Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Bogan King posted:

It will go to Pyne who will be sailing under his new flag for the Next Tuesday party.
I'd support a one off move of polling day so he could use the slogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Yep.

The Peter Principle seems like it was designed specifically to talk about Peter Dutton. Doesn't even need a rebrand.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

This man should be arrested for saying offensive things. This is perhaps the most offensive thing to declare on ANZAC day.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Zenithe posted:

Both sides are bad.

this is correct.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

:discourse:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
The best part is she's doing the shocker and not the two finger salute. Can't even get their rude finger gestures right Mr Speaker.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Good way to upset people, being Muslim that is.

Literal concentration camps are a thing we shouldn't forget. Right? Because we have them, that is the link I'm drawing here.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Bogan King posted:

Even crazy hard right nutter women don't want to work with Bernghazi. Who could have guessed.

You say that, and yet I find it far more likely the black immigrant woman wasn't allowed to join Cory's special club

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lol at literally a single line of indirect criticism being enough to trigger this response.

My favourite bit is that the ABC is "spineless" for not immediately doing what the Telegraph wants.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

this horrible moslem woman isn't even ashamed of being moslamic

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it took them two paragraphs to mention her religion but three to actually quote what she said

by the end of the year the telegraph will have printed the 14 words

Dan
Nov 26, 2002

Victim of reality
That Family First / Australian Conservatives amalgamation seems completely clownshoes. I mean, I don't have any data, but I would have thought that the word "family" in the brand name was a big part of their appeal to a lot of the churchgoing type that would otherwise just vote LNP or One Nation.

Losing the name to the super-generic corporate-sounding Australian Conservatives, seems like a terrible move for them (good).

Also "ABC understands newly elected Family First senator Lucy Gichuhi will not be part of the merged party". LOL.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

This is the hill Dutton has chosen to die on. This.

drat, how did Howard deal with his bullshit over the Tampa and the children overboard scandal, again?

EDIT: Yep, no apology. "Didn't get the intel in time". "They sank their own drat boat which put the kids in the water". "Senate inquiry was Labor sour grapes". Etc.

Basically, he brushed it all off.

But here's the thing, despite being faeces in human form, Howard was a very skilled and hard working politician. He had the ability, the knowledge and the reputation to weather something like that.

Dutton is a potato.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 25, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Konomex posted:

This man should be arrested for saying offensive things. This is perhaps the most offensive thing to declare on ANZAC day.

"I can't think of any way better to commemorate our war dead by talking up all the new and exciting places where we can add to their number."

-some staffer in President Trumbles office.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Scientists successfully teach gorilla to read at a Daily Telegraph-level

The great ape has now sadly become Islamophobic.

Scientists successfully teach gorilla to read at a Daily Telegraph-level
29 July, 2016. 12:34

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact

ZOOKEEPERS AT DUBBO’S WESTERN Plains Zoo are delighted to announce this morning that scientists from the nearby TAFE college have successfully taught Glenn, a four-year-old juvenile gorilla, to read at a Daily Telegraph-level.

Named after Narromine-born cricketer Glenn McGrath, the gorilla was the first to be born at the zoo. His birth heralded a new beginning for the nation’s gorilla breeding programme.

“It’s a truly remarkable achievement,” said Head Ape Keeper, Debby Frog.

“Glenn has always been a bit slower than the other gorillas we have here. While his cousins have recently been observed using tools for the first time, which is a major cognitive milestone in a gorilla’s development, Glenn has not,”

“But he’s now the only gorilla in the world who enjoys reading the Daily Telegraph, which is just amazing.” she said.

Originally published as “Ape reads, two die in horror crash near Gilgandra” in The Daily Liberal.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Dutton is now saying that his intel on the kid has come from classified information and he will not be releasing it. It is so classified that even everyone who was actually there for what Dutton said went down don't even know it went down. That is an impressive level of commitment to keeping information classifed.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

Dutton is now saying that his intel on the kid has come from classified information and he will not be releasing it. It is so classified that even everyone who was actually there for what Dutton said went down don't even know it went down. That is an impressive level of commitment to keeping information classifed.

The potato king is basically saying he has an uncle that works at Nintendo and trying to convince an entire playground of rightly skeptical kids.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/856842492225998849

lol fail

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
great scandal of our time:

taking a few too many trips on cabcharge

no problem:

potato vilifying desperate people in his care through bald face lies

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Thread favourite FDotM has been working on a new national anthem

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

starkebn posted:

great scandal of our time:

taking a few too many trips on cabcharge

no problem:

potato vilifying desperate people in his care through bald face lies

now let's see if he gets in trouble for publicly revealing classified information

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Niel Mitchell is interviewing a stone mason who knows "a lot" about the Anzac spirit because someone wrote war is murder on a tombstone. Enthralling stuff.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

He's really beating up that ABC presenter that posted a out Palestine or whatever it was.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

He's really beating up that ABC presenter that posted a out Palestine or whatever it was.

Her post about Palestine consisted of writing the word Palestine.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 26, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Their post about Palestine consisted of writing the word Palestine.

There are some very anti free speech people calling him. "Was she educated in Australia, she obviously didn't learn about the ANZAC SPIRIT in school".

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Gorilla Salad posted:

Dutton is a potato.
But will he be a brushed potato?

The very worst piece of antiwar protest that was even enacted on Australian soil was the single woman who threw red paint on the commanding officer of first battalion in Sydney in 1966. This has been repackaged and retold as a scandalous attack on returning veterans ever since. It has been used as the trump card in the war/anti-war debate on the side of war ever since. What moral authority can your case have if one of its proponents is prepared to stoop so low?

If only the same standards applied to cabinet ministers and the parties who support them.

"Giant shithead"? I would hope I needed to do more to deserve that but OK.

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 26, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dan posted:

That Family First / Australian Conservatives amalgamation seems completely clownshoes. I mean, I don't have any data, but I would have thought that the word "family" in the brand name was a big part of their appeal to a lot of the churchgoing type that would otherwise just vote LNP or One Nation.

Losing the name to the super-generic corporate-sounding Australian Conservatives, seems like a terrible move for them (good).

Also "ABC understands newly elected Family First senator Lucy Gichuhi will not be part of the merged party". LOL.

This morning on ABC they were talking about Cory like he's SA's Pauline Hanson, but what he really is/was is the top of the ticket Liberal member in SA so he's almost guaranteed to get in. Now he's not.

Family First pick up a lot of votes due to their friendly sounding name and Bob Day's tenure - now they've lost both of those.

I can't wait for the next election as Bernardi's party will be blasted into irrelevance.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I can't wait for the next election as Bernardi's party will be blasted into irrelevance.

This doesn't mean he won't still get vox pops on Sky though :smith:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bernardi is a 6 year senator so next election means nothing to him as he's not up. Unless Towelcum calls another DD in which case :getin:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Cartoon posted:

"Giant shithead"? I would hope I needed to do more to deserve that but OK.

standards for angry avatars have slipped, this is clearly a moral crisis gripping our youth

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Friggin' snowflakes melting down about free speech

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

We need more white social justice entrepreneurs to counter these right wing personalities.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

sick of Applebees posted:

Friggin' snowflakes melting down about free speech

Or just generally in warm weather.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh Starshark I forgot to mention that Rosa Parks was secretary to the head of the NAACP and they were prepared to campaign on her arrest which was premeditated and part of a wider campaign around civil rights. Just so you know for future reference when arguing in favour of mindless spartacism and against organising.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

JBP posted:

Oh Starshark I forgot to mention that Rosa Parks was secretary to the head of the NAACP and they were prepared to campaign on her arrest which was premeditated and part of a wider campaign around civil rights. Just so you know for future reference when arguing in favour of mindless spartacism and against organising.

Claudette Colvin's use of the tactic was earlier wasn't organised and she isn't famous because they were worried about the optics of a pregnant teenage girl as the face of the civil rights movement.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

thatbastardken posted:

standards for angry avatars have slipped, this is clearly a moral crisis gripping our youth

Dear avatar buyer, it's been a year since you bought this one can I have another one?

Will "gently caress the ANZACs" be enough to earn your ire?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

More like support are poops am I right?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The PHON candidate who kidnapped a bunch of aboriginal kids is resigning from PHON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bogan King posted:

The PHON candidate who kidnapped a bunch of aboriginal kids is resigning from PHON.

I can't find this anywhere. I want to read his statement regarding his resignation only being of a technical nature.

• Locked thread