Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

Pretty sure it was Rance

In that case excommunicate him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Who is the worse 5-0 team: 2016 Kangas or 2017 Tigers?

I'm going the latter. They should not be 5-0.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Let us have this. We are going to die next week to Adelaide and then we can go back to laughing stocks. But for now let's have this

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If, somehow, Richmond beat Adelaide, it is theoretically possible for both Geelong and Richmond to go unbeaten until something like round 21.

So that'd be kind of interesting, but I'd prefer for Adelaide to crush Richmond.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I want them to go 11-0 to make the inevitable crash all the more horrific

E: also Hibberd looked fantastic for his first game in 18+ months

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 24, 2017

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

You could put a lot of the games from the past few weeks under the word Capitulation in the dictionary.

It's also loving up my accumulator bets :argh:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Capitulation is a bit rough on the Dees. I'm devastated, and it's really really ruining my week that our season is now shot - but after Spencer and Smith went down there was no way we were going to win without 30+ point lead going in the last quarter.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Maybe because I am rating it against the low low bar set by teh Melbourne teams of previous years, but I wouldn't be too worried by what I saw last night.

Melbourne were 2 players down, without a ruckman, forcing Jack Watts of all people in there for most of the game, and were without the mature guiding head of Lewis, (who in my opinion would have helped stop the bleeding in the last quarter.)

2-3 is not good, but it's better than where Hawthorn are, and whilst I don't know their fixture, I wouldn't be surprised if they still managed to sneak into the 8.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Anzac Day eve clash proves football is war and Richmond-Melbourne clash is here to stay
Mark Robinson, Herald Sun

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

This is coming from a really good source that I'm ready to back so here's something for you guys; Gold Coast have offered 900k to Jason Johannisen which is loving bonkers. I can see it happening also since he's a player that would 100% appeal to Scott Clayton since he loves fast outside players so much considering how many we took when he was the Bulldogs recruiter.

edit: If they end up losing Ablett this year then saying "we bought in the 2016 NS medallist" is a pretty good way of keeping credibility even if it's about 300k more than what he should be on.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 25, 2017

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Testekill posted:

This is coming from a really good source that I'm ready to back so here's something for you guys; Gold Coast have offered 900k to Jason Johannisen which is loving bonkers. I can see it happening also since he's a player that would 100% appeal to Scott Clayton since he loves fast outside players so much considering how many we took when he was the Bulldogs recruiter.

edit: If they end up losing Ablett this year then saying "we bought in the 2016 NS medallist" is a pretty good way of keeping credibility even if it's about 300k more than what he should be on.

That'd be a good get profile wise for sure, but isn't he an Adam Saad-like playing wise?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

That'd be a good get profile wise for sure, but isn't he an Adam Saad-like playing wise?

He is a bit but who would turn down two guys with elite pace running off of half-back down the wings?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Essendon encouraging supporters to become members to avoid dynamic ticketing vagaries is somehow 'blackmail'

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Spencer has done an AC joint. Cool, cool cool cool

Tim Smith has fractured ribs.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

http://afltables.com/afl/teams/allteams/anzac_day_clash.html

Damned if I can decide this one this year.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

Third serious rib injury in four rounds but totally not a problem for the AFL

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Max King step on up

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I do think that with a bit of time our midfield can still win without first use of the ball.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Daniher kicks a tough one?!?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ah, there's the Daniher I know

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
snore

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
uh that was not touched. what is the point of these replays??

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

realbez posted:

uh that was not touched. what is the point of these replays??

We all thought it was a goal here too. His finger didn't budge.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Buckley *phone drop* :v:

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

This is a much better game than I expected

Edit: last 3 goals have been loving champagne stuff

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Apr 25, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

This is a much better game than I expected

the first quarter was pretty low quality but it has been more exciting since then

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
those two non holding the ball decisions.. wowee

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
Those two on the run I can understand, but the one that happened a minute later was wrong. The player clearly made a decision to sidestep the tackle and got caught and should have been penalised.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
both rucks out until at least june rip our season

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Also treloars throw

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Kinda hate Fantasia but he's pretty good

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I changed my tip to Pies :psyduck: I am a stupid.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Time to extend Buckley's contract imo

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I enjoyed that game of football.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Yay :)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Our top three rucks are on our long term injury list :thumbsup:

Tallest uninjured players we have are jack watts and oscar mcdonald.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 25, 2017

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Testekill posted:

Third serious rib injury in four rounds but totally not a problem for the AFL

You're right, a reactionary rule change is desperately needed.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I went to two footy games this weekend:

MCG with 87k had a worse atmosphere than Etihad with 33k. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere at the G was good but Etihad with the roof closed is a totally different beast. Seating positions were relatively similar.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

MCG with 87k had a worse atmosphere than Etihad with 33k. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere at the G was good but Etihad with the roof closed is a totally different beast. Seating positions were relatively similar.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

I'm afraid I disagree with the opinion expressed in this post

• Locked thread