Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's why Kaz Harai has only nine fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FiestaDePantalones posted:

I need Pocket Jockey Switch to be a thing.

No please, my life couldn't handle this. I would be consumed.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

deadly_pudding posted:

:hf:
My girlfriend got me Splatoon for Christmas 2015, and has definitely played the vast majority of hours on that game. She basically splatted obsessively all last summer when she was between semesters at college. Her sleep schedule was so hosed that she started being able to tell when she was playing against Japanese children or Japanese adults :v:

It's like that Simpsons episode where Marge gets the bowling ball called Homer for her birthday but in reverse

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want every Wii U and 3DS game remastered for Switch.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Bill Barber posted:

He's a troll posting about things he has no actual knowledge of. Pay him no mind.

Just doing my part against fake news!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Puyo Puyo Tetris is good. If you play through adventure, you'll have several hundred credits before it ever asks you to play puyo puyo so you can just go get the different puyos. Though it's a shame that Switch game releases for this week have already peaked.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Apr 25, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is good. If you play through adventure, you'll have several hundred credits before it ever asks you to play puyo puyo so you can just go get the different puyos. Though it's a shame that Switch game releases for this week have already peaked.

No more good Switch games until ARMS I think. hosed up but true.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
arms is bad

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

irlZaphod posted:

Hmmmm I could try buying the US version this evening, see if my card words. It's annoying that the EU release date is Friday because ~*reasons*~
eShop wants me to enter a Zip code for my credit card. :(

Is there anywhere reliable to get US eShop codes online? Amazon US don't seem to email.the code.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Sorry friend, splat2 is... no good!

HyperPuma posted:

arms is bad

Some truly unfresh people in here.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cojawfee posted:

No one's taking the "MK8 sucks" bait but I think it's pretty funny :-) unless you're being serious, in which case, wtf?! MK8 is so good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Aww yeah

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want every Wii U and 3DS game remastered for Switch.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'd be more interested in MK8 if I weren't a bad decision-maker who bought a Wii U a couple years ago :v:

I'm pretty sure I don't have it in me to unlock all the stuff in MK8 a second time.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I want Arms and Mario and I want them to announce more games that look good and fun.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Does Puyo puyo NA allow you to use Japanese VA? Or does Japanese Puyo have an English text option?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I want Monster Hunter

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

deadly_pudding posted:

I'd be more interested in MK8 if I weren't a bad decision-maker who bought a Wii U a couple years ago :v:

I'm pretty sure I don't have it in me to unlock all the stuff in MK8 a second time.

P sure everything is unlocked at the start in this one save for the karts/kart parts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And Gold Mario

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stan Taylor posted:

P sure everything is unlocked at the start in this one save for the karts/kart parts.

Yup. All cups and characters except for Gold Mario are unlocked from the start. Just kart parts need to be unlocked.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell is in Puyo Puyo or Tetris that it doesn't have the most inclusive age rating?

"Sometimes the shapes remind me of genitals - 5 points"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

The Bloop posted:

What the hell is in Puyo Puyo or Tetris that it doesn't have the most inclusive age rating?

The character voice lines probably?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The game does have anime girls, but they're not spicy anime girls at all, they're just cute kid anime girls. So I dunno.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Puyo Puyo Tetris teaches us that the proper thing to do when encountering a bewildered girl is to battle them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anime Tetris is still anime so its bad

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Bloop posted:

In the Giantbomb quicklook, there's a cutscene joke where one of the girls thinks she's about to be sexually harassed by a robot, but then he's just really concerned about running in the halls and proper hand sanitization, instead.

I imagine there's more where that came from.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

japtor posted:

I've had the system since launch and had it up to date, and it still asked to do a system update when I put my SD card in recently. I remember it did it for people with SD cards at launch but assumed it was part of the day 1 update. Wonder if it does a separate update for it or if it was just an initialization step.

Gonna test this when I get my SanDisk Ultra microSDXC.. System is up to date but has never had a microSD plugged in (yet)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Huh I honesty havent been paying attention and it didn't even dawn on me that Tetris and Puyo Puyo which I've taken to basically be Dr Mario meets Candy Crush would have cutscenes

Whelp, :corsair: I guess

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah they've really tried their darn hardest to add value to a very old core game. It's impressive how much poo poo they've tacked on to simple concepts.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Don't call me a creeper, I'm innocent! I'll prove it by assaulting this young girl!! - A line said by a poor misunderstood soul

E:

Character: Did she seem normal to you?
Character: No, she wasn't daydreaming about Satan. Somethings wrong.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 25, 2017

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Did yours not come with stickers? The physical editions from Target also come with stickers.

Though I can't for the life of me figure out how to preorder MK8D from Target so I get the $6 Rubik's Cube but have it be picked up in-store so I don't have to wait for ~5 shipping days. Even the Target employees can't figure it out (electronics guy doesn't know how preorders work, the little preorder cards didn't have the game itself, help desk girl redirected me to the website, which doesn't have in-store pickup and probably won't be a pre-order by the time it does).

I'd rather like to get then never use that cheap cube but I don't wanna pay for it and I definitely don't wanna miss out on Mario Kart day (/week/month/season) at work.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I'm glad I got digital because those keychains look lame.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you're having trouble making friends just try dumping loads of garbage on people, that usually works.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Everything I know about Japan comes from video games and animes so I know for a fact it is customary in Japan when meeting a stranger you must battle them in video games/collectible cards/spinning tops

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Whenever I talk to Japanese people, I unintentionally use phrases like "It can't be helped" and "oh yes bring out THAT"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tap my mountain posted:

Whenever I talk to Japanese people, I unintentionally use phrases like "It can't be helped" and "oh yes bring out THAT"

Please Understand

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was talking with a CERTAIN PERSON, and they told me about THAT. Yes, young one, THAT BLADE. The blade of which I speak. This person... They sought that as well.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I drop my training weights and now you will see my true form

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Puyo Puyo Tetris differs from real life in many respects. For example, in Puyo Puyo Tetris your character can befriend girls through arcade games, whereas in real life the thought of talking to a girl sends me into a panic attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
You like wild, hard to verify rumors? How's this for size:

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/856906915871432704

• Locked thread