Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Sven is still actually a good hero 🤗

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Boboka is really uhhhh really good

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/d/d4/Sven_rival_25.mp3

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
EG plays pretty well but the drafts... they really need some help on that front. Bring ppd back and give cr1t a drafting bootcamp or something

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Boboka is an absolute monster

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
faceless first-pick arc warden, naturally

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Boboka played insanely well but I honestly believe Sumail threw when he totally hosed up that rosh fight. Instead of killing the Sven quickly and easily he chased around a warlock and doomed Omni that Doom had already forced away from the fight.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

El Golden Goose posted:

EG plays pretty well but the drafts... they really need some help on that front. Bring ppd back and give cr1t a drafting bootcamp or something

Ppd would rather be a CEO than be on a team with Artour.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
What is Arc Warden's comp win rate even

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Burning looks like he wants a cigarette

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

What is Arc Warden's comp win rate even

0%

e: oh 2-4 but I think 0% this group stage?

Majuju fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 25, 2017

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Goddamnit I keep forgetting ex-DC is no longer nu-DC

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It owns that Bulba 2-1d Liquid

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Is this whole group stage just for seeding? Seems pretty dumb.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Andrast posted:

Yeah it seems like a massive waste of time when they do single elimination. I could see the argument for it if there were upper and lower brackets.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Andrast posted:

Who cares, we get good dotes out of the deal.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I dunno... seeding is a bigger deal when it's single elim

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheRat posted:

Yeah it seems like a massive waste of time when they do single elimination. I could see the argument for it if there were upper and lower brackets.

This is exactly how it felt at Boston.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i thought the reason for swiss was that at boston, people felt like the group "GSL" format didn't result in seeding that felt accurate or meaningful

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lulba

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
team random is getting just clobbered right now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Everyone needs to stop picking the arc warden lol

E: yeah team random disband is coming for sure. THE TI CURSE LIVES ON

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

Boboka played insanely well but I honestly believe Sumail threw when he totally hosed up that rosh fight. Instead of killing the Sven quickly and easily he chased around a warlock and doomed Omni that Doom had already forced away from the fight.

If Arteezy's Omnislash didn't roll incredibly lovely and do most of its damage on Roshan, Sven would have died. It was a risk and to me seemed like a fine one to take, it just didn't end up paying off.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

sugar free jazz posted:

If Arteezy's Omnislash didn't roll incredibly lovely and do most of its damage on Roshan, Sven would have died. It was a risk and to me seemed like a fine one to take, it just didn't end up paying off.

I completely disagree but that's why this game is so tough. I say make sure to get the kill on the hard carry that has been farming out of his mind.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think everyone is forgetting that Sumail forced staffed himself out of the riki smoke cloud and ended up near the radiant fountain.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
While I can understand wanting to mix things up, I dont think 4 rounds of Swiss is the way to do it. M:tG tournaments use Swiss, but rounds last 50 minutes and you can do 10-15 rounds over two days. Maybe Swiss but do best of 1s instead?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
where are vods being posted that aren't twitch replays

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lmao at that gg from dc

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the Swiss format makes for good relevant games throughout. I dunno what to do to make it more meaningful on the main stage beyond eliminating teams at the end of the group stage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

While I can understand wanting to mix things up, I dont think 4 rounds of Swiss is the way to do it. M:tG tournaments use Swiss, but rounds last 50 minutes and you can do 10-15 rounds over two days. Maybe Swiss but do best of 1s instead?

What would that accomplish exactly? An extra round of games? It's a single elimination tournament where all but four teams play four Bo3s for seeding. I suppose we could make them play for that coveted 7th seed instead of drawing lots for it.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 25, 2017

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

faceless are so bad hahah

like I love iceiceice so much but they always have the weirdest, worst drafts

they kind of are wings-unorthodox but never wings-effective

Majuju fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 25, 2017

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

I completely disagree but that's why this game is so tough. I say make sure to get the kill on the hard carry that has been farming out of his mind.

I'm gonna guess EG felt they were behind a bit and needed to take some risks to get ahead, it's a pretty reasonable play. If it worked, it woulda been really good.

If the omni goes down too he's not around to support the ember and it turns into a big ol rout

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This Undying has fed like 800 gold worth of tombstones in 11 minutes

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I miss playing two games and getting extra points if you 2-0. All these BO3s for placement feels excessive.

It's like I'm back in 2014 when tournaments were doing a whole bunch of BO3s on everything, even meaningless games, just so they could advertise 100+ games on a ticket.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Amazing production value: https://clips.twitch.tv/BreakableHardHabaneroPeanutButterJellyTime

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
undying is so not a hero, and it sucks because i love undying

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

digital ctrash

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
well i'm extremely hype for the main event. There has been some really fun dotes to watch so far

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/v1lat/status/856975523137957889

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Secret seeded 1st. What a world.

• Locked thread