Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

SPY poo poo RULES

Tunnel snakes rule!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ximxe4XtU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
Wow holy poo poo. It all goes back to Chuck not liking Jimmy being a lawyer too. What a piece of poo poo...that's your brother...

MarksMan fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 25, 2017

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
Chuck you miserable little poo poo-sucking gently caress

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yep boom, he wants Jimmy disbarred. gently caress Chuck.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lotus circle posted:

Yep boom, he wants Jimmy disbarred. gently caress Chuck.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Chuuuuuuuuuuuuck

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
We all know where this is going.

Edit: FIGHT JIMMY FIGHT

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Fallacy of sunk cost :unsmith:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Closing line :allears:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
make sure you turn it sideways first, Jimmy

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
This will not end well for anybody.

But hooo boy am I going to love watching McGill vs. McGill: Desert Justice unfold in court.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

timp posted:

Can anyone confirm whether or not these typically go live on AMC.com right at 10, or will I need to wait? Last week I was able to watch starting around 11:30 but I didn't check it any sooner than that.

Just checked for you, it's already up

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Jimmy and Kim are so good, it makes me depressed that she's completely absent in his life once BB starts.

Anyways get hyped for court battles.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chuck just can't let it go.

Mike's and Jimmy's stories need to be two different shows now, gently caress it, I'd watch both.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bobby Digital posted:

Just checked for you, it's already up

Good to know for future reference, thanks! I ended up watching the live stream this time. http://amc.com/livestream/

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I really hope they make it as painful on Chuck as possible and he dies

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Rewatching the start of the episode - really clever showing of the passage of time with those sneakers.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lotus circle posted:

Jimmy and Kim are so good, it makes me depressed that she's completely absent in his life once BB starts.
Why would Saul tell any of his clients he had a woman he loved?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I really hope they make it as painful on Chuck as possible and he dies

The last time I felt this way he passed out in a copy shop and hit his head real hard and I sorta felt bad for him :smith:

Next time, however, I'm not so sure he'll get that from me. Kind of want to see a courtroom freakout on this level https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ew6K0W3RY

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

lotus circle posted:

Rewatching the start of the episode - really clever showing of the passage of time with those sneakers.

Yep, reminds me of the Dark Territory/Train Job episode of Breaking Bad where you see a kid finding a spider in the desert, train toot in the background, and you're just like huh that's weird and then it comes back later in the episode and I love it every time they do it.

Glad they're going to trial, it'd be real disappointing if they didn't, and drat Mike is just a stone cold badass. I loved him lining up these sick killshots each time on the Cartel goons and then just firing in the air, reminding himself that they're living because he allows it, then he hits the toe of a freaking hanging and swinging shoe from like 400 yards away.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

NowonSA posted:

Yep, reminds me of the Dark Territory/Train Job episode of Breaking Bad where you see a kid finding a spider in the desert, train toot in the background, and you're just like huh that's weird and then it comes back later in the episode and I love it every time they do it.

Glad they're going to trial, it'd be real disappointing if they didn't, and drat Mike is just a stone cold badass. I loved him lining up these sick killshots each time on the Cartel goons and then just firing in the air, reminding himself that they're living because he allows it, then he hits the toe of a freaking hanging and swinging shoe from like 400 yards away.

I could not for the life of me figure out why he needed them to hear gunshots but gently caress that was a great plan and a great reveal.

EDIT: the only suspension of disbelief that occurred to me though: what if they hadn't parked directly under the shoes?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

timp posted:

I could not for the life of me figure out why he needed them to hear gunshots but gently caress that was a great plan and a great reveal.

EDIT: the only suspension of disbelief that occurred to me though: what if they hadn't parked directly under the shoes?
He could have still shot at the shoe just as they drove by, which would still scatter some cocaine onto the truck.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I would like it if the actress who plays Kim wins an Emmy. She's real good :)

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
I love how Jimmy bought a lunch he clearly didn't want to eat, and the sheer joy on Petty with a Prior's face when he got a free meal was almost too much. They really don't pay that guy well enough.

It's hard for me to see what Jimmy and Kim's angle for a trial is, with three witnesses it seems to me that the ADA has Jimmy pretty much dead to rights. Maybe Jimmy could bargain away the assault, but the prosecutor seems intent on nailing him with the felony B&E, which is gonna mean disbarment for sure.

As a further note, when I rewatched Jimmy's breakdown I noticed that right before Howard stepped in Jimmy mentioned burning Chuck's house down. :eyepop:

lotus circle posted:

Nice catch, I didn't really connect the dots properly because I didn't consider the possibility of a flashforward.

e: I don't understand Chuck's plan with the deal unless he's planning ahead and already knows that Jimmy will reject it. Maybe the point is to make sure the prosecutor is infuriated with Jimmy no matter what? My point is that if Jimmy is disbarred then he won't be a criminal lawyer, but in all likelihood he'll just go back to another form of crime as long as he's not entirely under Chuck's thumb. Maybe my point is that I have no idea what Chuck thinks can happen in order for the story to end 'and then Jimmy behaved for the rest of his days', what's his endgame?

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 25, 2017

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
I assume based on the opening that Gus has been surveiling their gun dropoff point long enough to notice that Hector's goons use the shoes as a waypoint and park underneath it Everytime.

EDIT: Woops, looks like my DVR cut off a big chunk of the opening, and I didn't realise it was a flash forward. Caught it on the encore.

This show continues to hit it out of the park. People complain about it being slow, but I am in love with how unabashedly character focused it is. I think I might like it better than BB?

Zohn fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 25, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
gently caress Chuck for firing Ernesto!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zohn posted:

I assume based on the opening that Gus has been surveiling their gun dropoff point long enough to notice that Hector's goons use the shoes as a waypoint and park underneath it Everytime.

The shoes in the opening were the same shoes Mike threw up there, a long time later. Note that the truck was also a Los Pollos Hermanos truck, rather than Hector's truck as this was taking place after Gus had taken over their route.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Ernesto is going to end up getting depressed and develop an eating disorder. He really will be reborn as Huell.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

haha wait I assumed this whole time that Chuck did something like have Howard and the P.I. sign sworn statements that they had listened to the contents of the tape and that Jimmy would be charged for what he confessed to on the tape. Is he actually such a piece of poo poo that it's not even about that anymore?

The tape itself is basically worthless in a court of law. This point has been hammered home over the past two episodes. Why would the sworn statements of two people who listened to it be worth anything when the goddamn tape itself isn't?

In Chuck's mind, Jimmy deserves to be punished for committing the first felony, but since it's impossible to prove, he concocted a scheme to bait Jimmy into committing another felony that's more easily proven. It's never really been fully about what's on the tape, though. It's always been a mixture of Chuck being jealous of Jimmy for his success and popularity, and him genuinely wanting Jimmy to be punished for routinely bending and breaking the law he holds so sacred.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Zohn posted:

This show continues to hit it out of the park. People complain about it being slow, but I am in love with how unabashedly character focused it is. I think I might like it better than BB?
The shoes aren't a marker for Hector's goons, this is presumably the same location used by the previous driver to stash his gun. The beginning of the episode is a flashforward, showing a Pollos Hermanos truck instead of a Helado Whatever truck, showing that Gus' pipeline is ferrying drugs while the Salamanca pipeline is dry.

e:f,b

e2: I just realized how Jimmy screaming "and I'll have witnesses!" to the captain in the season premiere reflects how he should be screwed if the B&E case goes to trial.

FreeKillB fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 25, 2017

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cnut the Great posted:

The tape itself is basically worthless in a court of law. This point has been hammered home over the past two episodes. Why would the sworn statements of two people who listened to it be worth anything when the goddamn tape itself isn't?

In Chuck's mind, Jimmy deserves to be punished for committing the first felony, but since it's impossible to prove, he concocted a scheme to bait Jimmy into committing another felony that's more easily proven. It's never really been fully about what's on the tape, though. It's always been a mixture of Chuck being jealous of Jimmy for his success and popularity, and him genuinely wanting Jimmy to be punished for routinely bending and breaking the law he holds so sacred.
A huge part of why that tape was worthless was that "he could argue it's not his voice" kind of went kaput when Jimmy burst in shouting "YOU TAPED ME?!" and if Jimmy had tried to steal the tape under the cover of darkness or whatever that would have essentially proven that the confession on the tape was legitimate, whereas with him doing, well, what he did, let there be much more of a gray area that I've been theorizing about all week.
But hell, isn't the contents of the tape gonna come up in court anyways? Considering that's what all the property destruction was about?

Anyway, I have NO loving idea how Kim and Jimmy are going to approach this trial.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

A huge part of why that tape was worthless was that "he could argue it's not his voice" kind of went kaput when Jimmy burst in shouting "YOU TAPED ME?!" and if Jimmy had tried to steal the tape under the cover of darkness or whatever that would have essentially proven that the confession on the tape was legitimate, whereas with him doing, well, what he did, let there be much more of a gray area that I've been theorizing about all week.
But hell, isn't the contents of the tape gonna come up in court anyways? Considering that's what all the property destruction was about?

Anyway, I have NO loving idea how Kim and Jimmy are going to approach this trial.

Probably something like "Chuck is crazy". Don't even worry about the two witnesses.

Being guilty doesn't always mean getting a conviction; you just have to get the jury on your side. And Jimmy is really, really good at winning the affection of the common man (especially if there are any elders on the jury)

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Kim pointed out last episode exactly what everyone in this thread has been saying: Even if forced to concede that the voice is his, Jimmy can credibly claim that he was just telling Chuck what he wanted to hear to snap him out of a complete mental breakdown. In this scenario, he came to steal the tape because he was afraid of the possibility of the tape being used to falsely implicate him. And then there are the other problematic elements pointed out by Howard which would still apply.

But there's no wiggle room on breaking and entering with the intent to commit a burglary, with three witnesses present.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You play up the brother angle, point out that Jimmy used to have a key to the place and provided aid to his brother for what was probably a few years. You downplay the assault because after all he never hit the guy, that's the easiest one to toss out. Destruction of property you can throw some murkiness on by somehow arguing that it was his tape recorder, muck up the chain of possession of Chuck having it. Also it's a tape recorder, why do you own anything electrical with this wild electrical disability you have?

B&E becomes painted as Jimmy being concerned for Chuck's safety, which is also the argument he'll use if the contents of the tape get brought up at trial, which they probably will.

Jimmy's biggest advantage though is his charisma and likeability, Kim's right that he shouldn't defend himself but he'll make for a hell of a witness and come up with a story that will at least throw some reasonable doubt on what went down. Chuck's going to be a solid witness for part of it, but no way he holds up under intense cross examination. You can throw shade on the other Witnesses by saying "Oh, so you're a PI hired by HHM and Chuck's law partner? Oh yeah, I'm sure you're unbiased witnesses and have no reason to make my client look bad," that kinda thing.

Make no mistake Jimmy's up against it and his actual guilt is going to make it hard, but what we know about BB notwithstanding I expect he gets a full on not guilty verdict and it really makes Chuck flip the hell out. And at this point it wouldn't surprise me if the real seed money to start operating as Saul Goodman, the caddilac and the new office, come from Chuck either dying or being declared mentally unfit and Jimmy sells his house for the cash.

Anyway, everything in this season has been real good and I have high hopes for a big deal season finale that really changes things for both Jimmy and Mike. I don't want to see Rhea go at all, but I could easily see Kim choosing to no longer be a part of Jimmy's life as the big season 3 finale cliffhanger.

Edit: Also I'm really looking forward to what plans Mike and Gus come up with together, even this first plan together we've seen is Heisenberg level and it should only go up from there. I can also definitely confirm that it's a flashforward in the beginning of the episode: we see the stop sign (ALTO) with no bullet holes when it's the cartel's ice cream truck driving past, and when it's Los Pollos (start of episode) it's full of bullet holes, which might very well be related to the transition of who runs that drug route.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 25, 2017

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

NowonSA posted:

Anyway, everything in this season has been real good and I have high hopes for a big deal season finale that really changes things for both Jimmy and Mike. I don't want to see Rhea go at all, but I could easily see Kim choosing to no longer be a part of Jimmy's life as the big season 3 finale cliffhanger.

I'm a bad person because a big part of me wants Kim to just go full Saul along with Jimmy so they don't have to split up.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cnut the Great posted:

I'm a bad person because a big part of me wants Kim to just go full Saul along with Jimmy so they don't have to split up.

I'm willing to bet the series ends with Jimmy being alone in Omaha forever or Kim shows up at the Cinnabon.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

timp posted:

The last time I felt this way he passed out in a copy shop and hit his head real hard and I sorta felt bad for him :smith:

Next time, however, I'm not so sure he'll get that from me. Kind of want to see a courtroom freakout on this level https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Ew6K0W3RY

Jack should have been the pretty with a prior prosecutor guy that ate his fries tonight

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Jimmy and Kim are probably angling on Chuck having a mental breakdown and never making it to court. If Chuck is able to keep his poo poo together, Jimmy is hosed.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

Jimmy and Kim are probably angling on Chuck having a mental breakdown and never making it to court. If Chuck is able to keep his poo poo together, Jimmy is hosed.

Thinking about it, we all expect Chuck to melt down under the lights. It may be more interesting if he's able to keep it together and not really get shaken at all, and shrug off the mud they do sling at him. We know it's all in Chuck's head, and when it comes to screwing Jimmy over he's able to power through a lot of Electro-waves. We could see Chuck really slam them and they both know they're screwed, and Jimmy has to take a full-measure Saul action to get himself acquitted.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I liked this episode a lot more than the first two. My wife commented on how it seemed short but I think it was just that there was less meandering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I don't have any experience with the long dick of the law but wouldn't the police basically give him a "ticket" that says yo come to court you were arrested if they showed up to a calm placid family dispute like that instead of baking him away

Pretty sure they wouldn't even show up for anything less than attempted ax murder in some places

• Locked thread