Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

I just had a game where 60 % of the server got punched to death in parachutes at the start by one guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Intoluene posted:

Roughly equivalent to a 660ti iirc

You should be able to run it fine then, just be prepared to crank everything down. The 2 hour grace period for refunds is enough for like 4 or 5 games to see how it runs, too.

Does anyone know what kind of antialiasing system they use in this game? I hate how jaggy it looks when I don't have it on, but whatever AA solution they have looks absolutely awful, like everything is smeared with vaseline. It's so bad that I actually would rather have the jaggies.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah the AA is awful and makes everything seems blurry. You can possibly force your GPU to do AA through your 3D application settings though I haven't tried.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Today I learned you can't jump into the ocean from not even a very high cliff????? wtf

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Today I learned you can't jump into the ocean from not even a very high cliff????? wtf

yeah this is like the one game ever where you take falling damage from water

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Im playing this game pretty far below min spec (i3-2100, 8gb generic ram, radeon HD7850) but I do have it on an SSD which helps. Im playing at 900p with settings at low to med and the frame rate is mostly holding up. Spinning the camera aroung super fast out in the open air can make it chug, but for the most part it looks to hold around 30fps.

I have to leave my cans off until I land though, because Matchmaking Island makes the nastiest cacophony, like it is struggling to produce all of the sounds going off and cones out chopped and screwed, and once we are on the plane Ive heard the same United Air joke a dozen times with 3 hours of playtime.

No better feeling so far than guessing right on a building entry and getting the jump on a house camper just waiting on someone to walk in. Surprise motherfucker, buckshot goes through the door!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

beggar posted:

Im playing this game pretty far below min spec (i3-2100, 8gb generic ram, radeon HD7850) but I do have it on an SSD which helps. Im playing at 900p with settings at low to med and the frame rate is mostly holding up. Spinning the camera aroung super fast out in the open air can make it chug, but for the most part it looks to hold around 30fps.

I have to leave my cans off until I land though, because Matchmaking Island makes the nastiest cacophony, like it is struggling to produce all of the sounds going off and cones out chopped and screwed, and once we are on the plane Ive heard the same United Air joke a dozen times with 3 hours of playtime.

No better feeling so far than guessing right on a building entry and getting the jump on a house camper just waiting on someone to walk in. Surprise motherfucker, buckshot goes through the door!

Ctrl+T to mute voice chat

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Jerkface posted:

Just drive a car over that cliff, then.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah the AA is awful and makes everything seems blurry. You can possibly force your GPU to do AA through your 3D application settings though I haven't tried.

I've found that AA helps a lot, but it's post processing that is horrible and makes everything greasy.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Fog effects incoming, should make for a more interesting dynamic than rain.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Jerkface posted:

Hope it wasn't while equipped with a silenced M16 and silenced KAR when you had perfect cover in the circle the 2 ppl left had to come to you to get in but then you mis-stepped when too anxious to remain unseen and fell down to splat in the water for 3rd place. Ask me how I know!

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Got my first win! With zero kills.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

AzureSkys posted:

Hope it wasn't while equipped with a silenced M16 and silenced KAR when you had perfect cover in the circle the 2 ppl left had to come to you to get in but then you mis-stepped when too anxious to remain unseen and fell down to splat in the water for 3rd place. Ask me how I know!

how do u know?

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

busb posted:

how do u know?

I was equipped with a silenced M16 and silenced KAR and had perfect cover in the circle the 2 ppl left had to come to me to get in but then I mis-stepped when too anxious to remain unseen and fell down to splat in the water for 3rd place.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Got my first chicken dinner through judicious use of the UMP. I think it outclasses any of the ARs at close range (sub 25 meters) now. (also I'd like if you could jump out windows for a change)

https://streamable.com/pcm6a

edit:

Wow, sucks for this guy

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 25, 2017

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

For first week or so I was really cautious about drop zones. If I saw someone dropping near me I'd quickly turn and go somewhere else.

Lately I've just been saying gently caress it and dropping wherever I want and wow are most people super timid in solo. It seems like nine times out of ten if you charge someone as soon as you land they'll panic and try to find a gun while you try to superman punch their head.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
just got my second win which ended with two of us 10 feet away from each other completely in the open, on the decline of two hills, waiting for the circle to spawn. it spawned on me and he bled out and i didnt even get to see him. its like we both just accepted that the game was going to randomly choose a winner

i wish there was a way they could enforce a timer like the circle without making 9/10 games complete poo poo around the 15 person mark. once you get down to 6 its really fun again but from about 15-6 its horrible

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I love that I can actually prone-crawl across a field now when no other options are available and not immediately get hosed for it.

Now I just need to remember to use single fire rather than burst on the M16 because holy poo poo I totally loving suck at aiming/ammo conservation.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
While riding in a motorcycle on duo's. The driver hits a bump ,we somehow get flung infront of the motorcycle. It runs us over and we die.

Next game 3 of us jump off bridge while slightly injured. 2 team mates instantly die.

drat you blue hole.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If the motorcycle inverts even the tiniest bit, you will get ejected. You still suffer speed penalties on leaving a vehicle from this. Combine with the weird random divots in a few places around the map and it goes swell.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The bike is tricky but drat is it good for zipping around the map quickly and quietly once you get the hang of it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/856783765263142913

Looks pretty cool, I'd like them to add some different times of day too. Full night would probably be a pain in the rear end (but would make flash hiders actually useful) but a misty/rainy dusk would be really atmospheric and cool.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Bardeh posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/856783765263142913

Looks pretty cool, I'd like them to add some different times of day too. Full night would probably be a pain in the rear end (but would make flash hiders actually useful) but a misty/rainy dusk would be really atmospheric and cool.

So long as the full night has a bright moon and not the typical "Our eyes cannot adjust to night at all and everything is black also light does not spread" I wouldn't mind.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Night time would be amazing but I feel like, balance issues aside, something about it wouldn't work great with the shrinking circle stuff. It strikes me as something slower paced.

Dusk would be rad, though. Other weather could be cool too. Maybe a heavy snow?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Gimmie a mountainous snow map with heavy forests.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
From what I recall, PU has ruled out night maps, and is keen on a snow map. Imagine the meta from looking for snow camo.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

From what I recall, PU has ruled out night maps, and is keen on a snow map. Imagine the meta from looking for snow camo.

I'd just like it if the descriptions for clothing actually matched what they are. A bunch of the jacket options are blaringly white.

Case in point:
https://streamable.com/18gxs

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 25, 2017

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

A night map would just be everyone with gamma turned up to 11, unfortunately.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

At worst, yeah. At best you'd need to rush level 3 spawns and hope for newly added night vision goggles

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'd just like it if the descriptions for clothing actually matched what they are. A bunch of the jacket options are blaringly white.

Case in point:
https://streamable.com/18gxs

You're just ahead of the curve, man. Winter is coming.

Good job on your chicken dinner clip BTW (was phone posting when I watched it).

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I was fighting a guy in the second floor of one those squat little hexagonal buildings. He had the door closed and was firing out a window. I had the crazy idea to shoot a hole in the door and chuck a grenade in and it WORKED. It loving WORKED!

Bardeh posted:

Flash hiders are absolutely useful. Obviously a silencer is going to be better, but the first thing I do when I'm trying to find the source of gunshots is look for the muzzle flash. Especially useful when you've got someone shooting from a window.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

taqueso posted:

A night map would just be everyone with gamma turned up to 11, unfortunately.

seems like all the streamers already do this

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

New Silent Hill looking pretty good.

Now for some clips! Vehicles working as intended:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ZwL2g7L18

And what the hell happened here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GBMIJTrbh8

Did he ping me through the wall somehow?

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Yodzilla posted:

And what the hell happened here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GBMIJTrbh8

This is a bug. You'll notice that you're not actually taking any damage. Then you were unlucky. The guy had crested the corner before you and shot you in the face.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape

Yodzilla posted:

Thats the damage bug, as far as I can tell it happens if you take damage in a vehicle and exists entirely to make your heart explode at the worst possible moment.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Diabeesting posted:

Thats the damage bug, as far as I can tell it happens if you take damage in a vehicle and exists entirely to make your heart explode at the worst possible moment.

Oh interesting, I didn't realize it was vehicle related but yeah this happened a few minutes after I hit the tree in the previous video. Now that I'm thinking of it vehicles were features before I saw it in other games before.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1299695420531366322

Tl;dr a few minor bugfixes and loot spawns being rolled back to how they were before.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
What this game really needs is a 'ping' option for duo/squad like R6: Siege so you can show your friends what you're looking at/targeting.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Bardeh posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1299695420531366322

Tl;dr a few minor bugfixes and loot spawns being rolled back to how they were before.

quote:

- Reduced the amount of health lost when a character is ejected from a flipping motorbike

Haha aww.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

In-depth writeup of the M16:

The M16: The leader of the bunch, you might know this weaoon well as its been in countless games, though its back in PUBG to kick some tail! A big reason its so good is it fires in spurts, if it shoots at you, it's gonna hurt! The M16 is truly biggger, faster and stronger too. It's the number one gun to go for in my crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Ha the pan blocks arrows. Also good to know that a superman punch does more damage than a normal one.

• Locked thread