Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
What are the best things in Nier Automata?

I've heard people praise it but nothing concrete. I've been playing Nioh exclusively for a while now because the gameplay is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

WaltherFeng posted:

I've heard people praise it but nothing concrete. I've been playing Nioh exclusively for a while now because the gameplay is so good.
Consistently forbidding brutal dead world punctuated with extreme weirdness, smooth combat, great music, 9S is a hell of a protagonist.

edit: I think that first thing is what draws lots of Souls fans to Nier, but Nier is much more relaxing to play.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 24, 2017

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

WaltherFeng posted:

Same thing as the first Nier. It subverts expectations, both when it comes to story and gameplay, and has a lot of heart. The gameplay is also decent and it has a magnificent ending. It makes the players feel things.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

WaltherFeng posted:

As said previously. it subverts expectations. Makes me care for the characters. Sidequests expand the story and give more info on characters.
This game makes me not want to do certain stuff because the game made me care too much about the characters. And I was tearing up on a certain side quest fight.
I can't say that any other game made me feel this way.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Cake Knight Rises needs to be playable DLC

The Cake Knight Rises needs Costumes :allears:.

Also Pac-Saw needs more love; Two people, trapped in a room with a rampaging elephant. :munch:.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

its not super cool or anything but pretty good with a headshot, it's the most powerful handgun that's not a magnum anyhow.

It IS a magnum that takes up only 1 inventory slot, uses super common hand gun ammo, but only has 3 shot magazine lol.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

I guess for reference, I like Legend of Zelda and Fist of the North Star a lot too. I think Hyrule Warriors is one the best (maybe THE best) for using its license so well, and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage is boring dogshit for using it so badly.

Try the Dragon Quest Heroes 2 demo!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just be warned that DQH is like 75% tower defence 25% Warriors. DQH 2 changes the ratio a bit but is otherwise the same.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I just hope Heroes 2 has a friend as brave and true as Healix.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Still need to finish the postgame in DGH.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Still pissed that Heroes 2 cut Yangus for fuckin' Angelo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was gonna do that and get the trophies but I was burned out after finishing the story line and there didn't seem to be an obvious place to start that wasn't way over my level.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

Still pissed that Heroes 2 cut Yangus for fuckin' Angelo.

You can be yangus in mp

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yangus is my friend.

I can't wait till I start DQ8.

e: omg Maribel and Ruff are in DQH2.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 24, 2017

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

corn on the cop posted:

If I don't get a karaoke date option in the enhanced edition of Persona 5 then it's trash

Same but more fighting games with Futaba, if they built in P4 Arena and just had occasional message pop ups from your buddy I'd probably clear all routes of p4a again.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Have a question about FFXV. I finished the main game and have a couple trophies to get in order to get the plat. My characters are around level 60. Should I just power level with coins and bank notes to level 99 or start a NG+ and get the EXP as a part of playing the story again?

Basically I need to beat the adamantoise, grab a couple more royal weapons, work on Noctis' fishing, and get the flying Regalia.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
There is a hunt "Venias Mart Under Attack" or somethign like that you can use for ridiculously easy levels once you have the Ring of Lucii, you basically move your car to the closest point you can to the mission, then abuse using the "Return to last rest" to go back and turn in/accept the quest again then "Return to Car" to go back. Check out in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAe23uXwkw

You can kill each of them with 1 channel of the ring and get a ridiculous amount of money and XP, once you have banked up a shitload go to the 3x hotel in that canal area (apologies I did this several months ago so some of the details are a bit vague)

Also if I remember right there is a lot more endgame content than you described, there is a series of dungeons you have to do in order to unlock some kind of door I remember and around that part is where I stopped playing. Definitely get the Regalia Type-F though because it's hilarious just to see the death scenes that result from it. There is also a platforming dungeon that you can only access once you have it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Scorps posted:

There is a hunt "Venias Mart Under Attack" or somethign like that you can use for ridiculously easy levels once you have the Ring of Lucii, you basically move your car to the closest point you can to the mission, then abuse using the "Return to last rest" to go back and turn in/accept the quest again then "Return to Car" to go back. Check out in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAe23uXwkw

You can kill each of them with 1 channel of the ring and get a ridiculous amount of money and XP, once you have banked up a shitload go to the 3x hotel in that canal area (apologies I did this several months ago so some of the details are a bit vague)

Also if I remember right there is a lot more endgame content than you described, there is a series of dungeons you have to do in order to unlock some kind of door I remember and around that part is where I stopped playing. Definitely get the Regalia Type-F though because it's hilarious just to see the death scenes that result from it. There is also a platforming dungeon that you can only access once you have it.

Thanks! Seems way more efficient than going through the whole game again.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Morby posted:

Thanks! Seems way more efficient than going through the whole game again.

Yeah make sure you eat the XP buff food also, I did it just 1 entire duration of food (so 30m I think?) and got all my guys from 60ish to high 80's. TBH I don't think you really need to go higher than this to kill Adamantoise it just adds some padding for stats and makes it slightly quicker. Either way that fight was long as hell.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Scorps posted:

FF15 leveling stuff.

Dang I did this but I kept running back and forth on a chocobo. All that time I could have saved.

Oh well, my 7 month old laughed every time I rode one.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Scorps posted:

Yeah make sure you eat the XP buff food also, I did it just 1 entire duration of food (so 30m I think?) and got all my guys from 60ish to high 80's. TBH I don't think you really need to go higher than this to kill Adamantoise it just adds some padding for stats and makes it slightly quicker. Either way that fight was long as hell.

I think with the new and improved Ring you can basically Alterna most of the opponents, the spoilered one include, it's just a matter of high enough Magic stat and although it's still a percentage chance, it's not so low as Death was.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Szurumbur posted:

I think with the new and improved Ring you can basically Alterna most of the opponents, the spoilered one include, it's just a matter of high enough Magic stat and although it's still a percentage chance, it's not so low as Death was.

Did they patch or change the ring somehow? Like I said I hit that game really hard right after it came out, blew through the whole thing and most post game stuff and then never played it again. I was done when they were only just announcing a major patch was to come. I know they added a bunch of QoL stuff and changed Chapter 13 so maybe I should revisit it, is only the Gladio DLC out so far? Maybe I'll wait until they all are released and do a NG+ so I can see how they changed 13. I think they raised the level cap even too right, it was 99 when I was playing isn't it like 120 now?

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I just finished the game a few days ago. If this is the new and improved 13, it still sucks. Definitely the worst part of the game for me. So unnecessary.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Morby posted:

I just finished the game a few days ago. If this is the new and improved 13, it still sucks. Definitely the worst part of the game for me. So unnecessary.

Yeah when I say improved I think they just added more clarification and cutscenes, honestly they probably made it longer. I could never get the hiding portion to work EVER so I basically just had to run around until I had the ring off cooldown every time, huge waste. Chapter 13 is the one place in the game the Moogle Doll is useful though. First and foremeost though I just had no real idea WTF was going on and didn't realize until I read later The empty emperors clothes when you reach the top are because the emperor is the Foras that chases you and is like the right hand guy of Ifrit at the end. All they need to do to MASSIVELY improve this section is give you access to the RA much earlier so you can at least loving attack and make a choice between HP or damage. Up until you get that it's just maddening.

If they clarify that AT ALL it is a major improvement because when I played it I legitimately had no idea what the gently caress was going on whatsoever from Chp 12 on basically. We get it Noctis is lovely on his own and his bro's are a huge asset to him but I got that in the first 5 seconds and then I end up meeting with the guys anyway :confused:

Scorps fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 24, 2017

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Scorps posted:

Yeah when I say improved I think they just added more clarification and cutscenes, honestly they probably made it longer. I just had no real idea WTF was going on and didn't realize until I read later The empty emporers clothes are because the emporer is the Foras that chases you and is like the right hand guy of Ifrit at the end

If they clarify that AT ALL it is a major improvement because when I played it I legitimately had no idea what the gently caress was going on whatsoever from Chp 12 on basically.

They added more cutscenes but it's still not very clearly explained at all. Chapter 13 was terrible. If I hadn't been so invested in the characters and wanting to see how things would play out, I would have stopped right there. There are other things they did right with chapters 12 and 13 like Ignis's blindness and Gladio trying to get Noctis to accept his rightful place as king. Ignis being blind felt real. The characters worried over him, he stumbled, came up with a new technique to use to continue kicking rear end. Forcing Noctis to cook that one time sorta foreshadowed this in hindsight. The ending overall was a goddamn mess, but I really enjoy the game.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Scorps posted:

Did they patch or change the ring somehow? Like I said I hit that game really hard right after it came out, blew through the whole thing and most post game stuff and then never played it again. I was done when they were only just announcing a major patch was to come. I know they added a bunch of QoL stuff and changed Chapter 13 so maybe I should revisit it, is only the Gladio DLC out so far? Maybe I'll wait until they all are released and do a NG+ so I can see how they changed 13. I think they raised the level cap even too right, it was 99 when I was playing isn't it like 120 now?

The Ring is now very powerful and not longer just a piece of poo poo - all of the abilities had been substantially buffed to the point that Alterna is actually a magical nuke instead of Chapter 13 Goblin killer, Holy is stronger, especially if you time the dodges, and Death is quicker/more MP efficient.

Now it's truly worthy of being worn by a King

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even if it ends up being good, "what remains of Edith finch" has to be one of the corniest game names ever and I don't think I can bring myself to try it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

Even if it ends up being good, "what remains of Edith finch" has to be one of the corniest game names ever and I don't think I can bring myself to try it.

from its name alone I'm assuming it's another pretentious and boring walking simulator that the nerds over at RockPaperShotgun will lap up

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Finally wrapped up Persona 5 this weekend and am thinking about playing a second PS4 game.

Well, the PS4 actually came with Uncharted 4, so I've been playing a little bit of that, too, although I find the shooting bits a little sad.

What game should I play next, assuming those are the only two I've played? Shooting and difficult action fighting are small negatives but not dealbreakers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Knack

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

from its name alone I'm assuming it's another pretentious and boring walking simulator that the nerds over at RockPaperShotgun will lap up
yeah except sometimes you're a bird or a tree or a cthulu monster

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Stagger_Lee posted:

Finally wrapped up Persona 5 this weekend and am thinking about playing a second PS4 game.

Well, the PS4 actually came with Uncharted 4, so I've been playing a little bit of that, too, although I find the shooting bits a little sad.

What game should I play next, assuming those are the only two I've played? Shooting and difficult action fighting are small negatives but not dealbreakers.

Yakuza
Horizon Zero Dawn
Infamous Second Son/First Light

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Stagger_Lee posted:

Yakuza 0

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Stagger_Lee posted:

Bloodborne

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Stagger_Lee posted:

Titanfall 2

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Yakuza 0 and just put the combat on Easy if you don't want to have to worry about difficult fights, the average fight on the street are super easy anyway so it would only be if you are worried about some of the boss fights. Or Horizon for a bit of a change of pace before diving straight into another deep story Japanese game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rory mcilroy golf is real bad right

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Word to the wise. If you end up in veniveniveni's voice chat party, make him do his anime/Nier:A voice for you.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

My brother had my account setup on his PS4 as primary so we could share games. He just broke up with his girlfriend and she sold the ps4. What do I have to do to make sure that my account is safe? I have deactivated all devices through the website and changed my password, will that prevent the new guy from using my account to buy stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Why the gently caress does the PS4 run hotter at the home screen than in game or watching a movie? Goddamnit Sony.