Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NHO
Jun 25, 2013

No votes for me at this juncture.
But, someone, write a thing about Very Very Greedy Edie, on the motif of Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Votes so far:

Asteria: 12
Susan: 10
Alice: 8
Fang: 7
Scott: 3
Faye: 3
Cassandra: 3

Akatsuki: 2
Sidney: 2
Smith: 0
Charlotte: 0
Rose: 0

My Choice: 3

Anything but easy mode: 3

I do believe we may be well on our way to creating a party that outright can't win the fight. First time that would happen in this LP. If that happens... well, we'll see when we get there.

werbear posted:

Um... Am I missing something here?
It's right before Akatsuki and Smith get switched around but judging from the sneak peak at the end Kraken is all about murdering your party. Or can he also essentially waste a turn by mixing up your members?

Anyways:
MEGAQUEEN, Asteria, Fang

Whoops, that was from an earlier draft of the update. Thought I cut that out.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Doctor's Orders x3

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Alice, Fetus's choice x2

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Fix it Fetus x3

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Dr. Fetus posted:

Alice, are we gonna die?

No.

:drat:

Also yeah you could use some Fetus's choice x3.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Asteria and some Meteors, Fetus's Choice x2.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Alice, Scott, Asteria

I believe :unsmith:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Level Seven posted:

Fix it Fetus x3

Same. I was holding off on voting to see where things might go.

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
Asteria for meteor and 2X Fetus's choice.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Level Seven posted:

Fix it Fetus x3

I'm just gonna quote this and leave it at that.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Rose, Fetus's Choice x2

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

8_Escape posted:

Asteria for meteor and 2X Fetus's choice.
I go with that too.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay, at this point I don't see the need to prolong the vote. So...

VOTING IS CLOSED! Final Results:

Asteria: 16
Susan: 10
Alice: 10
Fang: 7
Scott: 4

Faye: 3
Cassandra: 3
Akatsuki: 2
Sidney: 2
Rose: 1
Smith: 0
Charlotte: 0

My Choice: 28

Anything but easy mode: 3

Oh, well, that works out. I won't be changing the party, so the party will be Scott, MEGAQUEEN, Asteria, Fang, and Alice!

But just as a precaution...

You wanted meteors? You're getting them. :getin:

I'll probably be placing restrictions on later votes though. (For one thing, I wasn't planning on locking in Cassandra for a specific set of boss fights, but now I can see that would be a terrible idea.)

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 25, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr. Fetus posted:

You wanted meteors? You're getting them. :getin:

Yessssss. :unsmigghh:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm sure this has been covered already, but I forgot: what makes Alice so good at inflicting ailments again? It is just her class's Luck stat?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Clarste posted:

I'm sure this has been covered already, but I forgot: what makes Alice so good at inflicting ailments again? It is just her class's Luck stat?

Yeah, it's mainly her stat spread. Infliction depends on both LUC and TEC. With LUC being twice as important as TEC. Alice's stat spread makes her the 2nd best inflictor in the game. But while Fang has a slightly lower LUC stat, he has a much higher TEC stat, so he's the best inflictor in the game, period.

Though due to an odd bug in the formula, if the inflictor's LUC and TEC are too low, the infliction rate gets reset to the base chance in EO3 and 4. (Before being affected by resistances.) None of the other EO games have that problem.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Clarste posted:

The formula is uses both tec and luc,, but favors luc as the stronger stat. and Alice's luck stat is like 4 times higher then anyone elses.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, Alice is ridiculously clutch.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Currently working on the Kraken update. In the meantime, a quick vote.

Frail humans... you have done well to find my eternal aerial sea of trees with such tiny bodies... I am he who watches eternally over the world from this land... If you wish for power greater than that of man’s, you must wrest proof of your strength. I shall awaken the three dragons of the three worlds; your trial will be to overcome them. Conquer them and the path to heaven shall open. But you must go now, frail humans. Until then... The voice then fades away. Only the residual effects of that magnificent presence remain... You decide to return to Armoroad to report this strange incident.

Okay, so these 3 dragons are recurring post-game bosses in the EO series. Defeating them will grant the guild great power. They can be fought in any order in this game. So you're going to decide the order I fight them in. For the record, the order is all that's being decided right now.. They won't be fought until much later. I'm just throwing down this vote so it doesn't collide with the vote for the parties that should fight them. There are 3 different dragons that can be fought. Each of them are a master of fire, ice, or volt.

Though I guess if you want more info...

Fire is generally considered to be middle of the road in other games. Not too easy or too tough. The same holds true in this game.
Ice is generally considered to be the hardest dragon to handle in the other games. Though the opposite is true here. On the other hand, it's really annoying to fight.
Volt is generally considered to be the easiest dragon to fight in the other games. But not in this game! It's probably the worst dragon to deal with in EO3.

So, just vote for one of the choices here. The order they'll be fought in will be from most popular to least popular.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 26, 2017

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014
ICE

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Ice

Also there is no way the red lizard is middle of the road in EO2U.

It was the easiest one in EO4 though.

InwardChaos
Oct 21, 2010

Before the beginning of great brilliance, there must be chaos.
Fire

In terms of final bosses, how does the Abyssal God stand up to Ur-Devil?
Are there any optional final bosses in the series that you actually like?

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost
Throwing my vote for FIRE as well.

Really been enjoying both this and Seventh Dragon, Fetus. Looking forward to some dragonslaying down the line :allears:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Going to pick Ice this time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I have no real preference here so I looked around my room until I saw the first thing with a colour belonging to one of the Dragons.

So it's VOLT.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Ice

Also there is no way the red lizard is middle of the road in EO2U.

It was the easiest one in EO4 though.

Yeah, the Untolds kind of threw out the whole fight the dragons in any order by scaling their stats to enforce a certain order.

InwardChaos posted:

Fire

In terms of final bosses, how does the Abyssal God stand up to Ur-Devil?
Are there any optional final bosses in the series that you actually like?

They're both really bad, but I'll say this. You can at least come up with a strategy for Ur-Devil that isn't "cheese or die." You can't really do the same for the Abyssal God. Though for the Abyssal God, the fight is relatively short no matter how the fight ends up going. Where Ur-Devil lasts for an eternity in comparison. So there's that. Those 2 are what I consider to be the worst true final bosses in the series.

Though I would say that EO1's is right behind them. If it weren't for a few typos in its AI accidentally making it easier than intended (There are are a few skills in its arsenal that end up forcing it to completely skip its turn if chosen, some of which would have skyrocketed the luck based aspects of the fight), it would be just as bad as those 2.

EO4's is basically a better designed Abyssal God from a gameplay standpoint. A bit lacking in the aesthetics department, but then again, none of the true final bosses really stand up to the Abyssal God there. Though my favorite would be EO5's, but I won't go into too much detail for either one since there are LPs of those games going on.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Volt

SUFFER WELL

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I will say this for the Abyssal God; none of the other games' Bonus Bosses have the sheer intimidation factor of 'THE INDESCRIBABLE GOD HAS AWAKENED'

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Pureauthor posted:

I have no real preference here so I looked around my room until I saw the first thing with a colour belonging to one of the Dragons.

This was my decision process as well!

Ice

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Ice.

Pureauthor posted:

I will say this for the Abyssal God; none of the other games' Bonus Bosses have the sheer intimidation factor of 'THE INDESCRIBABLE GOD HAS AWAKENED'

It's kind of hard to surpass Cthulhu.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Volt

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Fire

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
In any EO game where I made it far enough to fight the dragons, it was the Volt one who game me the most trouble.

Now, I want to see one deleted. By the time that battle rolls around, voting better give us the most broken team possible.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ice

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Ice

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, gonna go with Ice

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Efe posted:

In any EO game where I made it far enough to fight the dragons, it was the Volt one who game me the most trouble.

Now, I want to see one deleted. By the time that battle rolls around, voting better give us the most broken team possible.

From the sound of it you'd want to change to Fire, since it's most popular first and you'd want the party as loaded as possible for Volt, and Ice is probably going to run away with it so might as well put Fire second.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ice Ice Baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Your choice

• Locked thread