Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

I don't think Kerr will be frozen and stuck in the ground or anything. He'll still be involved with the team and there to help come up with strategies. When Walton took over last year, Kerr would talk with the coaches daily.

I guess folks mostly covered this, but I think at any given moment there's a decent chance he has to be laying in bed completely silent and still with all the lights out, in tremendous pain wishing he was frozen and stuck in the ground instead. It's not a positive for the team I don't think. It's not gonna be like he's working from home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

I mean, I don't think he's wrong. Its not like there is anything specific they need to do better, they were just getting sorta beat at all phases. I'm actually surprised they kept it as close as they did.

Hoiberg should've played Lopez or Felicio down the stretch because while they have limitations, it's better than putting goddamn Joffery and Mirotic at Center.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hoiberg should probably also try abusing Isiah on defense more but that might be a little advanced for him. Apparently IT had 4 fouls down the stretch and they didn't do much

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Tae posted:

Does anybody have a video of Harden locking his arm into Taj Gibson and then shooting to get foul shots?

Harden Did Nothing Wrong

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

I don't know if this is specifically his situation but :stare:

I've got two herniated discs in my back and have to get epidurals twice a year to keep the swelling down. The release form I have to sign before each is freaking terrifying.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Intruder posted:

Harden Did Nothing Wrong

You're right, blame the refs for rewarding his behavior

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
*reads thread*

*improves sitting posture*

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Y'all making me think I won the lottery by not leaking fluids after my back surgery

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Glumslinger posted:

*reads thread*

Today I actually adjusted my car seat so I was sitting with my back flat against it, not leaning forward.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

*reads thread*

No joke, keep your core strong, your back flexible, lift smartly EVERY TIME, and work on your drat ergos if you sit all day.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The Raps are going to get killed tonight and I'm going to make an rear end of myself posting about Giannis traveling for 3 quarters before just embracing failure like I should.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ammanas posted:

No joke, keep your core strong, your back flexible, lift smartly EVERY TIME, and work on your drat ergos if you sit all day.

AMA about ergonomic keyboards and mice.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ammanas posted:

NBA Playoffs: Please Work Out

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

NBA Playoffs: Please Work Out

Working out is how I hurt my back, Work Out Safely and Smartly tho

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

One of the best low-key signings of the offseason for sure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Isaiah Canaan starting PG.

Is Nate Robinson available? Marquise Teague? Ben Gordon was at the game last night give him a uniform.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/856568906483343361

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

^^^ Look at those completely dead eyes. You can totally imagine him killing without remorse.

Fire up the free agency rumor machine, Rockets may be interested in 5'11" UCAM Murcia point guard Facundo Campazzo: https://www.nbamaniacs.com/noticias/facundo-campazzo-houston-rockets-mas-franquicias-interesadas/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Morey is so passive aggressive on twitter. Between this and his retweets he can be a funny follow.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Spacebump posted:

Morey is so passive aggressive on twitter. Between this and his retweets he can be a funny follow.

He isn't quite as petty as Zach Lowe, but he is definitely in contention for the award

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Time posted:

He isn't quite as petty as Zach Lowe, but he is definitely in contention for the award

Zach Lowe is so petty, I'm half expecting him to reg and defend himself here after namesearching...the internet

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Zach Lowe would post here once and immediately put the entire thread on his ignore list

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

NickRoweFillea posted:

Zach Lowe is so petty, I'm half expecting him to reg and defend himself here after namesearching...the internet

I made a twitter account to ask zach Lowe a question about where he got the data for a tweet because it was a cool stat. He blocked me and deleted the tweet. I never used twitter again

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I encourage you all to tweet Zach Lowe and invite him here. But don't tag him in it. He'll see it anyway, trust me

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

I encourage you all to tweet Zach Lowe and invite him here. But don't tag him in it. He'll see it anyway, trust me

Imagine being nationally known for anything and searching your own name on twitter. Why would you ever want to do that?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

It's the Narcissus of the modern age, eventually he'll spend so much time looking up his own name on twitter that he'll forget to eat and die

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I can see the individual striations in russells shoulder muscles wow

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Ammanas posted:

Working out is how I hurt my back, Work Out Safely and Smartly tho

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Time posted:

I made a twitter account to ask zach Lowe a question about where he got the data for a tweet because it was a cool stat. He blocked me and deleted the tweet. I never used twitter again

Sounds like it was stolen data from an illicit source. With no prior tweets he must have assumed you were an undercover Fed trying to gather ecidence on his operation. He did the smart thing and immediately burned everything to the ground, deleting the tweets and hiding the evidence, picking up stakes and moving on to the next story. He's one of the top sportswriters in the business right now; he knows how to survive.

Edit oops

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 25, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

Isaiah Canaan starting PG.

Is Nate Robinson available? Marquise Teague? Ben Gordon was at the game last night give him a uniform.

There's what you can call the Ish Smith Corrollary, where eventually you stop reaching for stars or starters at pg and you just find a guy who knows how to pass the ball, has good bball iq, is fast, and doesn't mind deferring to histeammates, and also can make very short midrange shots. That guy will do your team worlds better than a hot dog armed loving waste of space like carter williams. compare the 76ers with ish smith and without last year.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

My dad broke his back on an unlucky fall (100% of the force of the landing on a perpendicular line with the corner of some stone stairs) and never got surgery for it because of that. Doctors just didn't want to do it because the odds of it actually fixing anything didn't outweigh the odds of something bad happening in the surgery (like loving up his spinal cord, for instance).

There are safety measures but if the injury is in the right area literally one quarter turn of a screw paralyzes someone for life

Then there are spinal fusions which are great for some people and catastrophically bad for others, it depends on the person and the injury and the surgeons

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Spacebump posted:

Imagine being nationally known for anything and searching your own name on twitter. Why would you ever want to do that?

Because if you're petty enough and your twitter fingers are hot enough, you might be president someday

BWV posted:

The Raps are going to get killed tonight and I'm going to make an rear end of myself posting about Giannis traveling for 3 quarters before just embracing failure like I should.

If it makes you feel better the Bucks are way more fun than the Raptors and it will make everyone very happy

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
It's probably wrong to tell people this because keeping a positive outlook is very important but yes in general surgery is far more dangerous than generally acknowledged:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11982478

quote:

RESULTS:

The data for the respective groups (general surgery, vascular surgery, combined general surgery and trauma, and cardiothoracic surgery) are as follows. The number of patients was 1363, 978, 914, and 1403; number of complications, 413, 409, 295, and 378; total complication rate, 30.3%, 42.4%, 32.3%, and 26.9%; minor complication rate, 13.3%, 19.9%, 13.5%, and 13.0% (percentage of minor complications that were avoidable, 37.4%, 59.0%, 51.2%, and 49.5%); major complication rate, 16.2%, 21.1%, 18.1%, and 12.9% (percentage of major complications that were avoidable, 53.4%, 60.7%, 38.8%, and 38.7%); and mortality rate, 1.83%, 3.33%, 2.28%, and 3.34% (percentage of mortality that was avoidable, 28.0%, 44.1%, 19.0%, and 25.0%).

It's dangerous to go cutting on someone

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
I'm so glad no one pays attention to me on twitter. I can't imagine seeking it out like he does

How many crazy things do you think Giannis will do tonight? I'm thinking at least 3 solid "what the gently caress" moments

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Brolander posted:

I'm so glad no one pays attention to me on twitter. I can't imagine seeking it out like he does

How many crazy things do you think Giannis will do tonight? I'm thinking at least 3 solid "what the gently caress" moments

He will make a record number of thons guaranteed

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Draymond is going to be player coach just like he was when Walton was supposed to be in charge.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Crowd is going to be insane at the next Rockets/Thunder game.
https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/856562209266302976
If these prices hold for the full game, wow. Someone please document this live. The only time I've been to a sporting event with $1 beers was a Tulane basketball game. They ran out of beer and it was one of the better attended games while I was there.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Dexo posted:

Ben Gordon was at the game last night give him a uniform.

He remains one of my favorite players ever. I can't explain it, I love that guy.

Here's him against the Celtics in the 2009 playoffs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFpFM78qm14

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Spacebump posted:

Crowd is going to be insane at the next Rockets/Thunder game.
https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/856562209266302976
If these prices hold for the full game, wow. Someone please document this live. The only time I've been to a sporting event with $1 beers was a Tulane basketball game. They ran out of beer and it was one of the better attended games while I was there.

Crowd engineering...the rockets are light years ahead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Brolander posted:

next logical step is ramming a dunk home with his elbow.

• Locked thread