Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Orkin Mang posted:

what did they do to them. im not watching any of their videos. from the picture it looks like she ate them or he molested them

They straight up hardcore bullied their kids for sweet Youtube money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Rondette posted:

Some parents who use their children for Youtube views crossed a line and had to issue an apology for their lovely behaviour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoYTdYRPPpw

In case you're like me and wondered what kind of "use" they were getting out of their kids, it is abuse. Most of the videos are terrorizing the same two children over and over again.

I don't know if it's an act of not but I don't loving like it one bit. I am barely recovering from a childhood that resembled something like what the poor Cody boy has been going through, and the I cannot abide people normalizing this poo poo.

I'm actually crying a bit, it's a lot to take in if you've been abused.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Wasabi the J posted:

In case you're like me and wondered what kind of "use" they were getting out of their kids, it is abuse. Most of the videos are terrorizing the same two children over and over again.

Vice.com did an article and wrote some descriptions:

quote:

The initial rush of complaints came as a result of a video called "Ink Prank", in which Mike and Heather scream expletives at Cody, their young bespectacled son, accusing him of spilling ink on his bedroom carpet. They berate the child to the point of tears as he desperately tries to tell them he's innocent. Another child is roped into the "prank" and also begins to cry. In the end, as Cody, red-faced, wipes away his tears, Mike implores him to say the channel mantra of "click, like, subscribe, leave a comment, etc".

quote:

As self-stlyed YouTube news anchor Phillip DeFranco has pointed out in his extremely damning video, this is not the only instance of the Martin parents subjecting their children to emotional distress. Cody in particular seems to get a disproportionate amount of mistreatment. He's often seen screaming and crying, his siblings bullying him, breaking his possessions, dragging him off of furniture, all while his step mother Heather demands he "take a joke" (further ostracising him by saying he's "the only one in the family who can't take a joke") and to stop "acting like a butthole". He looks to the camera and pleads for the filming to stop. Of course, it doesn't. In one video Cody asks his father to stop filming, to which the response is, "No, I need to vlog my life, you know that."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They aren't that bad compared to some channels where a kid unboxes new toys every single week. I've seen articles call it like a dystopian unrelenting capitalism nightmare.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I can take no joy in any of this.

I remember being abused became routine for me and I ended up just going with it as a matter of fact; fighting back made it worse, crying was interpreted as self pity instead of remorse (it wasn't enough to be in trouble, I had to be grateful for my "lectures"), and nothing I would do would change the course of my abusers so I would just figure in for a penny, in for a pound, and used this to justify why I was being abused.

Mu Zeta posted:

They aren't that bad compared to some channels where a kid unboxes new toys every single week. I've seen articles call it like a dystopian unrelenting capitalism nightmare.

I would get toys as tokens of affection and for something to be taken away.

Space camp, diving lessons, Legos, science toys from the Discovery store -- to be taken or thrown away because i was ungrateful. This was the preferred out punishment for me because I didn't have to get hit or yelled at nearly as long for whatever I did wrong.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Apr 25, 2017

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
The only way I would accept their apology as sincere would be if they gave every single penny they made from all their videos to charities supporting abused kids, went into counseling, and voluntarily asked for and had regular visits from CPS into their home to verify the welfare of the children.

As it looks from their apology video, it's a pair of brain damaged, emotionally stunted morons who are sorry they got caught bullying and abusing children, and even try to blame getting carried away on the kids by saying the kids were "excited" to do the videos.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

What movie is this from? I think I'm the only person on the forums that doesnt know.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
My parents only ever did that to me once. My dad got pissed at me once, and threatened to take away some fireworks we were going to launch on Halloween. I was basically "Go ahead, big man." He then proceeded to take them and break them all in half and dump out the contents into a water bucket.

I was pissed, but I will always savor the look on my dads face when I told him "Whatever, you're the one who paid for them. Nice going flushing your money down the toilet." I think it might've been the first time I "bested" my dad, and one of the first times I started to realize my dad was an intensely stupid man who had stopped learning and maturing at about age 14.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

du -hast posted:

What movie is this from? I think I'm the only person on the forums that doesnt know.

In case you're being serious and not joking, Pulp Fiction

Pretty sure it occurs in this clip, if you want context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDiny43nx3Y

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 11:26 on Apr 25, 2017

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

du -hast posted:

I think it's from Pulp Fiction. Been a while since I've seen it, though.

E: ^ there we go.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/andersforssberg/status/856486353722331136

I think one is fake, it's just too drat perfect.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Zipperelli. posted:

In case you're being serious and not joking, Pulp Fiction

Pretty sure it occurs in this clip, if you want context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDiny43nx3Y

Thanks. I wasn't joking and now feel like a dummy for not having seen the movie.

:tipshat:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

metztli posted:

The only way I would accept their apology as sincere would be if they gave every single penny they made from all their videos to charities supporting abused kids, went into counseling, and voluntarily asked for and had regular visits from CPS into their home to verify the welfare of the children.

As it looks from their apology video, it's a pair of brain damaged, emotionally stunted morons who are sorry they got caught bullying and abusing children, and even try to blame getting carried away on the kids by saying the kids were "excited" to do the videos.

I think they are going to counselling, but yeah, not nice people. I only watched a short bit of one of their videos where the 'Dad' smashes up the kid's Xbox, and hated it. Poor kids. I have just had a kid and I can't imagine ever doing lovely 'pranks' like these and the other countless ones that infest Youtube. It's one thing to give a kid a slice of lemon and laugh at their reaction, quite another to reduce a child to tears so you can profit.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009
Hopefully CPS is all up on those lovely youtube parents. They may have apologized and they may not vlog being lovely to their kid anymore. I am betting that the only change will be the vlogging. They will still be lovely parents.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Those assholes tried to give the excuse that it was all the kid's ideas and that they are just acting. There's two problems with that, first being why would you indulge some shithead ten year old's idea of bullying their brothers and sisters? And secondly that poo poo was definitely not an act, kids are not that good actors.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

metztli posted:

I wish a viewer could send a message to those kids without the parents seeing it somehow, just to tell them, "What your parents do is not normal, and you don't need to tolerate it. Call the police." Most child abuse is normalized to the children involved, because they're stuck in it and don't know any different. Even the parents seem stupid and/or callous enough to have rationalized it in their heads, not that I give a drat about them. No one in this situation seems to understand that yelling like this at children is not normal or healthy.

Some of the stuff described in the Vice article reminds me of this horrible mom that lived next to my wife (then girlfriend) in college. She would regularly yell vulgarities at her little (4-7 year old) kids. She would be dropping f-bombs like on them like it wasn't a thing, and she was loud as hell. As far as I could tell, she was basically yelling at them for existing: getting up early, squealing like little kids do, running around, wanting breakfast, etc. She usually did it early in the morning, which I remember because it interrupted my wife and I having sex more than a couple of times. There's only so much you can do when there's some harpy screaming obscenities at children on the other side of the wall. So there's your schadenfreude. But I still regret not doing something, even if it was just speaking to that woman to say something like, "We can hear you, and what you say to those kids is hosed up. Cut it out."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The parents have taken all the videos down but if people are curious about what was in them a bunch of people have re-uploaded collections of the worst stuff, just go onto youtube and do a search for 'daddyofive abuse' or 'daddyofive evidence'

Edit: pretty much the entire Youtube community has come out to say "This is hosed, gently caress these guys". Even Ozzy Man Review which usually only does funny voiceovers on silly videos came out and did a piece to camera about it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't know if it's an act of not but I don't loving like it one bit. I am barely recovering from a childhood that resembled something like what the poor Cody boy has been going through, and the I cannot abide people normalizing this poo poo.

I'm actually crying a bit, it's a lot to take in if you've been abused.

The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/WVrmZ9j.gifv

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
You better bet that family is under enormous scrutiny by CPS because of those videos. Chances are people in their community saw the videos as well, and the moment people see that poor kid with any marks on his body that might indicate physical abuse CPS will be right ban at their house again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Panfilo posted:

You better bet that family is under enormous scrutiny by CPS because of those videos. Chances are people in their community saw the videos as well, and the moment people see that poor kid with any marks on his body that might indicate physical abuse CPS will be right ban at their house again.

Can CPS do nothing about mental abuse even if it's documented and posted on the internet? Like if they filmed themselves smacking him in the face for fake spilling ink they'd be in jail right now. How is this any different?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Solice Kirsk posted:

Can CPS do nothing about mental abuse even if it's documented and posted on the internet? Like if they filmed themselves smacking him in the face for fake spilling ink they'd be in jail right now. How is this any different?

It's possible they are doing things about it. You think these are the type of people to willingly go to counseling and put down the videos, unless there were legal consequences?

The problem is also that they would never be forthright about what CPS really said or did (since it would make them look bad) and CPS can't disclose details to the public.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

fridge corn posted:

The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread

Kill yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Bobjr, I usually can't see your videos, but holy poo poo am I glad I saw this one.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

I don't think it's fake. I think I've done something similar to this, and I don't think I was a little kid at the time. It's all kind of hazy.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Me too, kid, me too.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

quote:

In one video Cody asks his father to stop filming, to which the response is, "No, I need to vlog my life, you know that."

Truly, we are living in the future.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

metztli posted:

The parents have told their kids that all their fancy toys and xboxes that their parents are breaking are solely because of all the money they're raking in from you-tube dollars, so if the kids don't go along with it they don't get presents.

Cody gets the worst of it, as one of their most recent "pranks" was that they left him at home with his grandparents and the dogs while the rest of them went to loving Disneyland.

No they didn't come back for him, he didn't get to go to Disneyland because he as the only one of the kids who wasn't okay with being pranked.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

"It's just a prank, BRUH," something this dumpster father literally said to his flinching red faced tear-stained kids after screaming profanities at them. then he uploaded his daily dose of child abuse to 700,000 loyal subscribers who supported a year and a half of this comic gold.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Kurieg posted:

The parents have told their kids that all their fancy toys and xboxes that their parents are breaking are solely because of all the money they're raking in from you-tube dollars, so if the kids don't go along with it they don't get presents.

Cody gets the worst of it, as one of their most recent "pranks" was that they left him at home with his grandparents and the dogs while the rest of them went to loving Disneyland.

No they didn't come back for him, he didn't get to go to Disneyland because he as the only one of the kids who wasn't okay with being pranked.

What the hell? Was this one reuploaded? Because while all of the actual screaming abuse is way, way worse, this one in particular is just sort of dumb and petty to me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
http://i.imgur.com/qroxIpW.gifv

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

SpacePig posted:

What the hell? Was this one reuploaded? Because while all of the actual screaming abuse is way, way worse, this one in particular is just sort of dumb and petty to me.

You mean like someone who uses YouTube comments as their barometer for acceptable behavior?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The kids were constantly nursing new injuries. And the apology video is just a lie about it being fake, saying the videos are the kid's ideas, and an expression of love for their channel and their fans (no mention of loving the kids).

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

SpacePig posted:

It came up in the imgur comments when this was making the rounds last week, so I didn't see it myself (several people confirmed it, however) but I assure you the psychological abuse is just as hard on the kid. They're conditioning them to accept being victimized and yelled at because good things happen when you are. Their "apology" video has the oldest boy (the one who actually gets to participate in the bullying of Cody)saying "At least you guys don't beat us like other parents do." before screaming the dad's tagline "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRAH!" so they've been conditioned to think that their situation is preferable to the alternative (which is apparently continuous physical abuse).

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

The real schadenfreude will be when this kid gets older and murders his parents.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

XYZ posted:

The real schadenfreude will be when this kid gets older and murders his parents.

Not an empty quote

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

XYZ posted:

Stabs them dozens of times yelling "ITS JUST A PRANK"

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

XYZ posted:

it's ok, it'll be a prank murder

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, no. gently caress that. That couple are awful people who could best serve their children and the world by no existing