Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Aerdan posted:

It's plausible because people really do get angry that animals engage in non-heterosexual sex. Because animals are pure and God ordained, etc. etc. etc.

(It's hilarious when they try to defend homophobia by pointing at Genesis, which was very obviously written before we humans learned about parthenogenesis and hermaphroditic species, because when you point out animals that aren't gender-binary they're reduced to the generic PRAISE GAWD crap.)

It's also plausible because Pence is a loving idiot who refuses to associate with :females: when his wife isn't around. He clearly has weird ideas about sexuality in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPv_xAUVfVg
Tldr; Author of the Witcher novels is salty that the video game based after his books has led to some people thinking the video games inspired his books, also CD projekt red offered him royalties for the game he initially refused thinking the game would be a failure and boy is he not happy. The books have sold 2+ million copies, the game? 25+ million.

And if that's not schadenfreudy enough for some here is a classic.

Tarantula has a new favorite as of 13:10 on Apr 24, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I want to see the video footage of him and his band of idiots getting run off the Auburn campus by a bunch of people chanting S-E-C.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

I want to see the video footage of him and his band of idiots getting run off the Auburn campus by a bunch of people chanting S-E-C.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does the Securities and Exchange Commission have to do with him?

edit:
Never mind. I'm an idiot. SEC as in Auburn's college division. Wow, I need my coffee in the morning.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

WE GOTTA STOP THEM GAY ANIMALS FROM FUCKIN' CAUSE THAT DON'T HAPPEN IN THE US!

The schadenfreude is on us, because this guy is second in line to the most powerful position in our country. :ughh:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yes they do occur in the states, just no one gives a poo poo because they're zoo animals, they're in cages and enclosures all day, who gives a gently caress how the animals gently caress?

Pence pays a suspicious amount of attention to animal fuckin', is what I'm getting at. :crossarms:

He's lived his life under the mistaken idea that monogamy was a natural thing and now, at this late date, he's getting a true education and it's either going to make him double down or break his fragile sanity into pieces. Either which is pretty good schaden because one gets the feeling by looking at him that he's not held together by sanity but by the idea that some magical space daddy metes out eternal punishment.

I get the feeling he's not strong enough to take that much of a shock to the system at his age, and will simply crumble internally instead of flipping out and launching the nukes.

Aerdan posted:

It's plausible because people really do get angry that animals engage in non-heterosexual sex. Because animals are pure and God ordained, etc. etc. etc.

(It's hilarious when they try to defend homophobia by pointing at Genesis, which was very obviously written before we humans learned about parthenogenesis and hermaphroditic species, because when you point out animals that aren't gender-binary they're reduced to the generic PRAISE GAWD crap.)

Religion is the ultimate schaden, really. You train people to believe in dogma to the extent that any challenge to it results in either people taking the whole thing with a grain of salt or losing their minds completely. It's oddly beautiful in a very sadistic way. Which is another thing Mike Pence may learn about during his time in the actual world.

Railing Kill posted:

It's also plausible because Pence is a loving idiot who refuses to associate with :females: when his wife isn't around. He clearly has weird ideas about sexuality in general.

I doubt he knows anything about sexuality outside of procreation. Which is funny because it explains why he looks so alien: imagine a human being who has never felt an iota of actual joy that didn't involve thanking some deity. After a while it changes you into...well, someone who looks like they're wearing a discount Leslie Nielsen mask.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Full sprint, mind! This has got to be the worst year in Spencer's life. He thought he had it made but ever since Trump got into office he's been punched and humiliated in ways that have to be destroying his faith in him being one of the 'better' human beings.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 15:38 on Apr 24, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Full sprint, mind! This has got to be the worst year in Spencer's life. He thought he had it made but ever since Trump got into office he's been punched and humiliated in ways that have to be destroying his faith in him being one of the 'better' human beings.
I dunno, I'm pretty sure Spencer's main motivation is attention, and he's getting a poo poo ton of that this year.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

I dunno, I'm pretty sure Spencer's main motivation is attention, and he's getting a poo poo ton of that this year.

I'm sure he's trying to find some glee in the negative attention aspect, but constantly getting beaten and force to run really runs counter to...well, pushing his agenda.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good job forcing that Loi Travail through, Hollande! :v:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm sure he's trying to find some glee in the negative attention aspect, but constantly getting beaten and force to run really runs counter to...well, pushing his agenda.

It's awesome that he lives in terror but he's been able to twist it into martyrdom from the right's perspective and there are legions of centrist dipshits constantly crowing that punching Nazis makes you as bad as them, which exacerbates the problem.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tarantula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPv_xAUVfVg
Tldr; Author of the Witcher novels is salty that the video game based after his books has led to some people thinking the video games inspired his books, also CD projekt red offered him royalties for the game he initially refused thinking the game would be a failure and boy is he not happy. The books have sold 2+ million copies, the game? 25+ million.

Why would you refuse royalties even if you think the games are going to be a failure? That seems pretty dumb.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Andrast posted:

Why would you refuse royalties even if you think the games are going to be a failure? That seems pretty dumb.

In the words of the author of the books the metro games are based on, he is an "arrogant motherfucker."

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Andrast posted:

he took a lump sum payout instead. he is just a grumpy old man in general

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Andrast posted:

I'm guessing he gave up a royalty on every game sold to get a higher flat-fee up front, which would be the right move if you thought the game was gonna be a failure, and now he's lamenting how much he could have made.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Andrast posted:

You take an upfront payout instead of a piece of the profits/each sale. It's not a bad option when you think that things are not going to be a smash hit.

Honestly, he could probably use a better agent since a good one would make each game a negotiation and after the success of the second game he could have gone for the cut of each sale deal.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

It's awesome that he lives in terror but he's been able to twist it into martyrdom from the right's perspective and there are legions of centrist dipshits constantly crowing that punching Nazis makes you as bad as them, which exacerbates the problem.

I live in a world where Donald Trump is president and people seriously argue that punching Nazis is bad. I think sometime last year I woke up in a weird alternate dimension. I really hope Captain Picard sorts this poo poo out soon.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Granted, on the flip side, it could be very possible the series would never have taken off if he was taking enough cash from royalties for the developers/producers to decide it wasn't worth making any further games after the first or second.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Nearly 100 Days In, Trump Voter In One Rust Belt County Shares Concerns

Not schadenfreude, except for this line:

quote:

"They're like hopeful college student parents waiting after a bad midterm grade for a really good grade on the final report."

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

We got some kids books in where I work today, and the stories were amazing.

One was about a penguin who wanted to fly, but everyone told her it was impossible. Then she slipped on some ice and fell off a cliff. Kiwi flashbacks!

The other was about a panda who escaped from an American zoo and befriended a raccoon in an alley. The panda didn't like any of the literal trash the raccoon tried to feed him, so they went to the library and found a book about pandas and stowed away on a flight to China. They learned Tai Chi and visited the Great Wall. Then they went to this panda sanctuary, and they tearfully said goodbye as the raccoon went back to America while the panda found a home filled with bamboo. The sanctuary then put the panda in a crate and sent it back to the same goddamn zoo. Of course the panda re-escaped, found his raccoon buddy, and the raccoon took the panda to a garden center where he ate lucky bamboo out of the dumpster.

Weatherman posted:

:stonk: What in the almighty gently caress kind of lesson is that story supposed to be imparting?

I'm pretty sure you're responding to Story #1, because Story #2 is all about two cheap, gross pals recovering their friendship despite impossible odds :3:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWXJ2IfYc8Y

http://i.imgur.com/z3bvHWk.mp4

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The player who gets suckered must really be a dog's brain in a human body.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

He's lived his life under the mistaken idea that monogamy was a natural thing and now, at this late date, he's getting a true education and it's either going to make him double down or break his fragile sanity into pieces. Either which is pretty good schaden because one gets the feeling by looking at him that he's not held together by sanity but by the idea that some magical space daddy metes out eternal punishment.

Umm... lots of animals are monogamous or practice multiple types of mating habits where one includes monogamy. It is absolutely natural.

The real shaden is people getting so worked up over the VP not wanting to be alone with other women. Who gives a gently caress? Does it impact your life so much that you need to post multiple paragraphs online about it? Because, if so, let me tell you about US pat down and chaperone laws.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I demand that Mike Pence has sexual relationship at least with three women!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Umm... lots of animals are monogamous or practice multiple types of mating habits where one includes monogamy. It is absolutely natural.

The real shaden is people getting so worked up over the VP not wanting to be alone with other women. Who gives a gently caress? Does it impact your life so much that you need to post multiple paragraphs online about it? Because, if so, let me tell you about US pat down and chaperone laws.

But it's not the only one, and that's the big thing.

And Pence can't be alone with other women because he can't see women as anything other than sexual material. That's quite a big thing considering he's a heartbeat away from the presidency and yet is so repressed/emotionally damaged that he can't trust his own libido.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

I demand proof that he's had a sexual relationship with at least one woman. And that he's actually human.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Did Pence always have this rule about being alone with women or is it just because he's now hitched his wagon to Trump and is being paranoid about getting accused of something? At least if its the latter there's a logic to it that I can understand, even if its amazingly dumb.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Yeah, could you imagine if it was reversed and the VP was super worked up over who we all wanted to be alone with.

Oh wai-

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Out of interest, has he actually made any statements about gay people since his appointment as VP?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mameluke posted:

I'm pretty sure you're responding to Story #1, because Story #2 is all about two cheap, gross pals recovering their friendship despite impossible odds :3:

Don't forget the part where the panda was sent immediately back to the same zoo after gaining freedom in sanctuary.

hanales posted:

Do you work in some nihilism for children themed bookstore?

I read the penguin one out loud to my coworkers after declaring it seriously appealed to the nihilistic side of me, also I fell of a cliff and almost died once so there was that too. We actually work in a zoo gift shop, and so a bunch of us are animal nerds. In one scene the penguin goes to a library to read books on flight, and the librarian scoffed. The librarian was also a skua, which is a type of large seabird that eats baby penguins. We laughed pretty hard about that too, imagining this librarian getting so pissed at the stupid penguin that he just eats her.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Basebf555 posted:

Did Pence always have this rule about being alone with women or is it just because he's now hitched his wagon to Trump and is being paranoid about getting accused of something? At least if its the latter there's a logic to it that I can understand, even if its amazingly dumb.

If I recall right from an article that went in to it, he's been that way since marrying his wife.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Out of interest, has he actually made any statements about gay people since his appointment as VP?

That's what's scary about Pence, he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut when necessary. When it comes to his actual beliefs he's crazier than Trump but so far he's been able to keep all that under wraps. Like, if Joe Biden hated a minority group we'd definitely have heard all about it within a week or two of the Obama presidency.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The problem is that being openly racist is pretty much the only way to sink your public perception. Sexism, homophobia, and transphobia are still accepted by a non-trivial portion of the US.

Oh, and most of that portion of the US votes regularly.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

iospace posted:

The problem is that being openly racist is pretty much the only way to sink your public perception. Sexism, homophobia, and transphobia are still accepted by a non-trivial portion of the US.

Oh, and most of that portion of the US votes regularly.

Hell, Rep. Steve King already proved you can be racist too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Burning_Monk posted:

That's the other thing. People are so convinced that racism only stems from using the n-word, and not other poo poo.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Burning_Monk posted:

Yeah, you don't have to dogwhistle anymore

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Yeah Pence's need for a chaperone when alone with ladies or drinking is odd and speaks a lot about his self control.

The problem is that it actually matters. If there's a diplomat that needs to discuss something in private, he better be male. If there's an applicant for a position that works closely with the VP, having a penis is an advantage.

Not life and death poo poo but shouldn't need to be an issue at all

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

That's what's scary about Pence, he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut when necessary. When it comes to his actual beliefs he's crazier than Trump but so far he's been able to keep all that under wraps. Like, if Joe Biden hated a minority group we'd definitely have heard all about it within a week or two of the Obama presidency.

After seeing his sad attempt to intimidate the North Koreans, I get the feeling he would just be a very boring Trump.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

After seeing his sad attempt to intimidate the North Koreans, I get the feeling he would just be a very boring Trump.
He would be worse than Trump because he has a basic understanding about how government works and might get some (awful) poo poo done.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

BrianBoitano posted:

Yeah Pence's need for a chaperone when alone with ladies or drinking is odd and speaks a lot about his self control.

Maybe he's just strangely hot and no woman can resist him. It's for his own protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Paladinus posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!