Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Richard you killed my phone's battery life with your new internet bullshit you gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Russ is never not good.

The music choice was nice and topical this time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Please tell me there is a real life story behind the inspiration to the ending of tonights episode because holy poo poo :lol:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Please tell me there is a real life story behind the inspiration to the ending of tonights episode because holy poo poo :lol:

There's an inmeasurable amount of examples of this if you go looking. Basically, the point is to bait the employee into quitting on their own so that the business can circumvent employment priority rules or so that they can avoid any benefits the employee would be entitled to if they were actually let go. Big organisatons do this all the time. Bigheads roof situation in season 1 was the parody take on this while what happened to Jack here is actually more realistic.

Sweden's largest morning paper tried this a few years ago to get rid of 12 senior journalists during a downsizing spree. They fabricated a fake project and placed them in a storage basement for the better part of 14 months. Over half of the journalists quit out of frustration before the union caught wind of what was going on and sued on the behalf of the survivors. :v:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This is basically Milton getting moved to the basement all over again.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

gret posted:

This is basically Milton getting moved to the basement all over again.

Just needed a red swingline stapler involved :q:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That server guy didnt work at Hooli before either, eh? Good seeing him again.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Cut my life in to pieces

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
This is my first time watching the show since I started trying to learn how to code (sick number guessing game in my python console, yo) and I actually know what they meant by "pushing"! Woooooo!

Anyway, I am still way more invested in the drama than the comedy of the show because the ratio definitely feels tilted that way. Hope it gets to actually move a bit more this season. I really liked Richard's peaceable solution with his crew, and Dinesh getting to be CEO was really sweet.

Tragic lack of Jian Yang.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Jealous Cow posted:

Cut my life in to pieces

That was such a nice touch.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
http://www.piedpiper.com/
Updated. Nothing too different.

Episode was good.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Gavin just staring at that flight path. I hope this back and forth goes on all season.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Harry posted:

Gavin just staring at that flight path. I hope this back and forth goes on all season.

I don't think there will be much back and forth. Gavin moved him to sub basement D.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why didn't Gavin just say no to the Jackson Hole detour?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Because he's a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat. He would have come across as the dickhead if he just put his foot down and said "no, we're going to Moffatt" and he's more comfortable being in a position where he's been wronged somehow.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Colonel Whitey posted:

Because he's a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat. He would have come across as the dickhead if he just put his foot down and said "no, we're going to Moffatt" and he's more comfortable being in a position where he's been wronged somehow.

And Jack could easily have done the same thing about his new office. They're both passive aggressive weiners.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like Cheetos, tastes like rear end in a top hat

New thread title

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man, Richard is a huge bitch.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Good episode. Died at the Papa Roach. Almost as good as the Limp Bizkit. Any Russ is good. The flight path stuff was great.

I do feel like they recycle the same poo poo over and over though, like replacing the CEO every 3 eps? Check.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

If you want to establish a douchebag character, having a lacrosse stick and a Tom Brady jersey in his office is probably the best way to do it.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
yeah that was spot for the typical SV East Coast trustafarian Ivy MBA dude

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm so happy this show is back.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Lets gently caress this thing right in the pussy!
He says, outside of an elementary school.

And somehow Russ is one of the most level-headed dudes in the episode.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GobiasIndustries posted:

I loved Richard warning everybody that he was going to burn out.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Why didn't Gavin just say no to the Jackson Hole detour?

californians are physically incapable of saying no

(but love being butthurt about doing things they could have said no to)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jealous Cow posted:

Cut my life in to pieces

Legit laughed out loud at this because right before he got in his car (with doors like THIS) and drove away, I said aloud "Oh god, what lovely nu metal song is he going to be listening to now?" I love that running gag.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's funny that they have licensed practically every lovely nu metal mega hit now for Russ to peel off in his car to.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

I have actually been pitched startups by Uber drivers in the valley, so that while opening scene was pretty PTSD. I'm not even a VC billionaire!

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Who said anything about respected?

Oh Richard, no.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Richard sucks. He only doesn't like the video chat app because it isn't his and his new idea is basically that thing from The Dark Knight but with the internet.

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

"Now THAT is a man I will pay you to gently caress!"

Even for the Pied Piper failure rollercoaster, it was a pretty weird decision to have the guy famous for defrauding VCs performing the abduction/sales pitch, and not even rename the company to buy them 30 seconds.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I hope that Richard leaving is a real change and let's the show give at least part of the gang some sustained success for once instead of yanking the rug out from under them as soon as things start to look up

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

I hope that Richard leaving is a real change and let's the show give at least part of the gang some sustained success for once instead of yanking the rug out from under them as soon as things start to look up

You think they'll go all season before they need to buy him out for some of his new internet tech or just like 2 episodes?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Cojawfee posted:

Say you want to build a tic tac toe game. You can just sit down and use someone else's tic tac toe langauge and be done in two hours. but ideally, you would design your own tic tac toe language that no one will iterate on because they will build their own. That would take two years. When it's faster to do it wrong, no one will do it right.

I am introducing my brand new internet, durbit. It's like urbit but you build it yourself, and everyone else builds their own durbits. Then you pay me $10,000 to connect your durbits to my main durbit decentral using decentralized blockchain technology. It's a fashion forward, bleeding edge, top down, bottom up, farm to table internet that you create yourself and pay me for.

But is it SOLOMO?

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

You think they'll go all season before they need to buy him out for some of his new internet tech or just like 2 episodes?

2 episodes seems about right for everyone to be back in starting positions.

I'm disappointed that they didn't follow through on Monica being fired and joining the team, but the bathroom view office was great.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Prediction: Russ Hanneman will at some point express surprise that Monica views being able to stare at dongs all day as a punishment

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jealous Cow posted:

He's like me: infinite, unfounded confidence while still extremely awkward.

The sprite reax commercials are kinda funny. and prove that the Verizons glasses guy and Richard coexist in the same universe.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

GobiasIndustries posted:

I love how they strike just the perfect balance of Russ being a lunatic, but also a "knows what he's talking about" kind of guy.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

TheAngryDrunk posted:

I love how they strike just the perfect balance of Russ being a lunatic, but also a "knows what he's talking about" kind of guy.
He was right about Jared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

That guy fucks.

• Locked thread