Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Please rename to armyman69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
have the kafirs of d&d denied abu murderbot his glorious martyrdom?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They gassed the thread which takes away the ability to give a 6 hour, and an admin hasn't gotten to the modqeue yet.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I assume that my suicide vest was improperly worn or I forgot to add minutes to my calling card :(

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

was it e co

im surprised to be honest. I was in A co when i went through, and there wasn't any mystical background like there was about f co

also wtf is going on now there. there must be a lot of angry formations, and that is hilarious to me

There are now a bunch of privates claiming it was their company, so I can't really tell what is true and what not, but Echo was the origin, yeah. Echo is also the one with the "hooah airborne all the way"-commander who makes them do PT seven days a week every week sundays included because "fit to fight" and "airborne runs" or some poo poo.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 25, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mlmp08 posted:

Fratricide should maybe be forgiven when there's a line of people visibly in severe discomfort trying to hold in piss or poo poo and then some loving clown who wouldn't let them forward in line comes back with an empty cup or like some piddly amount that doesn't qualify as a sample.

I always loved having NCOs getting mad at me for not being able to piss right after the morning PT formation surprise urinalysis announcement.

Really not sure why it's hard to comprehend that some people wake up and go piss right away and how that makes it less than easy to produce an entire urinalysis sample like half an hour later.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

There are now a bunch of privates claiming it was their company, so I can't really tell what is true and what not, but Echo was the origin, yeah. Echo is also the one with the "hooah airborne all the way"-commander who makes them do PT seven days a week every week sundays included because "fit to fight" and "airborne runs" or some poo poo.

:catstare: sorry sir i was passed out drunk in some hotel room out in town, forgot about our weekend run

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:catstare: sorry sir i was passed out drunk in some hotel room out in town, forgot about our weekend run

There are no overnight passes anymore in Fort Sam. Even weekends it's bedcheck at 2000 or 2100, and morning formation somewhere between 0400 and 0600.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Also I've been a holdover here for more than three weeks. First formation every loving day at 0430, and we get released at 1815 or so, to a 2000 bedcheck. I have to choose between dinner or gym during that small amount of free time, yet I can't go to the gym on duty time. Well what do I do? Nothing. I sit in the MPR that whole loving time.

Great way to exercise for airborne school. My ATRRS reservation showed ship out 28th but my Ops SGT told me I have to wait yet another week here. gently caress this place.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Use regular times and not so many acronyms argghhh you're loving triggering me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Whoa there's tradoc posts that dont do 7 days a week PT for IET soldiers?

If I had known that I might have pushed for an instructor job a bit harder

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I don't even know what ATRRS is an abbreviation off.

Today I found a pic of myself, trying to get my platoon to a rendezvouz point on time. (I loving didn't)

My angry empty stare is because somehow my soul saw into the future where my dumbass would go down to a private and do it even dumber in another country.

gently caress this.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

milk milk lemonade posted:

Use regular times and not so many acronyms argghhh you're loving triggering me

I still use 24 hour time in tons of places. It really is just easier for international stuff.

Not at all sad to be forgetting a lot of the acronyms though. What a horrible habit that was.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Well you are a medic so you won't be doing that in country.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I loving hate medic poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Whoa there's tradoc posts that dont do 7 days a week PT for IET soldiers?

If I had known that I might have pushed for an instructor job a bit harder

i guess my analogue would be soi, and they let us go for the weekends

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

I don't even know what ATRRS is an abbreviation off.

Today I found a pic of myself, trying to get my platoon to a rendezvouz point on time. (I loving didn't)

My angry empty stare is because somehow my soul saw into the future where my dumbass would go down to a private and do it even dumber in another country.

gently caress this.

We warned you about stairsjoining the us army bro. We told you dog.

It keeps happening! - Vahakyla

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

We warned you about stairsjoining the us army bro. We told you dog.

It keeps happening! - Vahakyla

his thin veneer of false moto is wearing off already

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
This thursday, or the next I am off to jump school and my soul gets all the fresh hooah again.

I legit miss being a leader though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vahakyla posted:

This thursday, or the next I am off to jump school and my soul gets all the fresh hooah again.

Lmao

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Vahakyla posted:

loving LMAO

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
That is easily one of the funniest goddamn things I've read in this thread in ages

make sure the guidon bearer is squared away dude!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
No, I meant like in the finnish army, when I had zero guidons and a platoon of riflemen, a hot FO, and a funny RTO.

I'm going through all of my old photos. I miss those idiots.

I loving hate these american guidons and loving student "leadership".

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vahakyla posted:

There are no overnight passes anymore in Fort Sam. Even weekends it's bedcheck at 2000 or 2100, and morning formation somewhere between 0400 and 0600.

hahahahhahahahahahha

we had Saturday night passes after week 5, and fri/sat passes after week 10

we had a 4 day pass for 4th of July. I spent it drunkenly stumbling around san antonio and loving life

is the hacienda still there

what about the waterslides

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Hacienda is verboten. The Air Force goes there, or maybe some other ranch, still. Navy Water park Water slidesare forbidden. Many restaurants are, as is six flags.
What does it matter, there is no free time to do anything.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 25, 2017

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

No, I meant like in the finnish army, when I had zero guidons and a platoon of riflemen, a hot FO, and a funny RTO.

I'm going through all of my old photos. I miss those idiots.

I loving hate these american guidons and loving student "leadership".

Let the hatred flow through you, my young apprentice. 😈

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what is the finnish army version of hooah?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The cycle of weenie continues unbroken.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm trying to think, but I don't there is a general one. You usually yell your platoons name. It was usually a medieval weapon, and we'd use it as our MOUT-shout too, busting thru rooms. I don't know if americans yell to warn friendlies, but we did it.

"Flail! Flail!"

"Ruoska! Ruoska!"

It wasn't used as commonly as hooah, though.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 25, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Just lol.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
You self owned and all you had to do was listen to some loving randos on the internet.

Pro tip: if you get kicked out for being fat it's still an honorable. Also unless you're charged with a crime and get a BCD or something no one will care how your discharge was characterized

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lead from the front, flailbardiche?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

lead from the front, flailbardiche?

blunt tip of the spoon?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sounds like you got a lack of heart sisu

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Our mortar team was "vetokoukku", which basically is "trailer hitch". Yes they were very proud of it.

I don't wanna go home. I love the Army. I graduated AIT, I just wanna get the gently caress out of here, get more college, see my wife, etc.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Vahakyla posted:

Also I've been a holdover here for more than three weeks. First formation every loving day at 0430, and we get released at 1815 or so, to a 2000 bedcheck. I have to choose between dinner or gym during that small amount of free time, yet I can't go to the gym on duty time. Well what do I do? Nothing. I sit in the MPR that whole loving time.

Great way to exercise for airborne school. My ATRRS reservation showed ship out 28th but my Ops SGT told me I have to wait yet another week here. gently caress this place.

push

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Vahakyla posted:

Our mortar team was "vetokoukku", which basically is "trailer hitch". Yes they were very proud of it.

I don't wanna go home. I love the Army. I graduated AIT, I just wanna get the gently caress out of here, get more college, see my wife, etc.

You don't know you love the Army. My advice: eat lots of ice cream and get fat then fail tape problem solved

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

Sounds like you got a lack of heart sisu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
you run real goddamn slow in airborne school so unless you just forget the physical movements required to run you should be able to go a few weeks without any physical activity and do a stupid rear end airborne shuffle without too much issue.