Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It looks like Trackmania except cheap and golf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh I guess Tecmo Koei likes how they're doing with Switch because they just announced the new Nobunaga's Ambition game and they added a Switch version to their usual PC/PS4 versions.

Then again I guess it won't matter on this end if TK USA only decides to localize the PC/PS4 versions like they're doing for the new RoTK game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I've got Switchmania

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I like minigolf. I think I would play that.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Argue posted:

I hooked up my R-joycon to my PC via Bluetooth and with the help of JoyToKey I can now draw on my favorite drawing programs without having to fumble for shortcuts on the keyboard or hunting for buttons on the screen every time I want to undo or whatever. A++ highly recommended thanks Nintendo

How's the IR stuff work? Can you map it like a Wiimote and use it with a sensor bar?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
You guys know what it's called when you hit a ball from one minigolf course to the next? Intercourse that's what heyoo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ur punder arrest

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

How's the IR stuff work? Can you map it like a Wiimote and use it with a sensor bar?

Sorry, I hope I didn't inadvertently mislead--I'm not using the joycon itself to do the lines; I have a tablet for that. I hold the pen in my left hand and the R-joycon in my other hand. This is a lot more useful than it sounds because the alternative is to hunt for tiny buttons on the UI, or use keyboard shortcuts, which may or may not require both hands--either of those kinda breaks my flow.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, JoyToKey doesn't know how to read IR stuff, or gestures. That said, I'd love to find a way, because it would be pretty dope if I could hold ZR and have a color palette pop up that I could navigate via gestures, or even better, actually use it to do 3D stuff somehow.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Argue posted:

Sorry, I hope I didn't inadvertently mislead--I'm not using the joycon itself to do the lines; I have a tablet for that. I hold the pen in my left hand and the R-joycon in my other hand. This is a lot more useful than it sounds because the alternative is to hunt for tiny buttons on the UI, or use keyboard shortcuts, which may or may not require both hands--either of those kinda breaks my flow.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, JoyToKey doesn't know how to read IR stuff, or gestures. That said, I'd love to find a way, because it would be pretty dope if I could hold ZR and have a color palette pop up that I could navigate via gestures, or even better, actually use it to do 3D stuff somehow.

Some quick googling seems to indicate the joy-cons only use gyros, no IR camera correction - which would normally mean it sucks but I dunno, maybe Nintendo's managed to fix the gyro drift issues. But yeah that setup sounds like it could be improved by some gyro mapping, maybe 360ce could handle that kind of stuff?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Evil Ryu confirmed for Brawl

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/856750380536877057

Also confirmed in dev is League of Evil, a fairly stock-standard Super Meat Boy-style affair that I enjoyed my time with waaaaaay back in the day on my iPhone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOj2YT8P3w4

Wouldn't expect great things from it, but it's probably worth it if it's around $5ish

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I am pretty sure it's May 23rd. I live in Japan and bought the physical version and can confirm all the voice acting and writing are the same as the NA version of the PS4 release. There is an option for Japanese audio with English subtitles that might not have been in the NA release.

All of the DLC is is included and immediately unlockable if you want it.

I have always had a love/hate relationship with Disgaea but the combat is super refined and a ton of fun. I skip through most of the story since it's all nonsense anyway but it's a hell of a lot of fun to try to break the game with crazy builds.

The best thing about Disgaea games is you can say gently caress all to the game's story and just spend a few hours loving around in the item world and then just blaze through the story levels because you hit level 300 in some asinine way.

It's awesome.

I just dislike the entire grinding for stats thing, especially finding statisticians and whatnot, but it could be worse I guess Felonies

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Evil Ryu confirmed for Brawl

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/856750380536877057

Also confirmed in dev is League of Evil, a fairly stock-standard Super Meat Boy-style affair that I enjoyed my time with waaaaaay back in the day on my iPhone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOj2YT8P3w4

Wouldn't expect great things from it, but it's probably worth it if it's around $5ish

Gonna play the gently caress out of Dark Ribbon

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Gimme that fuckin golf game for 15 or lesss.

But gimme the KARTS!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Q: What is Donald Trump's favorite Joycon color?

A: Piss yellow

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please don't compare cool things to Trump

Kashuno posted:

Gonna play the gently caress out of Dark Ribbon

2Dark2Edgy4Mii

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'll buy a piss left and a gray right so I have all four colors and know I'll have a working lefty.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Thank you for giving monkeu a real probation and not some six hour bullshit, Videogames.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I feel like I have a probation on life and it will only be lifted when mk8dx frees me.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

MK8D arrives Friday. The kids and I are home all day Saturday. Win win win ?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I feel like I have a probation on life and it will only be lifted when mk8dx frees me.

Same but the dust on my switch console (tm)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm seein Nobunaga's Ambition coming to Switch but all I'm thinking is, when the gently caress is Yakuza coming to Switch. It's bad enough only Nippon got the Yakuza 1+2 game for WiiU.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Still waiting on my delivery but I decided to go out and get a Pro controller, Breath of the Wild, and a new miniSD in the meantime.

The controller is really nice to hold. I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise to anyone, but it's just nice. I was sadly reminded that games no longer come with instruction booklets. I miss those. Lastly I got a microSDXC 128 GB, which is probably overkill, but when I heard that the native 32 GB card was taken up half by Zelda I figured that 64 wouldn't be enough. It seems the system needs an update for the SDXC to work though, I imagine it's something that happens pretty much immediately?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm seein Nobunaga's Ambition coming to Switch but all I'm thinking is, when the gently caress is Yakuza coming to Switch. It's bad enough only Nippon got the Yakuza 1+2 game for WiiU.

Those also the only Yakuza games on a not Sony platform so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Yikes. That music is godawful and the art direction actually angers me.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I tend to give the GameXplain guys a break, but Andre's nonstop tweeting about how much he owns in MK8, trash talking other reviewers who have the game, combined with the smuggest cartoon avatar I've ever seen, is insufferable.

The worst part is when you unfollow someone on Twitter you still see their likes so him liking everyone acquiesing to his mad skills still comes up.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Modus Pwnens posted:

Yikes. That music is godawful and the art direction actually angers me.

It looks like a one of the dozens of low-rent animated movies that Dreamworks cranks out each year. A total lack of direction other than "new and 3d and fun, you know, for kids!"

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sure would like to play puyo puyo tetris on its release date thanks nintendo

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Empress Brosephine posted:

sure would like to play puyo puyo tetris on its release date thanks nintendo
Good news! You can!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Edit: poo poo. Maybe this is a software bug?

https://twitter.com/OhSnappleitsDan/status/856863665798205442

Good news for colorblind players.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 25, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

parallelodad posted:

I'll still vote for Michelle. She needs to run. Every speech can just be about how she doesn't want to run and refuses the parties nomination, she'd still win.

Okay you're doing it on purpose now.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Just a friendly reminder that FIRE EMBLEM is soon

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Edit: poo poo. Maybe this is a software bug?

https://twitter.com/OhSnappleitsDan/status/856863665798205442

Good news for colorblind players.
I think we're going to need some context here.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Puyo Puyo Tetris is out for delivery to where I work. I'll be able to play it during the 90 minutes of trapped at the office hell between when my workday ends and when my girlfriend can come pick me up. Sharing one car is hard :v:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh yeah there is a Giant Bomb QL if someone wants to see the modes in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T492dBrfux0

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

irlZaphod posted:

Red-green colorblind people are having trouble reading Puyos. There is a function in the game that lets you change the Puyos to letters instead of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Beans, but this function is not available in the demo. If you are red-green colorblind, you can rest assured that the game will still be playable for you.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

irlZaphod posted:

In the full game you can make the Puyo's look goofy if you want via the in game shop.

You can make the lil blobs look like sonic and friends, alphabet letters, genesis sprites etc. If a player is colorblind they can probably find a skin that'll make it easier to identify your puyos.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jimmy Hats posted:

Just a friendly reminder that FIRE EMBLEM is soon

This reminds me, has there been any word about that fantasy Advance Wars - like indie game that was shown before the Switch came out? I can't even remember the name! It looked pretty dope.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm bored and dug up some images of the ingame shop. You can be the judge on if this'll help you if you're colorblind

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Takoluka posted:

Red-green colorblind people are having trouble reading Puyos. There is a function in the game that lets you change the Puyos to letters instead of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Beans, but this function is not available in the demo. If you are red-green colorblind, you can rest assured that the game will still be playable for you.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In the full game you can make the Puyo's look goofy if you want via the in game shop.

You can make the lil blobs look like sonic and friends, alphabet letters, genesis sprites etc. If a player is colorblind they can probably find a skin that'll make it easier to identify your puyos.

Makes sense, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You have to unlock it though so enjoy the game for eight hours lol

• Locked thread