Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

lol Pat gave Paige poo poo for being bad at zelda and he's been getting bodied by Vah Ruta for over an hour now

He got so salty when he figured out the solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://clips.twitch.tv/TemperedAntediluvianAnacondaDoubleRainbow

pat backdown

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Pat's Mouth: "Paige, you are factually heavier than a 4'11" Japanese shut-in anime girl."
Paige: "....."
Pat's Brain: "You done hosed up now, son."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://clips.twitch.tv/ChillyChillyYogurtOMGScoots

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlueSpeedyIcecreamPicoMause

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Rodyle posted:

You know

I've never really had an issue with "hey where did dragons come from" or "why did Fire appear," I can accept those as just creation myth nonsense, but Seath has always stuck out to me as being weird. How do everlasting dragons, which just always were and have no concept of time, have a species mutation at all, nevermind one with a time limit

Dark Souls

ok so you reminded me about something

In the beginning, the only thing in existance was dragons. At some point fire was created, which led to life being formed. And then the Lords and the humans and Seath and however else killed all the dragons. And then the fire starts to go out, and then everything else in the Dark Souls universe happens as people try to fix the fire.

Looking at it like that, there's really only one place the fire could come from, which is the dragons. Which, makes some sense, as they are dragons. And then all the dragons die and whoops! There are no dragons around to sustain the fire anymore. But Seath would've known that this would be the outcome, and he did it anyway.

What I'm getting at is, that Seath willingly causes the inevitable heat death of the universe because he wanted to read some fuckin books in peace.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I don't believe for a second that Pat figured that one on his own. He must've seen the pics of that beforehand.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I don't believe for a second that Pat figured that one on his own. He must've seen the pics of that beforehand.

I did the same thing in that dungeon (and some shrines). It's really obvious if you just figure out that items conduct electricity like that even on the floor.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You say that like he didn't wander around aimlessly trying to figure it out for ten minutes before eventually finding a single orb and rather than find the other, tried that.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I know the DS playthrough is technically already done, but is it true Pat just condemned the Sieglinde to her death?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

I know the DS playthrough is technically already done, but is it true Pat just condemned the Sieglinde to her death?

I'm pretty sure you get another chance after the next encounter with Papa Siggy.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

I'm pretty sure you get another chance after the next encounter with Papa Siggy.

I could be wrong but I remember answering yes to Sieglinde being required for the quest to advance. You can still meet Siegmeyer in his next location but he'll never show up with his daughter at Ash Lake. Hopefully I'm wrong since that's a cool quest line.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

HGH posted:

Pat can follow stories, but he has this bizarre ability to completely misinterpret things or jump the gun on theorizing.

this is a lot of fun though. his mania and woolie's intense chill are a good combination.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

Genocyber posted:

I could be wrong but I remember answering yes to Sieglinde being required for the quest to advance. You can still meet Siegmeyer in his next location but he'll never show up with his daughter at Ash Lake. Hopefully I'm wrong since that's a cool quest line.
I've looked it up, supposedly it seems it doesn't prevent the end of the quest because they already answered her after killing the golden golem.
Information about this seems really scarce and confusing though.

Under the vegetable posted:

this is a lot of fun though. his mania and woolie's intense chill are a good combination.
It's what gave us "IS THIS ANOR LONDO?!" and many other crazy theories really.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Under the vegetable posted:

yea Pat and Wooie are a strong team because Woolie just wants to go with the flow and Pat reads every line and shouts some insane theory that maybe is connected kinda to one word in that line in a context from three games ago.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Genocyber posted:

Yeah, but what I'm saying is I think you get another chance to say yes, though I'm not 100% on that. DS1 is very weird.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It took Pat about 3 hours to beat two Divine Beasts. Did a lot better on Thunderblight Ganon than I thought he would though.

Also, I asked if Paige would be uploading archives of her streams to youtube and Pat read it out loud in a very holier-than-thou manner and then looked at her very deliberately because he talked to her about exactly that like last night, and apparently she's procrastinated on it for months because Pat's been refusing to help her do it. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

Also, I asked if Paige would be uploading archives of her streams to youtube and Pat read it out loud in a very holier-than-thou manner and then looked at her very deliberately because he talked to her about exactly that like last night, and apparently she's procrastinated on it for months because Pat's been refusing to help her do it. :allears:

I loved that bit :allears:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Seshoho Cian posted:

ok so you reminded me about something

In the beginning, the only thing in existance was dragons. At some point fire was created, which led to life being formed. And then the Lords and the humans and Seath and however else killed all the dragons. And then the fire starts to go out, and then everything else in the Dark Souls universe happens as people try to fix the fire.

Looking at it like that, there's really only one place the fire could come from, which is the dragons. Which, makes some sense, as they are dragons. And then all the dragons die and whoops! There are no dragons around to sustain the fire anymore. But Seath would've known that this would be the outcome, and he did it anyway.

What I'm getting at is, that Seath willingly causes the inevitable heat death of the universe because he wanted to read some fuckin books in peace.

I think you're reading too much into it. One common theme in creation myths is something springing from nothing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grabbing the coin before it lands is brilliant and I'm sure it's been done before but it's new to me.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

RareAcumen posted:

Grabbing the coin before it lands is brilliant and I'm sure it's been done before but it's new to me.

I don't remember if it has, but yeah, that was perfect.

I remember one of the Animated Series episodes that ended with Batman tearing open a bag of coins and Two-Face losing his scarred one, reduced to a sobbing wreck and he shuffles through the piles looking for his coin. Which they ripped off for the movie.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

J.A.B.C. posted:

I don't remember if it has, but yeah, that was perfect.

I remember one of the Animated Series episodes that ended with Batman tearing open a bag of coins and Two-Face losing his scarred one, reduced to a sobbing wreck and he shuffles through the piles looking for his coin. Which they ripped off for the movie.

There's also another episode where Batman switches the coin out for a trick coin that always lands on its edge and Two-Face gets completely incapacitated as he keeps trying to get a result from it.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 24, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

There's also another episode where Batman switches the coin out for a trick coin that always lands on its edge and Two-Face gets completely incapacitated as he keeps trying to get a result from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqGup4UGS_A

BTAS was a great show.

I think there was also a comic where Batman replaces the coin with one that always lands on head and Two-Face almost completely reforms for a while.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rhonne posted:

BTAS was a great show.

BTAS has aged extremely well, even after 20+ years.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm looking forward to Woolie's realization that they're committing to evil Waynes, because he seemed surprised for how long its gone on so far.

edit: holy poo poo the loving pettiest most half-assed edits the Penguin made to the Wayne interface is HYSTERICAL

Nerdietalk fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 24, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ahahahahaha this episode of dark souls has a fantastic moment, when woolie kills that first grub. Perfect, just perfect.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

nerdman42 posted:

I'm looking forward to Woolie's realization that they're committing to evil Waynes, because he seemed surprised for how long its gone on so far.

edit: holy poo poo the loving pettiest most half-assed edits the Penguin made to the Wayne interface is HYSTERICAL

I'm still confused for the narrative point of the Waynes being evil, because thus far it seems like a flimsy excuse for everyone to hate bruce for the actions his parent's did.

Oh and it provided the penguin with some motivation I guess.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I'm into it because it's something different and requires Bruce to not just fight crime because his parents died, but as an actual system wide problem.

But it's largely being used as a narrative excuse yeah

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Monaghan posted:

I'm still confused for the narrative point of the Waynes being evil, because thus far it seems like a flimsy excuse for everyone to hate bruce for the actions his parent's did.

Oh and it provided the penguin with some motivation I guess.

They decided to tell their own Batman story, instead of rehashing the same one everyone else has been telling for years, and that's fantastic.

Lotta changes in their version: Joker's a weird confidant, Selina sees through the Batman disguise basically instantly, Penguin isn't a fat bird person, and so on and so forth. It's especially great that telltale has the guts to do this after The Beast Within, where the first episode ends with, "We might kill ANYONE, don't think you know how this will end because you've read the comics!" and the second episode starts with, "lol, only new characters will die after all."

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

They decided to tell their own Batman story, instead of rehashing the same one everyone else has been telling for years, and that's fantastic.

I like how it forces Batman to look at his history in a new light. Everyone so far has told Batman 'Hey, the Waynes were poo poo, why aren't you changing that?' and it's a legitimate neat sort of angle. Yeah, sure, they haven't capitalized on it fully, but having a legit grievance against the Waynes rather than some petty revenge really brings out some good motivations.

Also, Really want to see how Joker comes back. I liked his performance, you get to see how he is when he's trying to curry favor and influence people to his own ends, which is usually just an informed trait.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

Also, Really want to see how Joker comes back. I liked his performance, you get to see how he is when he's trying to curry favor and influence people to his own ends, which is usually just an informed trait.

At this point I just assume he's a hook for a hypothetical season 2.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Joker as a dude who just loves being in Arkham and is angling for all the advantages without necessarily being a threat is pretty cool.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Yeah despite me being ambivalent on the wayne's portrayal (what with my my personal belief batman's childhood and parents should be idyllic as possible) I think their version of the joker is really good.

EDIT- oh yeah and I think thematically that the wayne's deaths work way better if it was just some mugging gone bad than a planned assassination.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 24, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think Woolie described my exact thought on the Capra demon / demon ruin enemy placement with "mouse dropped"

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

I think Woolie described my exact thought on the Capra demon / demon ruin enemy placement with "mouse dropped"
And this area is still 1 million times better than the start of Izalith.

J.A.B.C. posted:

I like how it forces Batman to look at his history in a new light. Everyone so far has told Batman 'Hey, the Waynes were poo poo, why aren't you changing that?' and it's a legitimate neat sort of angle. Yeah, sure, they haven't capitalized on it fully, but having a legit grievance against the Waynes rather than some petty revenge really brings out some good motivations.

But what is he supposed to do? He was literally building a new, better, mental institution before he even found out about the Waynes' history. He was funding a (at the time) sensible candidate for the mayor's post. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Bruce is no stranger to giving to charity either. I'm the first to back Eat the Rich but people blaming Bruce for something his parents did is dumb.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Foxhound posted:

I don't know if it speaks to my gently caress up, or poor level design, but I missed the entrance to Izalith from Centapede Demon's room because I missed the cave passage to the next area. I thought I had to do something at the big thing that totally looks like a door in that room, then gave up and back tracked to figure out where else I could use the lava ring.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Foxhound posted:

But what is he supposed to do? He was literally building a new, better, mental institution before he even found out about the Waynes' history. He was funding a (at the time) sensible candidate for the mayor's post. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Bruce is no stranger to giving to charity either. I'm the first to back Eat the Rich but people blaming Bruce for something his parents did is dumb.

I agree, Bruce isn't his parents and he shows that by not being poo poo. But having such a large part of his image shaken and used against him is a neat story beat for me. Not really about 'Eat the Rich' more than realizing your past isn't perfect and the fallout from that realization having impact. Lady Arkham is a real wasted opportunity, though. Feels like a super flat 'this could've been YOU' villain.

Joker's 'Hey Zsasz!' scene was great, though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Man I really can't think of an intro I like better than Yakuza's (besides Punpun, obviously).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Rodyle posted:

Man I really can't think of an intro I like better than Yakuza's (besides Punpun, obviously).

Not even this one?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Oxyclean posted:

I don't know if it speaks to my gently caress up, or poor level design, but I missed the entrance to Izalith from Centapede Demon's room because I missed the cave passage to the next area. I thought I had to do something at the big thing that totally looks like a door in that room, then gave up and back tracked to figure out where else I could use the lava ring.

Yeah, I also miss the cave passage often when replaying the game, even though I should now where it is by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nope.

There IS Star's intro for Creepy Anime Bullshit which broke Baal though.