Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
HEY

GUYS

HEY

I just learned that if I turn off my tv my Nintendo Switch goes immediately into sleep mode all by itself.

This combined with the tv changing to THE SWITCH channel on its own when I push a button on my controller to turn on the system...

IS AWESOME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welcome to 2004

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

When's the Kirby and Fire Emblem Mario Kart DLC

Never because Kirby is getting Kirby's Air Ride 2 with City Trial expanded

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
HDMI-CEC is pretty great when it works correctly

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I'm here to play some Switch and enjoy life and I'm all outa games.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My system did not automatically go to sleep when I turned off the TV in 2004 and then let me resume playing right where I left off in like two seconds with a single button push on the controller.

This is like 3ds levels of sleep convenience on my TV

It's Good!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even my Wii did that for me did you just get a new tv

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Who's that verified person?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Who's that verified person?

Zelda speedrunner who I think/guessing was having some hand problems from playing too many video games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Narcissa Wright was a pioneer in Zelda speedrunner, developing many of the methods used in OoT and Wind Waker, having held the record in both multiple times. She came in second at the Nintendo World Championships in 2015, but due to the kind of contortions needed for the games she plays she has suffered debilitating hand injuries and was no longer able to stream the types of things that made her popular. Apparently the joycons are ergonomic enough she can play again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh that's cool. I didn't think of potential for separated joycons for disabled/injured people.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I stood at Best Buy for 2 hours this morning and got a NES classic! Stoked! I will now flip it and buy a Switch. :agesilaus:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kirios posted:

Mario Kart kind of sucks, though.

What the...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like how the Switch Dock likes to take over my TV even when the Switch isn't in it.

Switch dock is bad is what I'm saying.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Real hurthling! posted:

Play ffxiv on ps4 remote from vita.

Or just wait for dq10 port to switch

Unless you read Japanese you aren't going to be playing DQX on the Switch. The odds that SE would port the MMO to English are extremely low.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I like how the Switch Dock likes to take over my TV even when the Switch isn't in it.

Same

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Even when the match power state option is off? It works pretty well with my Samsung. It turns on my tv when I power on the Switch and vise versa.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
🙄
do you always have to be a negative and derogatory piece of poo poo?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

🙄

So salty

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Even when the match power state option is off? It works pretty well with my Samsung. It turns on my tv when I power on the Switch and vise versa.

If I have HDMI plugged into my 2016 Samsung TV it switches to the port every few minutes and there is no fix in sight. So gently caress hdmi cec.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if corporations base tax rate was lower or higher depending on how much more they paid their employees annually on average above cost of living or something?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Invalid Validation posted:

If I have HDMI plugged into my 2016 Samsung TV it switches to the port every few minutes and there is no fix in sight. So gently caress nintendo

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Invalid Validation posted:

If I have HDMI plugged into my 2016 Samsung TV it switches to the port every few minutes and there is no fix in sight. So gently caress everything.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

parallelodad posted:

What if corporations base tax rate was lower or higher depending on how much more they paid their employees annually on average above cost of living or something?

This would end up only working in the executives' favor if this happened somehow.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective No. 27 posted:

This would end up only working in the executives' favor if this happened somehow.

Pretend I said median.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kashuno posted:

Never because Kirby is getting Kirby's Air Ride 2 with City Trial expanded

Release date is the week after Metroid Prime 4.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

🙄

well I mean he's been banned from every Rock Band thread in existence so that says a lot. how do you get so uppity over a plastic instrument game

LionArcher posted:

I stood at Best Buy for 2 hours this morning and got a NES classic! Stoked! I will now flip it and buy a Switch. :agesilaus:

are they really selling for THAT much? ebay has some for like 200 dollars which is beyond insane.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
you're all being puppet mastered

fight back

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm still buying Sarnsung and am getting Sarnsunged by the TV, send help

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

parallelodad posted:

Why is this in the Switch thread? Did I miss some context for this?

Anyway, I see two immediate problems:

1) No matter how you set it up it would be insanely difficult to calculate, particularly for any employer with a workforce spread over many locations. And any calculation that complex is prone to both error and manipulation.

2) How would you fairly differentiate between capital-intensive businesses and labor-intensive businesses? Company A and Company B may both make a billion dollars a year in revenue, but A may do it with 50 highly-compensated employees and B may do it with 5,000 lowly-compensated employees. Does B get taxed more for paying lower average (median?) wages than A, even if B employs more people and A is more profitable?

2b) If link lower tax rates to higher wages, you're only further incentivizing companies to push towards greater automation and reduced reliance on human labor. Firing unskilled laborers and replacing them with machines allows you to cut salary spend AND raise your average wage per employee, without actually paying more in wages.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blotto_Otter posted:

Why is this in the Switch thread? Did I miss some context for this?

Anyway, I see two immediate problems:

1) No matter how you set it up it would be insanely difficult to calculate, particularly for any employer with a workforce spread over many locations. And any calculation that complex is prone to both error and manipulation.

2) How would you fairly differentiate between capital-intensive businesses and labor-intensive businesses? Company A and Company B may both make a billion dollars a year in revenue, but A may do it with 50 highly-compensated employees and B may do it with 5,000 lowly-compensated employees. Does B get taxed more for paying lower average (median?) wages than A, even if B employs more people and A is more profitable?

2b) If link lower tax rates to higher wages, you're only further incentivizing companies to push towards greater automation and reduced reliance on human labor. Firing unskilled laborers and replacing them with machines allows you to cut salary spend AND raise your average wage per employee, without actually paying more in wages.

Haha yeah I hosed up and posted in the wing thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Okay but when is Factorio coming to Switch because at that point I'm done playing anything else ever

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

parallelodad posted:

Haha yeah I hosed up and posted in the wing thread.

I figured it was either that or due to extreme boredom brought on by lack of Mario Kart, and figured I'd respond anyway because I am extremely bored due to lack of Mario Kart

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cool, seems like the Mercedes DLC is back in Deluxe after all. YouTube uploading is gone though, probably because of the system wide video clip sharing that's supposed to be coming soon.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

Cool, seems like the Mercedes DLC is back in Deluxe after all. YouTube uploading is gone though, probably because of the system wide video clip sharing that's supposed to be coming soon.

I loved making videos of wins in goon races. This reminds me, who is going to set up the goon room(s) online? Last time we had two (iirc) one with default settings and one with crazier power ups. The default was by far the most popular and only one that held large #s of goons a few months post launch.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

why what does this mean

i know she has like wrist issues

is that why

i jump to that because I have really bad joints and PC has been the only thing I could stand to play more than 30 minutes, with the exception being 3DS and now Switch

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

We need more Roy clips though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDTp-rHztrc

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
My friend and I want to play Mario kart. How do I buy this dang console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

poe meater posted:

My friend and I want to play Mario kart. How do I buy this dang console?

1. Go to store
2. Ask for console
3. Pay for console.

• Locked thread