Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Mesadoram posted:

I can't finish any of the LT-15's. It is super frustrating.

This would have smashed LT-15 (I think, is it 6k for the t55?) and I am not even on it :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
drat that would suck if you were trying for the 260 , only a few off of 8k lol but i cant remember maybe its combined dmg+assist

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Agrajag posted:

do you see them reversing the changes to arty in this patch?

stole this from wotlabs forum

this is why i quit for now (because i loved to play the batchat but now arty will just do this to me on the move)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 23, 2017

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
LT-15-1 popped for me when I only had 2100 spotting damage, it was only over 4k with my own damage added on. Not what I expected from the description.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

LT-15 is damage plus assist combined.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I called out an obvious bot platoon: a 41%er, 43%er, and a 38%er. One of them drove off obliviously, the other didn't move from spawn, and the 38%er drove up to me and started bumping/shooting me. It took FIVE loving shots for him to turn blue. Do loving shitters get extra leeway in the TK-punishment system?! By the way, their whole platoon did 502 damage. At tier 8.

Also, anyone noticed contact-range shots disappearing? Twice tonight I've facehugged a tank and the shots don't hit, bounce, or even seem to go right through.

Does anyone know how to make the contour icons appear over tanks on the battlefield? That's the setup that I used to use with OMC modpack (which I'm sorely missing already.) I have the icons I want, and they appear in the player panel, but the stock icons appear over the tanks themselves in the game.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
13 wins, 26 losses today. I've hemorrhaged more than 0.3% of WR since this patch. This loving game

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Barry posted:

13 wins, 26 losses today. I've hemorrhaged more than 0.3% of WR since this patch. This loving game

I for one am happy enough that the stat sites have been broken since the patch.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Also, anyone noticed contact-range shots disappearing? Twice tonight I've facehugged a tank and the shots don't hit, bounce, or even seem to go right through.

I was having weird packet loss issues like that on Friday, and ended up just raging out when I bounced two shots on the side turret on an M103 with a tier 9 light. I wasn't amused. I ended up raging out and quitting even though we won. Earlier that day I managed to hit a slope that was well outside my reticle, and also managed to shoot through a mountain to hit someone, so #blameTelia.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, but I still have a rock solid 62.89% win rate thanks to my secret method for not losing. :smug:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, but I still have a rock solid 62.89% win rate thanks to my secret method for not losing. :smug:

i've played like 15 arti games and won two of them

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I guess the WN8 values for arty is completely up in the blue.
For old LTs that didn't switch a tier and got nerfed, I am guessing WN8 is also going to be weird.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I thought just posting about a game was also considered losing?

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Out of curiosity, do you still need to download a bunch of mods after each patch to get a bunch of basic info in game or did they end up including the stuff that was in those mod packs?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Target Practice posted:

Out of curiosity, do you still need to download a bunch of mods after each patch to get a bunch of basic info in game or did they end up including the stuff that was in those mod packs?

I haven't used mods since 9.15 I think. The only mods you might need are auto-equip, fog remover, and whatever cheaty mods you like. There's a damage panel and hit log built in, a two-tier garage carousel, battle assistant, pretty much everything we'd have needed a mod for two years ago is in. Anyone remember when Wargaming literally couldn't figure out how to include a reload timer in the game, and the first patch they included it it just didn't work? Good times.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
The Wot weekly episode makes it clear that wargaming do not play or understand their own game.

Serious question: Does anyone have a good set of videos or replays on how to help your team win when playing tank destroyers. I feel like the changes to the maps and game design have made it much harder to actually contribute to helping your team win if you don't have a few select good TDs (mobile, turret).

Edit: Originally typed on my phone, fixed up a bit to make it more clear due.

HFX fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 23, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HFX posted:

The Wot weekly episode makes it clear that wargaming do not play or understand their own game.

Serious question: Does anyone have a good set of videos or replays on how to help your team win when playing tank destroyers. I feel like the changes to the maps and game design have made it much harder to actually contribute to helping your team win of you don't have a few select ones.

Turretless TDs? Platoon with good players to carry you and go assault gunning and make sure not to fail to pen a loving Patton with your 704. Trade away 320 of your HP to smack some dude for twice that.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hellsau posted:

I haven't used mods since 9.15 I think. The only mods you might need are auto-equip, fog remover, and whatever cheaty mods you like. There's a damage panel and hit log built in, a two-tier garage carousel, battle assistant, pretty much everything we'd have needed a mod for two years ago is in. Anyone remember when Wargaming literally couldn't figure out how to include a reload timer in the game, and the first patch they included it it just didn't work? Good times.

I'll have you know the pin-up models on my battle results screen are a critical mod wargaming just hasn't integrated yet

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

HFX posted:

Serious question: Does anyone have a good set of videos or replays on how to help your team win when playing tank destroyers. I feel like the changes to the maps and game design have made it much harder to actually contribute to helping your team win of you don't have a few select ones.

Some maps work well for TDs, others don't. The best way I've had luck is following behind the mediums just enough so they can spot the enemy while i might not have them in my immediate view range, i still have them lit on my screen. then just take your opportunities to snipe shots. Sometimes they'll even listen if you tell your team to pull back enough to let the other team poke around corners so they and all the support stuff like TDs can concentrate fire. Unfortunately most of the time everyone's in it for the kill count and won't give a poo poo, at least till the battle's lost and light up the chat about how their suicide charge was perfect and everyone else sucked

Holy poo poo, three artys per side is aggravating. They just pick out a target and start lobbing. So if you play something threatening, you get hosed. They went after my team's O-i till they saw me rack a fourth kill and bam, constant tracking and stunning

On the up side, 3 KV-2s make sacred valley fun as hell as you steam roll the other team's poo poo

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 23, 2017

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This is amazing

quote:

3. ‘You have the option to buy the T95/Chieftain.’

Yes, sure! You got plenty of options in the premium shop! But some of the tanks, like T95 Chieftain, are not available for everyone. They are only for KZW Royalty customers. There are many different standards for becoming a Royalty customer. In general, if you spend CNY equaling €1400, €2800 or €4000 in the premium shop (not only in WoT, other games are included too!), then you will become a bronze, silver or gold customer respectively. There are also many privileges in this game! You can teamkill anyone and phone the customer service to unblock your account instantly! Cool, right?

Oh, China :allears:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
My WoT life in a nutshell:

http://imgur.com/a/ZG8jc

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TowerofOil posted:

U.S. mediums not worth then, got it. Keepin on towards T57 it is.

bear in mind that goons only review tanks based on how good the Tier X is when in reality no one sane actually plays tier X tanks.

The US Medium tree has great tanks in all tiers that culminate in a mediocre tier X. The entire ride to to tier X is very much worth it.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Some maps work well for TDs, others don't. The best way I've had luck is following behind the mediums just enough so they can spot the enemy while i might not have them in my immediate view range, i still have them lit on my screen. then just take your opportunities to snipe shots. Sometimes they'll even listen if you tell your team to pull back enough to let the other team poke around corners so they and all the support stuff like TDs can concentrate fire. Unfortunately most of the time everyone's in it for the kill count and won't give a poo poo, at least till the battle's lost and light up the chat about how their suicide charge was perfect and everyone else sucker

The only way to play a TD is as an assault gun.
Reason why:
Fire support is useless, cause you can't rely on your team to do actual spotting.
Camping is useless since your team will gently caress up and you will be the last to die.

Just had a game on Ruinberg where I had to lead the push in my Obj704 since our Leopard, Emil2 and T57 were to afraid to do anything creative.
3k damage and 2k spotting.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Agrajag posted:

do you see them reversing the changes to arty in this patch?

stole this from wotlabs forum

What are we supposed to be noticing in the screenshot?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

he's real mad over a minor crew debuff

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010

The arty blast on the other side of the mountain from the stun.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The arty hit him through a rock in a place that used to be arty safe.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Hellsau posted:

I really only stats for a general barometer of how well I'm doing and, subsequently, how much I'm actually enjoying playing this game.

e: And my general sanity

Barry fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 23, 2017

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Cardiac posted:

The only way to play a TD is as an assault gun.
Reason why:
Fire support is useless, cause you can't rely on your team to do actual spotting.
Camping is useless since your team will gently caress up and you will be the last to die.

Just had a game on Ruinberg where I had to lead the push in my Obj704 since our Leopard, Emil2 and T57 were to afraid to do anything creative.
3k damage and 2k spotting.

well, actually, fire support is what your supose to do with every tank on every map
given that you either are playing in a platoon or have pubbies in front spotting.

camping around cap also works fine, as long as you have shooting lanes through the whole game,
which means you re-position all the time to be able to shoot stuff.

It's being inactive or dieing without doing anything that hurts your team.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The best place to provide fire support is from wherever you can shoot the same tanks your teammates that you're supporting are shooting, which is usually from alongside them. TD shotguns all day erry day.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Goddamnit, OMC :mad:

Sangfirre
Sep 14, 2012
Which gun do you guys recommend for the KV-85, the 100 or the 122?

Sangfirre fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 23, 2017

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Yeonik posted:

The arty blast on the other side of the mountain from the stun.

Oh, so kind of like a real blast wave.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Sangfirre posted:

The 100, all day.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Sangfirre posted:

The 122mm has like a 17s reload and horrible soft stats, the 100mm is the only viable option.

Sangfirre
Sep 14, 2012

Barry posted:

The 100, all day.

Hellsau posted:

The 122mm has like a 17s reload and horrible soft stats, the 100mm is the only viable option.

Thanks for the advice!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Against my better judgement, I am gonna try and reinstall this. I don't know the first thing about selling my account anyway so I might as well play it. I can't stand WT tanks and regardless I can't update WT anymore without my goddamn internet making GBS threads out throughout the process.

How bad is it without premium time? Still fuckin' miserable? I read about the arty changes and it seems really, really weird. I guess I'll just have to go back into it and see what's up.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Barry posted:

I started off fine enough, with a 75% WR for the day, and that's after starting with my SPGs. Then we ended up losing 7 in a row, and it was mainly when playing two of my tanks (in this case the Tortoise and VTU) which were apparently the cursed ones for the day.

Oh I also forgot to mention, I was in my tier 7 Swedish TD and some shithead 47% pubbie teammate shot me and recited odd anti-Swedish racism throughout the battle. This was even after I TKd him as he turned his dumb rear end blue by shooting me. I've never quite seen anyone hate on the goddamn Swedes, and I told him that I'm not even Swedish. :psyduck:

Hellsau posted:

I was having weird packet loss issues like that on Friday, and ended up just raging out when I bounced two shots on the side turret on an M103 with a tier 9 light. I wasn't amused. I ended up raging out and quitting even though we won. Earlier that day I managed to hit a slope that was well outside my reticle, and also managed to shoot through a mountain to hit someone, so #blameTelia.

It wasn't even that though, it was contact-range, i.e. facehugging shots, with no movement between me and the target. It was while driving two different vehicles, shooting two other different vehicles, in two different battles.

Target Practice posted:

Some of the stuff is indeed useful, like the auto-equip mod Hellsau mentioned.

I figured out the solution to the issue I asked about in my last post: in Aslain's there's a not-too-obvious option to not use the OTMs you selected in a previous section. The placement (away from the relevant OTM section) and wording (and lack of a helpful screenshot) of the aforementioned option made it sound like it controls the mirroring of the icons (which I don't want, because they have text on them and aren't readable mirrored) when in reality it just allows you to force the usage of the stock OTMs, which nobody ever wants, ever. I really loving miss OMC Modpack. :(

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Goddamnit, OMC :mad:

Yeah. :(

Target Practice posted:

Against my better judgement, I am gonna try and reinstall this. I don't know the first thing about selling my account anyway so I might as well play it. I can't stand WT tanks and regardless I can't update WT anymore without my goddamn internet making GBS threads out throughout the process.

How bad is it without premium time? Still fuckin' miserable? I read about the arty changes and it seems really, really weird. I guess I'll just have to go back into it and see what's up.

Never not platoon with goons. Hit us up in-game.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Oh, so kind of like a real blast wave.

Yeah, if it hadn't hit on the other side of the rocks I would say the same.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Picked up a German scorpion the other day. drat that things a beast at all tiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Aww man no more premium ammo for silver? Horseshit.