Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Human Vanguard in gold and red sort of looks like what Iron Man would wear on laundry day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

moot the hopple posted:

Human Vanguard in gold and red sort of looks like what Iron Man would wear on laundry day.

The Asari Sentinel in orange and red looks a bit like Samus without a helmet. The infiltrators look like Boba Fett a bit.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

precision posted:

I think you mean skoolmunkee, who did a ton of great ME comics including "Varren Dad", pretty sure they're all still on her tumblr or something cause I just looked at them a few months ago.

That was it. Her whole javik and zaeed being bros is canon as far as I'm concerned

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
If your Kroguard aint named Hulk Krogan I feel pity for you.

Also in the stupid apex app you can give your characters names

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Error 404 posted:

Also in the stupid apex app you can give your characters names

...do they become visible in-game? If not, well, okay. Bioware!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

precision posted:

...do they become visible in-game? If not, well, okay. Bioware!

No different from ME3.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Naming and coming up with elaborate backstories for our characters was my group of friends favorite ME3 pastime. My Infiltrator was the first Salarian to convert to Judaism and Bill the Gay Geth could achieve consensus like no other, girlfriend

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

You didn't need to download a stupid app to pointlessly rename your characters in ME3.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Two Finger posted:

No different from ME3.

No I mean, do the names at least appear to me.

I had fun naming my dudes in ME3MP even if usually I picked a letter at random and then picked the first result from the PS3's predictive keyboard. My Destroyer was named Reason.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I gave my Destroyer a Spartan first-name-three digit designation
Because honestly that's basically what they were

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
My human adept is Weeablu

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My Krogans were Hulk and Krug. I named my ninja dude Hanzo and the juggernaut Jiggy.

i do NOT like BBQ
Jun 2, 2008
I only ever named my batarian soldier, because he was the most op class ever. God I miss inferno grenades and ballistic blades.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
God I miss Batarians :(

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

There was very little more satisfying than that long rear end windup to just remove someone's loving head.
Or turning someone into Pinhead with the ballistic blades.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I got my Asari Duelist wearing the right shade of purple so it looks like she almost nude

i do NOT like BBQ
Jun 2, 2008

precision posted:

God I miss Batarians :(

Amen brother. I'm still holding out for mp dlc batarians.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
They've all but said other races are going to be on the DLC Quarian Ark that was delayed due to difficulties, so there's a chance.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I wont be happy til I get a Volus Vanguard

E: or a Hanar soldier or infiltrator

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Hulk Smash... green and purple vanguard for life

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
I play this, add me on PSN if you want: Kalenn

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

dazoner posted:

Hulk Smash... green and purple vanguard for life

I dunno. Hulk Krogan's Red and Yellow makes a convincing argument.

That said my Vanguard is basically in water camo.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
My human vanguard is named At Ramming Speed in honor of our patron saint.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Unlocked and played the Krogan Gladiator last night - it's pretty weak at low levels and really suffers from the lack of melee lock-on. :sigh:

I miss the warlord and ME3 Krogan. At least rage doesn't cause headaches anymore!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Have they said anything about fixing the stupid melee? Like how did that get missed? Or is that supposed to be some sort of a "balance" change? If the game was first person I'd be a little more understanding but with a fixed third person camera that won't even show if some dumbass wraith is eating your butthole it just makes no sense

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

moist turtleneck posted:

Have they said anything about fixing the stupid melee? Like how did that get missed? Or is that supposed to be some sort of a "balance" change? If the game was first person I'd be a little more understanding but with a fixed third person camera that won't even show if some dumbass wraith is eating your butthole it just makes no sense

Might be something they couldn't do with the new game engine.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They can lock on with powers but not melee? I doubt that

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
I found the Krogan Gladiator I unlocked last night to be delightful- Pull then Smash off the map. And while you can miss with the giant hammer 'cause Bioware, when it hits that noise "KRUNG". I kind of wish it had Barrier, but pull and Nova should work nicely. I did one Bronze, then was able to jump to Silver and clear them. Played with a lvl 6 Gladiator one round, not sure how many boxes THAT took. . . .

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wish that when you used the hammer after pull, the animation would change to a baseball bat home run swing

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Error 404 posted:

If your Kroguard aint named Hulk Krogan I feel pity for you.

sup.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I finally unlocked Kineticist the other night and she is loving bonkers. At level 3 I took her into Gold and topped the score list (possibly because of the "double points for biotics" bug, which I know nothing about) but points don't matter, what matters is how fast everything started dying once I got into Ascension.

And like I said that's at level I/3. I can only imagine what she's like at X/20.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

precision posted:

And like I said that's at level I/3. I can only imagine what she's like at X/20.

It's nice. Provided you can avoid damage, you can send so many mooks into orbit.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

precision posted:

I finally unlocked Kineticist the other night and she is loving bonkers. At level 3 I took her into Gold and topped the score list (possibly because of the "double points for biotics" bug, which I know nothing about) but points don't matter, what matters is how fast everything started dying once I got into Ascension.

You get both assist and kill points with some biotics, particularly Pull in the case of the Kineticist.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It's not really a bug, it's a feature to let support oriented classes score points without necessarily straight up killing poo poo.

If you pull an enemy out of cover and someone else shoots it, you still get points for helping out. If you pull an enemy out of cover and shoot it yourself, you get the full points for killing it and then you get extra points for helping... yourself.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm ok with the assignment of points being unbalanced for a while if the debts want to work on other parts of the game first

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Score doesn't mean that much anyway. I've seen the top scoring player in a match ignore a device objective they're sat right next to more than once.

The biotic double dip thing got brought up because one person was like "I TOP THE SCOREBOARD ALL THE TIME YOU JUST NEED TO GET loving GOOD YOU SCRUBS"

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
You do

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

LOL.

I think people are still waiting on that build.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

How about a video of topping the scoreboard on gold with the human adept without ever firing a shot or using melee, as claimed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Digirat posted:

How about a video of topping the scoreboard on gold with the human adept without ever firing a shot or using melee, as claimed?

I've done that!

on silver

Detonating Singularity is a hell of a spacedrug.

• Locked thread