Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Empress Brosephine posted:

You have to unlock it though so enjoy the game for eight hours lol

It's 100 points which you can get in a handful of matches. Play some tetris and you'll have it in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hugoon Chavez posted:

This reminds me, has there been any word about that fantasy Advance Wars - like indie game that was shown before the Switch came out? I can't even remember the name! It looked pretty dope.
It's called Wargroove and no firm release date has been announced for it yet.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

I can't wait to destroy rows of Sonic heads in Puyo Tetris

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Red-green colorblind people are having trouble reading Puyos. There is a function in the game that lets you change the Puyos to letters instead of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Beans, but this function is not available in the demo. If you are red-green colorblind, you can rest assured that the game will still be playable for you.

My favorite part of that convo is the r-g colorblind guy going "wow that image is a lot easier to parse for some reason" not realizing there are no red puyos

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have made about three people aware they are R-G colorblind in my lifetime. It's my curse to bear.

But at least I can see the difference between red and green.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Lastly I got a microSDXC 128 GB, which is probably overkill, but when I heard that the native 32 GB card was taken up half by Zelda I figured that 64 wouldn't be enough. It seems the system needs an update for the SDXC to work though, I imagine it's something that happens pretty much immediately?

You have to go to the Home menu then select System Settings > System, then select System Update on the right pane.

Out of the box, for me, the update didn't occur automatically, but you can set it to auto-update.

The current Switch system is v.2.2.0.

Has the thread decided on a favorite AC adapter, or is the answer 'just get Nintendo's'?

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 25, 2017

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I hate that red-green colorblind is grouped as one thing as there are two different types there. There are those who have trouble seeing green and there are those who have trouble seeing red. The former is the most common by far. I'm in the later, red, category (those who have trouble seeing blue are a third and exceedingly rare category.)

I see green fine, red is desaturated for me. That means I usually can't tell the difference between green and brown or blue and purple. Not being able to differentiate between blue and purple is the thing that pops up the most often.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I honestly have trouble with both

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Just get nintendos

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

parallelodad posted:

I honestly have trouble with both

Yeah, that's a thing that can happen too. No one has the same sensitivity in their rods and cones when it comes to the three colors and color blindness is a sliding scale when your sensitivity falls out of the "normal" zone.

I will say this, red is not a vibrant color for me. I grew to wondering why red was associated with things like danger and fast cars. Stop signs were a particularly confusing point. Why make such an important sign so dull and drab? Why not make it yellow?

Most games just have a lovely filter that fucks with colors for colorblind mode without actually doing anything useful. Glad this one has shapes instead.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 25, 2017

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Infinitum posted:

Evil Ryu confirmed for Brawl

https://twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter/status/856750380536877057

Also confirmed in dev is League of Evil, a fairly stock-standard Super Meat Boy-style affair that I enjoyed my time with waaaaaay back in the day on my iPhone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOj2YT8P3w4

Wouldn't expect great things from it, but it's probably worth it if it's around $5ish

Most players it had at one time on steam was F I V E

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

Binary Badger posted:

Has the thread decided on a favorite AC adapter, or is the answer 'just get Nintendo's'?

I don't know if the hive mind made up their mind but I use the two port iClever Boostcube 4.8A travel charger. I have both an Anker USB-C cable and the one that came with my Pro Controller, no difference there. That cube can keep it at 100% while playing Zelda.

Used it on 7 hour flight, no problem. I probably use this charger as much as the dock.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How long is a flight from Atlanta to Amsterdam? I'll be making that trip late summer.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Direct is probably about 7-8 hours.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

irlZaphod posted:

Direct is probably about 7-8 hours.

Ha for a second I thought you meant Nintendo direct.

May stop in Reyjavik, but yeah sounds good with the charger that was listed.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Shoota_McG posted:

I don't know if the hive mind made up their mind but I use the two port iClever Boostcube 4.8A travel charger. I have both an Anker USB-C cable and the one that came with my Pro Controller, no difference there. That cube can keep it at 100% while playing Zelda.

Used it on 7 hour flight, no problem. I probably use this charger as much as the dock.

I keep seeing that to run the Switch with the Dock, you need 15V @ 2.6A in order to power the USB ports, the video output, run the Switch at max res, etc. but only 5V @1.5A to charge the unit by itself; since the BoostCube provides 5V @ 2.4A (per port) that's probably plenty for charging the Switch on the go.

The Apple USB-C 29W Adapter, which is what I'm using at the moment, provides 5.2V @ 2.4A, and is working well with both an Anker 3 ft. USB-C charging cable and a MacAlly 3 ft. USB-C charging cable.

I dunno, it seems to me like the Apple adapters are loving overkill (especially at $49 a shot with no cable) but they're built like tanks and they're foldable, barely even get warm during charging the Switch, and are a lot smaller/lighter than Nintendo's power brick.

You can choose to either use the built-in duckhead or just jam a figure 8 to AC cord into it if you need more length / have limited space on the outlet strip/wall socket/whatever.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Puyo Puyo Tetris is on the eShop. The voice acting is so bad it's good. It's painfully obvious that they've got a single VA for every female-sounding character and it's hilarious listening to her have a schizophrenic conversation with herself.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Hmmmm I could try buying the US version this evening, see if my card words. It's annoying that the EU release date is Friday because ~*reasons*~

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I'm finishing running the data through my state of the art computing system

The results are here; the Switch is good

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Empress Brosephine posted:

You have to unlock it though so enjoy the game for eight hours lol

I unlocked enough points for different puyos in less than 10 minutes

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

robot roll call posted:

I unlocked enough points for different puyos in less than 10 minutes
He's a troll posting about things he has no actual knowledge of. Pay him no mind.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Someone's probably mentioned this but the Wii LAN adapter works with the Switch dock.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Why would anyone use a lan wire with a switch?

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

Binary Badger posted:

I keep seeing that to run the Switch with the Dock, you need 15V @ 2.6A in order to power the USB ports, the video output, run the Switch at max res, etc. but only 5V @1.5A to charge the unit by itself; since the BoostCube provides 5V @ 2.4A (per port) that's probably plenty for charging the Switch on the go.

The Apple USB-C 29W Adapter, which is what I'm using at the moment, provides 5.2V @ 2.4A, and is working well with both an Anker 3 ft. USB-C charging cable and a MacAlly 3 ft. USB-C charging cable.

I dunno, it seems to me like the Apple adapters are loving overkill (especially at $49 a shot with no cable) but they're built like tanks and they're foldable, barely even get warm during charging the Switch, and are a lot smaller/lighter than Nintendo's power brick.

You can choose to either use the built-in duckhead or just jam a figure 8 to AC cord into it if you need more length / have limited space on the outlet strip/wall socket/whatever.

Yeah if you already have that adapter you should be good. I like the two port Boostcube for travel and at home. I don't know if I am using my iPad or iPhone chargers any more. These review well and are cheap. They also fold up and are about the same size as the iPad charger.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Playing my Switch right now during lunch.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Someone's probably mentioned this but the Wii LAN adapter works with the Switch dock.

Nintendo says right on the product page that it'll work for the Switch, Wii U, or plain Wii.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Maybe they're goons who can't live with the knowledge that they're losing that tiny bit of latency with a wireless connection? Who want the fastest possible connection when downloading humongous packages from the eShop?

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If your house is wired and your wifi router is crap. Or you live somewhere where wifi is super congested.

Or you know, jumbo frames for competitive Mario Kart...

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm guessing the dummies that think splatoon 2 is going to be good will want to avoid latency issues.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
I need Pocket Jockey Switch to be a thing.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Because Lan is much better with smash than WiFi

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

You have to go to the Home menu then select System Settings > System, then select System Update on the right pane.

Out of the box, for me, the update didn't occur automatically, but you can set it to auto-update.

The current Switch system is v.2.2.0.

I've had the system since launch and had it up to date, and it still asked to do a system update when I put my SD card in recently. I remember it did it for people with SD cards at launch but assumed it was part of the day 1 update. Wonder if it does a separate update for it or if it was just an initialization step.

As for power I just use a multi charger brick I've been using for a while now.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The Switch's WiFi is much better than the Wii U's, but I already own a Wii LAN adapter so I might as well use it for better latency.

Plus I can dream about Splatoon 2 LAN tourneys and 12-system Mario Kart championships.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I hope Spla2n is good because it's the main reason I bought a switch

I used to bum Splatoon at my friend's wii u and I think I ended up with more playtime than he did and he owned the thing

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lakbay posted:

I used to bum Splatoon at my friend's wii u and I think I ended up with more playtime than he did and he owned the thing

Sorry friend, splat2 is... no good!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The barber queue is long I shoulda brought my Switch

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Lakbay posted:

:hf:
My girlfriend got me Splatoon for Christmas 2015, and has definitely played the vast majority of hours on that game. She basically splatted obsessively all last summer when she was between semesters at college. Her sleep schedule was so hosed that she started being able to tell when she was playing against Japanese children or Japanese adults :v:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Lakbay posted:

It's going to be good, but looks like invincibility powers have been removed, so the games are going to be pretty brutal.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Sorry friend, splat2 is... no good!

This is sadly true.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sakurazuka posted:

Those also the only Yakuza games on a not Sony platform so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much.

It's also pretty much an open secret at this point that Sony America is paying for the Yakuza localizations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rexroom posted:

It's going to be good, but looks like invincibility powers have been removed, so the games are going to be pretty brutal.

I don't think Bubble or Kracken did good things for the game, personally.

• Locked thread