Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Herr Tog posted:

I have almost finished manually updating my padherder goons! Please witness me and rate it by telling me which garbo to sell and what teams to make. Thank you

https://www.padherder.com/user/TogDog/monsters/#31,0,31,8191,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

Sell/feed all that farmable trash that isn't descend bosses. You have two DKalis and good flex options, buy Radra. Start farming those uvo mats while you wait for him to rotate back into the shop, you can use Ronove as a stand-in until then.

Easiest (least effort with your current box) A1 team is probably Ilm/Tsubaki/Tsubaki/Gadius/Cao Cao/Friend RMinerva, put a spike inherit somewhere if you can find one for extra consistency. You can also do a light-based build along the lines of Ilm/Ariel(Tsubaki)/Ariel(Saria)/Sun Wukong/Alcyone(Indra)/Friend Ilm (or RMinerva, you got enough red subatts) but there's more dudes to skill up there.

You probably want to eventually make a Myr team. ADXQ, Sun Wukong, and Saria make a respectable core set of subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
snek down

really fun challenge dungeon, it's one of those where every floor is a one shot dungeon so you get a stone for each floor. ez 10 stones.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

Sell/feed all that farmable trash that isn't descend bosses. You have two DKalis and good flex options, buy Radra. Start farming those uvo mats while you wait for him to rotate back into the shop, you can use Ronove as a stand-in until then.

Easiest (least effort with your current box) A1 team is probably Ilm/Tsubaki/Tsubaki/Gadius/Cao Cao/Friend RMinerva, put a spike inherit somewhere if you can find one for extra consistency. You can also do a light-based build along the lines of Ilm/Ariel(Tsubaki)/Ariel(Saria)/Sun Wukong/Alcyone(Indra)/Friend Ilm (or RMinerva, you got enough red subatts) but there's more dudes to skill up there.

You probably want to eventually make a Myr team. ADXQ, Sun Wukong, and Saria make a respectable core set of subs.

could you explain more about the trash? And thanks for the team info. I can't believe I have made it this far with L Kali and Verdandi. the ra dragon mats are being farmed

edit: which cao cao? also would one of each tsubaki ult evo be good? ugh and I am thinking l/r ilm ult would be best but I am a scrub

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 24, 2017

isndl
May 2, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

could you explain more about the trash? And thanks for the team info. I can't believe I have made it this far with L Kali and Verdandi. the ra dragon mats are being farmed

Quick and dirty method, sort by MP value and if it sells for 1-10 MP, toss it. Exceptions would be evo mats, skillups (if you're holding for a full Kingtan feed or event), certain farmables (inherits, stuff that you're actually using on teams, etc.), one-time gifts or collab stuff that isn't coming back (if you're a collector). After all, you can just farm up more trash later if it turns out you actually do need it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So who's going to button farm Legendary Earth all week and max level everything?

What sort of setup are you doing for it, Goemon/ALB/etc with a handful of low CD orb/board changes or something like that? Either way it sounds kinda hellishly boring even if it is effective.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Free roll was the Princess. Yay?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

What sort of setup are you doing for it, Goemon/ALB/etc with a handful of low CD orb/board changes or something like that? Either way it sounds kinda hellishly boring even if it is effective.

Goemon/Rodin/Rodin/Tengu(Ra)/Tsubaki(ReShiva)/***.

Friend lead can be another Goemon, ShivaDra, Rodin. Shiva plus buttons then swipe st the end. Pretty straight forward.

Free roll was Hunk (the laser) so yay I guess.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I too got hunk... But nothing skills him up in the dungeon... Wtf?

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004
Free was Keith then did a pull and got Voltron. Awesome I guess. Need to figure out what team would actually be functional with him.

isndl
May 2, 2012

ChikoDemono posted:

Free roll was the Princess. Yay?

Sup free princess buddy! :hfive:

Munkaboo posted:

I too got hunk... But nothing skills him up in the dungeon... Wtf?

This unfortunately pretty standard treatment by Gungho, if it's a third party collab the silvers are quietly ignored. :(

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

isndl posted:

Sup free princess buddy! :hfive:

This unfortunately pretty standard treatment by Gungho, if it's a third party collab the silvers are quietly ignored. :(

:hfive: Also got free Princess. It was the only thing I would want, but wouldn't have rolled for anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what a coincidence, I also got the princess (and pidge on my alt)

also rolled the super carnival again and got lu bu and ma chao. still no jewel princesses yet tho

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I got a princess lady who seems pretty sweet though I have no idea what I'm going to do with her. I do like shiny new things though.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Another princess free pull reporting in. On my main, that is, alt just got Keith.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

According to PadHerder i only need 674 million XP to max level my entire box.

EDIT: some more number crunching. I can do 19 runs before I need to fuse sell. I'm averaging a 1.2 XP bonus and a little over 10M on XP per 19 runs (feeding strictly same color). At this rate, it would take about 10 sessions a day to come close to maxing out the majority of my box. That said, this includes a ton of poo poo that isn't on it's final evolution (but I have no plans to use) or a ton of evolution fodder (bosses) that just needs to be evolved (or is already evolved) and thus don't need the experience. This also isn't taking into account the higher propensity to get RGB dragons over DL so those two colors are going to be hurting more.

Either way I think I'll definitely push to get most of my poo poo max level and complete most/all the reincarnations I've been meaning to do this week.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 24, 2017

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

UchihaHirou posted:

:hfive: Also got free Princess. It was the only thing I would want, but wouldn't have rolled for anyway.

:hfive: :same:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I got the dark guy who clears locked orbs. :cool:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Voltron: Throw your stones away for silver

3x Alfred Pennyworth, 2x blue idiot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Zo posted:

just bringing a little of hilarious drama from the JP server

a lot of JP players take ranking dungeons pretty seriously (a whole bunch have every single crown and try to keep it that way). the latest ranking dungeon in JP is only 7 floors, and with combo skip this means combos and skyfalls are HUGE POINTS, and so everyone is using 7x6 leaders.

coincidentally, puzzcombo is insanely fast at solving 7x6 boards with lots of cascades, and there's no gimmick that prevents puzzcombo from dominating this ranking dungeon. it's literally a perfect dungeon for using puzzcombo since every floor has a preemptive which gives puzzcombo time to solve the board, and all you need to do is max out combos. so the 1% border has been rising like crazy, way faster than past dungeons, and it just keeps going up as more and more people give up and download puzzcombo.

and just to add a big "gently caress you" to the whole situation, puzzcombo is only available on android, while a majority of JP players are on iphones. people have been rioting on twitter over the entire week and gungho has been completely silent on the whole deal, only further fueling the riots.

for those unaware of what puzzcombo does:

https://twitter.com/pad_yu05/status/854685653199601664

it's all very, very funny

Is there anywhere to keep track of this? the subreddit has nothing on it and I can't think of anywhere else to look for hilarity.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I hate all of you who free rolled Alara, I want my badass princess dammit.

Main Free roll: Coran

3 rolls after with the stones I had: Hunk, Shiro, Hunk.

Probs gonna sell the second Hunk since I already have a button team and will only need one of him for inheriting purposes.

Alt free roll: Shiro

YOLO roll: Hunk.

I really enjoyed watching the show, but goddamn this collab is just sort of disappointing overall. At least Alara and Voltron are still cool and useful cards if you get them.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Rolled a princess too. Yay for gold egg I guess?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Freebie and two rolls on each account for Voltron:

Main:

Coran
Pidge
Hunk

Alt:

Hunk
Coran
Coran

And done with this collab.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In the two rolls I've had in the crows collab (one was free) I got 2 copies of the joke character. In my free voltron roll, I got the re-skin (pidge) of the joke character.

Well, gently caress you too PAD.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

trucutru posted:

In the two rolls I've had in the crows collab (one was free) I got 2 copies of the joke character. In my free voltron roll, I got the re-skin (pidge) of the joke character.

Well, gently caress you too PAD.

Maybe you should focus on complaining about DAthena like the rest of us so we can finally get her.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
Free roll was Keith and decided to roll again and got Voltron. Rcv is garbage though so I'm not sure how viable a hp multiplier team for machine/physical will work out. Has nice awakenings as a sub i guess.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Free-rolled Allura, is that good

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Maybe you should focus on complaining about DAthena like the rest of us so we can finally get her.

Don't worry, the US will get her as soon as the powercreep makes her absolutely irrelevant.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rasamune posted:

Free-rolled Allura, is that good
:same:

Her awakenings seem really good (7 combo AND guard break) and I can see a use for a light skyfall active plus orb change but I don't think I have a home for her at the moment?

Unrelated question: What's the best pushbutton team for Legendary Earth? I have two Ilms, a Rodin, two Ra, a Famiel, a 1000 day Tamadra (lol), and some unskilled Goemons and Tengus. If I had an Ilmina it would be trivial to Ilm/Ilm and swipe the board for the last wave but I can't quite fit enough skill boosts without having one too few nukes.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:same:

Her awakenings seem really good (7 combo AND guard break) and I can see a use for a light skyfall active plus orb change but I don't think I have a home for her at the moment?

Unrelated question: What's the best pushbutton team for Legendary Earth? I have two Ilms, a Rodin, two Ra, a Famiel, a 1000 day Tamadra (lol), and some unskilled Goemons and Tengus. If I had an Ilmina it would be trivial to Ilm/Ilm and swipe the board for the last wave but I can't quite fit enough skill boosts without having one too few nukes.

You could try Ilm/ROdin/Ra/Ra/Tengu/ROdin for a total of 16 skill boosts.

The damage might not be enough at the end, though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You could try Ilm/ROdin/Ra/Ra/Tengu/ROdin for a total of 16 skill boosts.

The damage might not be enough at the end, though.
...which is why I will use a friend Ilmina instead of Rodin, and instantly sleepwalk through it. I didn't realize Rodin nuke actually killed without swiping :shobon:

e: and it's not even Unknown_PC's Ilmina! It should probably be his instead. Thanks, whale bf :)

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

LE Runs so far = got a ton of mons to 50 for the evo, max leveled R.Haku #2 and #3 and max leveled a bunch of other mons.

Hoping to finish up some more revos today. I'm averaging about 40-45 seconds a run so less than 10 minutes gets me about 2-3 million monster exp for no stamina.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is there anywhere to keep track of this? the subreddit has nothing on it and I can't think of anywhere else to look for hilarity.

Reddit is worthless of course. anyway this is mostly being played out on twitter (where everything is in japan) and gungho has started totally silent. still, every single gungho tweet is bombarded with this poo poo, and people are getting non copy pasted replies (though nothing specific either) when they email support, so I'm waiting with anticipation as to how they'll address this.

funny developments so far are puzzcombo accidentally (?) showing up on a tv program introducing popular apps, bottom right icon:

(i really can't believe this happened and think it might be a hoax but haven't seen anyone call it out)

And tofu, a well known YouTuber who gets invited to gungho events and has an official account (the special icon by his name) missed his first crown, assuming gungho doesn't do anything

https://twitter.com/hiver/status/856161096482250756

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Is there any way for Gung-Ho to even detect when someone is using PuzzCombo?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Kuros posted:

all signs point to no, but iphone users are holding on the to hope that they can!

so far the best suggestion I've seen was, assuming they can separate iphone and android scores, use only the iphone score to give out crowns and refund stamina stones. of course they might not be able to do this either lmao.

then for future ranking dungeons they can just use the iphone score from the beginning, until they can update pad to detect puzzcombo (never)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kuros posted:

LE Runs so far = got a ton of mons to 50 for the evo, max leveled R.Haku #2 and #3 and max leveled a bunch of other mons.

Hoping to finish up some more revos today. I'm averaging about 40-45 seconds a run so less than 10 minutes gets me about 2-3 million monster exp for no stamina.

I'm keeping track of all my feeds for this event/week. I should manage to do 60-70M XP per day without hating myself. Ideally I can go all out during the weekend and actually max level everything I want but for now I'm focusing on what I need. I'm sticking to same color feeds until I finish the color then rolling down the line until I'm done. I'll probably spend some time tomorrow actually figuring out how much XP I need. My guess is somewhere around 500M which is surprisingly attainable at this rate especially with it being free and button pushing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kuros posted:

Doubtful unless PAD gets an awful lot of permissions on Android.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Doubtful unless PAD gets an awful lot of permissions on Android.

Didn't PAD used to be able to detect puzzcombo like 2 years ago? I remember it shutting down when I switched to rooted mode on my old android phone.

In any case, I vote we *all* get crowns this time. Or at least the people who are in the top 10.4%. 10.5% scrubs and down don't deserve it.

e: BTW Zo, which team did you use to clear challenge 9? Anubis?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

trucutru posted:

Didn't PAD used to be able to detect puzzcombo like 2 years ago? I remember it shutting down when I switched to rooted mode on my old android phone.

In any case, I vote we *all* get crowns this time. Or at least the people who are in the top 10.4%. 10.5% scrubs and down don't deserve it.

e: BTW Zo, which team did you use to clear challenge 9? Anubis?

puzzcombo doesn't need root anymore, it's just a legit normal overlay app and there are tons of overlay apps even native to certain phones so I'm having a hard time imagining pad detecting it

also, i did 9 with dathena since almost everything is delayable, including loki who you can delay twice in a row (delay -> he powers up -> delay) to trivialize him. i ran with a triple god killer castor (~10x to gods) and tons of other killers to completely wreck the previous floors. full team was haku haku loki castor.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
by the way for NA players, the new challenge 9 we're talking about has every single enemy with minimum 40m hp, ramping up to 80m~120m hp in the later waves and the boss at 200m hp with a 10m null shield.

this is the new norm and radra is pretty useless for this kind of content, until dkali gets a triple 7c ult or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

by the way for NA players, the new challenge 9 we're talking about has every single enemy with minimum 40m hp, ramping up to 80m~120m hp in the later waves and the boss at 200m hp with a 10m null shield.

this is the new norm and radra is pretty useless for this kind of content, until dkali gets a triple 7c ult or something

Yeah, JP pad has somehow become similar to the old Hera-Ur/Zeus-Dios meta where they just throw huge loving numbers against you, plus a shitload of annoyances, of course.

Lvl6 of the challenge, includes a 37m hp fight against the one of the Kalis. Lvl6!

Which is why Anubis has become more popular lately, when you need to be doing 100m damage left and right he's your dude. This has also pretty much killed the heart-cross meta.