Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical Sass
Nov 11, 2009

...and you're worried about me gaying up the place.
From Facebook:

quote:

Funny Katana moment of the day:

She lost her sunglasses at safeway!! It was Soooo funny!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
haha Katana you are the living end girl!!!

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I saw a piece of graffiti once that said "Kimono was here."

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

LSD at the gangbang posted:

I saw a piece of graffiti once that said "Kimono was here."

All I can picture is the Japanese version of

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

There's apparently a nationwide manhunt for Steve "Stevie Steve" Stephens.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

rodbeard posted:

There's apparently a nationwide manhunt for Steve "Stevie Steve" Stephens.

Nationwide? That's insane, why would anyone ever want to leave Cleveland?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Sirwilliam

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012
I attended an event where one of the honorees was named Foster Snodgrass Jr. and I just about died when I saw that name on the program.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

TheWorstAtWords posted:

I attended an event where one of the honorees was named Foster Snodgrass Jr. and I just about died when I saw that name on the program.

Did he match his name, or no ?

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
This just popped up on my Facebook. If these two kids were friends at least it bodes well for the future of religious peace.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
There was a boy named Dodger at work last night.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
That Jihad kid just reminded me that this happened: US parents sue to call baby girl Allah

Georgia parents win legal battle to name baby girl Allah

jojoinnit has a new favorite as of 03:56 on Apr 23, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Male Tears posted:

This just popped up on my Facebook. If these two kids were friends at least it bodes well for the future of religious peace.

That's kind of amazing.

Also, I hope they've been found.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
I suppose it's not so terrible by this thread's standards (and the native language is Japanese), but I've got a little girl in my class named Nene. Like nay-nay

Another is named Urara (sounds like oo-la-la).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it sure is nuts that other languages have different names than english does

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Still, Oodashladashla?

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Alaois posted:

it sure is nuts that other languages have different names than english does

They're quite unusual names in Japan, so I felt they fit the theme by being both weird and sounding bad.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Queen Gnome posted:

They're quite unusual names in Japan, so I felt they fit the theme by being both weird and sounding bad.

Urara is probably because of the game Space Channel 5, but Nene isn't a particularly weird name in Japanese - goes back at least 500 years if nothing else. Congrats on your projecting racism though!

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

ookiimarukochan posted:

Urara is probably because of the game Space Channel 5, but Nene isn't a particularly weird name in Japanese - goes back at least 500 years if nothing else. Congrats on your projecting racism though!

lol chill. The kanji her family chose for Nene is bizarre, and my Japanese coworkers commented on it pretty negatively. You might want to get after everyone laughing at the Asians with a name tags like "Ka Ching" if you're on an anti-racist crusade.

This is a thread aimed at making fun of names.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

at sushi bar Ching Chong Wing Wong :stonk:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Don't y'all be dicks. No one's racist just because they don't have a compendium of [ethnicity] names at their disposal.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Still, Oodashladashla?

This is the correct repsonse.

Queen Gnome posted:

I had a pair of twins called Yuya and Yuuya once...that was FUN.

Never met a Nene or an Urara, but I remember meeting a guy called Setsuna and being surprised because I thought that was a girl's name (helloooooo Sailor Pluto DUH).

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Just saw Jennica pop up on my facebook

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Gloryhold It! posted:

Just saw Jennica pop up on my facebook

I knew a girl called Jennica; people would always assume someone had spelled Jessica wrong and she'd just sigh. It's a pretty name, though!

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Courtesy of the Minnehaha County Jail "find an inmate" listing...

Manamanya! (which is probably a not abnormal name in I'm assuming somewhere in northern africa given his last name.
Allyn
Sean Patrick O'Toole who is in jail on his not-first DWI.
Trelee
Heinji
Baunita

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

AA is for Quitters posted:

Manamanya! (which is probably a not abnormal name in I'm assuming somewhere in northern africa given his last name.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I knew a girl called Jennica; people would always assume someone had spelled Jessica wrong and she'd just sigh. It's a pretty name, though!

I knew a Jerrica, but I kinda like the name.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Never met a Nene or an Urara, but I remember meeting a guy called Setsuna and being surprised because I thought that was a girl's name (helloooooo Sailor Pluto DUH).

weird, back when I was a greasy anime and vidya game nerd, pretty much every character named "Setsuna" to show up in the media I watched was male. Though a lot of Japanese names are unisex, even those more strongly associated with one sex rather than the other.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Mr. Belpit posted:

weird, back when I was a greasy anime and vidya game nerd, pretty much every character named "Setsuna" to show up in the media I watched was male. Though a lot of Japanese names are unisex, even those more strongly associated with one sex rather than the other.

Excuse me, how dare you imply that there was ever an anime other than Sailor Moon. I refuse to hear such nonsense!

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I knew a Jerrica, but I kinda like the name.

Sounds like a poorly-spelt feminised version of Jericho.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Istari posted:

Sounds like a poorly-spelt feminised version of Jericho.

From Jem and the Holograms, I daresay.

SnafuAl
Oct 20, 2010

VR! VR! VR!
BLOODY VR!

My job involves dealing with police officers pretty often. Two we saw today were Jonathan Frisky, ironically a member of a Sexual Offences Investigation team, and Joanne Reamsbottom. Not a misspelled Ramsbottom, we checked.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Undersherrif Bork

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I helped a L'oreal apply for a credit card today.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Someone who works at my university is named Brittany Lickers

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
wife said a kid came into her work with the name Abcde pronounced AB-si-dee

then i googled it and it's a common problem:

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/society/people-named-abcde/

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

My girlfriend told me she worked with kids named Lemonjello and Oranjello and I told her that was a stupid urban legend, until she actually produced proof that those were indeed their names. I think all those stupid joke names like La-a, Abcde, etc. have been in the public consciousness for so long now that they're actually coming true.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
We just need a Male and Female pronounced Molly and Fa-Molly c'mon people get the hat trick

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
A mother and son: Kathryne and Kyuss

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Kee-yus? Kay-us? Kwee-yous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

genetic_knockout posted:

Kee-yus? Kay-us? Kwee-yous?

I'd pronounce it ki (like 'eye') - us but I don't know what the official pronunciation is. Maybe it's only one syllable :ohdear: