Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Crono S. Magnum posted:

So I've got 700-ish splinters left over and haven't played in months. What characters are actually fun/not preparing to be nerfed into non-existence?

So far I'm looking at Nightcrawler, Ultron, or Doctor Doom.
I remember reading that Nightcrawler is in a pretty decent place currently, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

I remember reading that Nightcrawler is in a pretty decent place currently, for what it's worth.

so is doom

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I like angela, of the newer ones

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

As is Ultron if you don't mind a weird "stomp and then chest laser to do a lot of crits and bruts" build.

Basically all 3 of NC, Ultron, and Doom are good, but it comes down to what you want:

Little bit of everything maybe? (probably not summoner still because ahahahaha no) - Doom
Stomp and laser all - Ultron
Constantly be in and out of fights and mashing all buttons forever and having near pre-rework levels of mobility across the map - Nightcrawler

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
doom still uses his power that summons the shield, flame, and drum bot, both because they're good and because they're tied to a usable physical damage attack talent.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
nvm

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 24, 2017

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
I think I'll go with nightcrawler because I already have enough stomp and smash characters. Does NC die to a stiff wind or does his mobility give him enough survivability to not eat poo poo to any random blue maggia?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

He's extremely survivable when built for lots of teleporting.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Also he has more "get out of the aoe" buttons than just about anyone and goes invisible every second or two to reset enemy targeting. Which is pretty helpful.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

A Gaz person posted:

You and I seem to have different opinions of the term "content." When you hear new content, you are expecting a permanent area you can go to. To me, anything that goes into the game is content. This includes costumes, fortune cards, events, updates (like the animation cancel update we did on all 60+ heroes).
If this actually is the definition of "content" at Gaz in general it sure would explain a lot.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if you considered raids "content" then who cares what you think

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Raids were Brevik's idiot-child and I am glad he's gone and not around to make more.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

awesome content such as fortune cards

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

punchymcpunch posted:

awesome content such as fortune cards
With costumes locked behind them. That's, like, double content! Maybe even content².

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

My favorite content was the time they made everyone move slower, really added a lot of content

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Tried to watch a video to see who was available on PS4, but they said mean things about Jane Foster as Thor so I turned it off. Looks like I found my main once PS4 goes live.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aphrodite posted:

No way for 2 Wolverines though.

Laura Kinney is also in the game, though.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Got yet another Taskmaster Guide from the event box, so I'm very ready for this shitshow to be over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Laura Kinney is also in the game, though.

Not on console.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Is this content?

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Jusupov posted:

Is this content?

Discount to big

cams
Mar 28, 2003

90% off currency for a deadgane, good deal

ps4 is the future, exterminate the obsolete pc scum

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

cams posted:

90% off currency for a deadgane, good deal

ps4 is the future, exterminate the obsolete pc scum

KomoriKMan on Ye Olde O posted:

I mentioned this before but we are finalizing a content timeline for PC which we should be able to share next week or so.

PC is the lead platform for us and console is following behind. We are hyper-aware of your posts and concerns.

VVV: It's a tiny child, so pet.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Apr 26, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Groot playable or this team up #3 of him?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Pretty sure Groot's a pet. There will be "new" Drax and Gamora team-ups though.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

God drat it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You can play Groot when you can drive Punisher's van.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

those are visual updates for the existing teamups, right? i hope they never put teamups on the console (superior and also primary) version, they were a mistake too

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

cams posted:

those are visual updates for the existing teamups, right? i hope they never put teamups on the console (superior and also primary) version, they were a mistake too

You sweet child. Stay golden, Ponyboy.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

@Asros posted:

@DreamTeam posted:

An idea I have for the four-year anniversary event.
Rather than the free hero ticket, which is always nice...

What about a free team-up hero ticket? That would be nice also.

As a semi-veteran myself, although I still view myself as a newbie...
I joined in October of 2015. I have 51 playable heroes and 28 team ups.

But there are still a handful of team ups I haven't unlocked yet on my roster.
Another handful of playable heroes I still need. So to me either one would work well.

Last summer for the three-year anniversary event...
I had gotten Doctor Doom playable with my free hero ticket.

Maybe make it a global free ticket. Where we can unlock one playable hero or team-up hero. It would be really nice to have that freedom of choice for the four-year anniversary event! I think newer players, especially, would really like having that nice choice to make.
What if we just gave you 1k ES to spend however you like?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cams posted:

haha no they are new content.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I want to play as tiny Groot, he's cute as hell. It's a crime there's no new playable GotG people for the new movie release

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

@Asros posted:

@MichaelMayhem posted:

I'll even go ahead and say what I'm working on right now. A future playable character.

I don't even...

What the Oh.. My stars and garters! are you thinking?

This kind of garbage is what is turning the community against you so fast. I don't think anyone doubted that MM could be working on a new hero. As much as your work has slowed down to a snails crawl on the PC we didn't think it would stop altogether and new heroes is one of the few things that actually gets you good play still (plus heroes can be ported to console).

So, you may be trying to make light of this whole situation, but all you are doing with this is insulting all of your customers.

Your snark is basically equating legitimate concerns about there being anything more than words when it comes to meaningful development on the PC side (no a new hero doesn't count, especially before people see if its anything better than Fury quality), doubt of which derives from your own failure to produce results, with a complete irrational denial of anything said.

I'm not even offended because you lost me awhile ago (my love for the game that was it what keeps me hovering around here). But I'm confident there is no upside for this kind of snark from you right now.

Sadly, instead of taking a look in the mirror and questioning how your attitude towards the players is impacting their perception of you, you'll probably interpret this as an overreaction and retreat from talking even more, making everything worse. For your own benefit don't do that. You guys need to sit down with PR and figure this out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmao that gaz is in a situation where a character designer feels it necessary to announce that they are working on a playable character, let alone the mess asros made of it.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cams posted:

I'm agreeing with you here since there is a decent chance that a non-zero amount of those teamups probably would have ended up being playable characters instead.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Their argument for team ups was that already having art and animation done for them made it more likely they'd become full characters rather than less likely, but the exact number of team ups progressing even to just being an alternate costume is zero.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Grinning Goblin posted:

I'm agreeing with you here since there is a decent chance that a non-zero amount of those teamups probably would have ended up being playable characters instead.

Do you seriously believe that Gaz has the dev power sitting around that could be turning these team-ups (who are mostly fairly-copy/paste clumps of full hero powers) into full, playable releases? Besides, eleven of my team-ups already are playable, and most of them have at least one straight clone. There's no reason to believe a world without team-ups would have a fuller playable roster.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i just hate teamups from a game design standpoint. they were a bad decision.

i will spend money on inventory poo poo, gaz. do not release teamups

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

where is mr. gaz's sharon rodgers???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Team-Ups always seemed kinda tacked on to me because this is supposed to be a multiplayer game and shouldn't I be teaming up with other players? Managing a whole other set of items for Team-Ups was more annoying to me than exciting.

Also, the whole "team-ups are more likely to become playable and vice-versa" thing kept me hoping that I might see a playable Howard the Duck someday. And hope kills.