves being in the US for extended periods of time.

I wonder if this had anything to do with it http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/11-year-old-karting-driver-dies-following-wreck-at-fern-1794577527

:smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You will be shocked to hear that Marc Marquez won the MotoGP race at Austin again.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The only thing you need to know about IndyCar is that Ryan Hunter-Reay is a top top world-class driver and Helio Castroneves is a Brazilian fraud with no championships.

:barf:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You will be shocked to hear that Marc Marquez won the MotoGP race at Austin again.

Thanks...Now I won't watch the 1am recording I had lined up :/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Halo14 posted:

Don't go online if you have races to watch.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The IndyCar thread is an enjoyable experience. I recommend it to everyone. Seems like a welcoming bunch.

I'd also say give at least one race a gander besides the 500 we're all gonna watch for Alonso.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

Yeah I know. They'll be on at a more reasonable time soon anyway once they're back in Europe. This part of the MotoGP season is annoying.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Halo14 posted:

I'd feel bad about spoilng it but on the other had Marquez has won literally every COTA race from pole, so what's there to spoil, really.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'd feel bad about spoilng it but on the other had Marquez has won literally every COTA race from pole, so what's there to spoil, really.

Was hoping Maverick could continue his form and shake it up but yeah, it's the expected result.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Norns posted:

All racing is good and cool
Even WRC?

Wirth1000 posted:

ugly cars having a time.
Seriously, this Dallara chassis looks like some 1990s concept of "the future"

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Helio Castroneves is a Brazilian fraud with no championships.
What about Our Juan? What sort of Brazilian is he?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

A Colombian Brazilian.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Even WRC?

Seriously, this Dallara chassis looks like some 1990s concept of "the future"

He won Champ, Indy and Champ Indy. Also Nascar i think?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MotoGP is quickly becoming my favorite racing series. The action is just another level above everything else out there right now.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
MotoGP rules

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Also some of the riders have actual personalities. And there are good commentators.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Also some of the riders have actual personalities. And there are good commentators.

Toby & Jules 4 lyfe

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Watching Nando's press conference.

I think he's the only driver in the F1 field that loves racing as a pure concept. Most the drivers I think like the concept of being in F1 or being the F1 WDC, but I think Alonso is the only one who will just go out and race anything.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
"anything" being "a McLaren Honda"

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"anything" being a stock car

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

"anything" being "a McLaren Honda"

You're either an Alonso in a McLaren Honda or you're a Notre Jacques in a BAR Honda.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Watching Nando's press conference.

I think he's the only driver in the F1 field that loves racing as a pure concept. Most the drivers I think like the concept of being in F1 or being the F1 WDC, but I think Alonso is the only one who will just go out and race anything.

I'd argue kimi also qualifies for this given his adventures

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Could you please probate yourself for comparing Kimi to Fernando?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Norns posted:

Could you please probate yourself for comparing Kimi to Fernando?

You're right.
Kimi is far and away the most "pure racer" in the field. Not saying best driver, just saying the one who will hop on a loving Snowmobile, get in a loving Truck or drive a shitbox from Lotus and take it racing is probably the one who is the most "gently caress it, if I'm racing it's good".

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

I'd argue kimi also qualifies for this given his adventures

The only adventures Kimi has involves getting to the bottom of a bottle.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

In all seriousness though I'll give Kimi credit if only for keeping snowmobile racing somewhat alive. I seriously looked at it last fall and it's all but completely dead in North America unfortunately, the only race I could find that wasn't a drag race involved me driving two days to get to.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

In all seriousness though I'll give Kimi credit if only for keeping snowmobile racing somewhat alive. I seriously looked at it last fall and it's all but completely dead in North America unfortunately, the only race I could find that wasn't a drag race involved me driving two days to get to.

:golfclap:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kazuki Nakajima won the first Formula Nippon round at Suzuka. Gasly was 10th.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Kazuki Nakajima won the first Formula Nippon round at Suzuka. Gasly was 10th.

Remember how I said Strudle wasn't doing too hot in Super Formula and now he's poo poo?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The series seems to favour guys who's career is primarily Japan based. Even Kobayashi struggles.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1500quidporsche posted:

You're either an Alonso in a McLaren Honda or you're a Notre Jacques in a BAR Honda.

When Alonso gets his face immortalized in silver, I hope it's right under other Formula One WDC and Indy 500 winner Jacques Villenueve.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Norns posted:

Oh don't be tedious, it's the F1 thread not the MotoGP one and it's not like he even had interesting commentary.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Dudley posted:

Oh don't be tedious, it's the F1 thread not the MotoGP one and it's not like he even had interesting commentary.

People post regularly about MotoGP in here and have for quite some time. :shrug:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I think Feels might have... touched a neuve :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

MotoGP won by a Spaniard.

The only spoiler there is that Rossi didn't win.

• Locked thread